[PK] A Woman by Many Names

zuziee

This Moda was found upon the steps of the Morrivi Palace, each covered in blood, indicating some sign of harm.

Dearest Readers,

I have functioned as the Mistress of the Wardrobe for over 40 years, starting my career under Queen Emma of Jerovitz in 403 ES. Throughout my long life, I have been known by many last names and can contently die knowing my place as a Baruch. My childhood was spent in a mixture of Draskovic-Kovachev and Barrow, only to be known as Bihar-Kovachev, Barbanov-Bihar, Morovar, and finally Baruch.

As a girl, I wanted to rule the world with all the money belonging to me. That is what Kovachev did, so that is what I had to do. Fashion never intrigued me, I was much more fascinated with nature. But, as my wise friend Princess Anastasya once said to me; “You must always have an outfit for every occasion”. This was, of course, after I was already betrothed to her brother and well into my teens. At this point, I was legitimized, a future Princess-Consort, and was recruited by Emma Karanina to be her Mistress of the Robes.

However, I was always missing something. My career was fulfilling, my children adored me, and I was a Princess. My mother and father were more than proud, I had overcome any and all obstacles with grace and was very literally ruling the world by the time I was 20. Fast forward five years and I was smoking, closing the windows, and wallowing in bed. I wanted to be anyone but me, why? I still couldn’t tell you now. I’d find myself speaking to walls and ghosts of past friends, using their wisdom to my advantage. 

So, I’d lie. And I confess it here. Prince Andrik never was unfaithful to me, but I lied to escape. My aunt, Emerentia, always said you must do anything to escape. So, that is what I did. Risky, and harmful, but my marriage was successfully dissolved. Soon after I set out traveling across Almaris with a man known as Aengul. He taught me true strength, endurance, and patience. My children and ex-husband died as I started a new life, as god smited me for my infidelity and lies. Moda i ve Kort wasn’t published for nearly a decade. 

Finally, after Aengul’s disappearance, I returned home to Karosgrad. There, a new spark grew over many years and I finally married Kaustantin Baruch. My life since marriage has been one filled with grandchildren and finishing the last of my publishable work. I sew gowns in peace, knowing that life can change if you simply let it. You are not stuck as a stagnant being, but you are a beautiful butterfly. 

Before I pass upon to the next realm, I’d like others to know my goal with Moda was never to restrict one’s expression, but to prepare those as if you are going into battle every day when you don your favorite furs or decide the next color of fabric for a gown. Thank you. 

The Directory of Nikoleta Barbara’s Works;

Common Butterflies V1, Providence, 368 ES. Print. [Link]

Common Butterflies V2, Karosgrad, 383 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Kokoshnik. Karosgrad, 405 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Colors in the Haeseni Courts, 407 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Koenas Brooches, 409 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Veils ag Sashes, 411 ES. Print. [Link] 

Moda i ve Kort: Gemstones, 413 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Men’s Fashion, 416 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Lifstala Debut Dresses, 418 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Gold Etiquette, 420 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Coronation Regalia, 427 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Mourning, 429 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Cosmetics, 437 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: 100 Years of Fashion, 439 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Royal Headdresses, 441 ES. Print. [Link]

Moda i ve Kort: Lifstala Presentation Review, 444 ES. Print [Link]

*Many Moda’s contributed too by others

Without further ado, I present:

Moda i ve Kort; The Fashion of the Court

Signed,

Her Ladyship, Nikoleta Barbara Baruch

Mistress of the Wardrobe, Kossar of Maya and Lily

A pair of lovers grip hands upon the second’s deathbed, holding into each other tightly. Forgiveness fills the air, and with the last of the second’s strength, she’d let go of the knife. Their spirits intertwined, floating heavenward. Upon their late arrival, many old faces joined them. All with admiration, some with minor displeasures. They could all rest now.

Spoiler

OOC:
I am finally DONE with Nikoleta!

Thank you all who made her such a well-written, respected, and fun character.

The widow stared at his wife’s corpse with pure horror, his shaky hands clutched the cold shoulders of her, drenched in blood. The old man struggled to speak, to wail, his shrieking breaths heard loud and clear to all of whom were nearby his cottage in Valwyck. He closed his eyes as her dangling head rested onto his. After hours like this, the old man’s eyes opened bloodshot red with rage and grief.

Mathea smiles from whatever cottage her ex husband had abandoned her in. Soon, she could make her return.

Analiesa welcomes her old friend to the seven skies

As Nikoleta drew her final breath, a sorrowful old spirit wrapped his children in his arms one last time before they were released from the old maidens curse. Finally, Andrik could rest in eternal peace as he joined his long lost twin in the seven skies. He was happy in that moment. And finally, he was free