The EDICT of TEMESCH from on HIGH, 1891

Amendments & Addendum to the Petrine Constitution

or,

the EDICT of TEMESCH from on HIGH

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1008866774982348970/1017899145014554684/Brikando_coat.png

by the UNITY OF MIND of the SENATE, the HIGH TRIBUNAL, and the OLD REGIME, in service of LIBERTY and JUSTICE, we the PEOPLE do present this EDICT from ON HIGH, delivered at MOUNT GARMONT 

CONCERNING AMENDMENTS and AN ADDENDUM to the PETRINE CONSTITUTION and THE STATUTES of the  PETRINE COMMONWEALTH 

Summary of the Amendments and Addendum to the Petrine Constitution

Good governance requires that the instruments of state be numerous and efficacious. The Chancellor of the Commonwealth, who serves simultaneously as Grandmaster of the Order, has nigh infinite duties and tasks to complete in a single term. With too much weight being placed upon this single individual, it is critical to empower the Chancellor to delegate effectively and in accordance with all applicable laws.

Accordingly, we do establish two roles: the Vice Chancellor and the Knight Commander. The Vice Chancellor shall supervis the Scrivener, the Envoy, and the Treasurer. The Knight Commander shall supervise the Captain, the Procurator, and the Questmaster. In this way, the Highest Council, composed of all officers of state, shall be expanded slightly to accommodate our recent growth. Further, the Chancellor can continue to focus on grand strategy, while individual officers manage their unique portfolios. 

The Highest Council (HC), with that being said, shall have two halves: the right wing of the state, lead by the Knight Commander, shall be called the Order-in-Council (OIC);  the left wing of the state, led by the Vice Chancellor, shall be called the Senate-in-Council (SIC).

Spoiler

1st Amendment to the Petrine Constitution or the Dual Powers Act; which shall stand as an Article of the second Book of the Lex Pettres. 

Subsection I of the 1st Amendment

Amendment of the 36th Article of the second Book of  the Lex Pettres; 

“This shall consist of no less than a Questmaster-Envoy, a Procurator, a Chamberlain, and a Scrivener.” to “This shall consist of no less than a Vice Chancellor, a Knight Commander, a Questmaster, a Procurator, a Treasurer, an Envoy, and a Scrivener.”

Subsection II of the 1st Amendment

Addition of new text to the second Book of the Lex Pettres, which shall become the 37th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “The Vice Chancellor shall be charged chiefly with supervision of the Government under the watchful eye of the Chancellor; among the Councilors of State, the Scrivener, the Chamberlain, and the Envoy, answer to the Vice Chancellor.”

Subsection III of the 1st Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 38th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “The Knight Commander shall be charged chiefly with supervision of the Petrine Order under the watchful eye of the Grandmaster; among the Councilors of State, the Procurator, as well as the Questmaster, answer to the Knight Commander.”

2nd Amendment to the Petrine Constitution  or the Senate-in-Council Act; which shall stand as an Article of the second Book of the Lex Pettres. 

Subsection I of the 2nd Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 36th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “The Chancellor shall hereafter act as the highest supervisor of the Commonwealth, and therefore be a non-voting member of the Senate.”

Subsection II of the 2nd Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 38th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “These members of Senate, of whom has received a portfolio, shall become the Councilors of State and thereof form the the Highest Council.”

Subsection III of the 2nd Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 39th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Of these Councilors of State, the Vice-Chancellor, the Envoy, the Chamberlain and the Scrivener shall form the Senate-in-Council; and the Knight Commander, the Procurator and the Questmaster shall form the Order-in-Council.”

3rd Amendment to the Petrine Constitution or the Consistency-in-Appearance Act; which shall stand as an Article of the second Book of the Lex Pettres. 

Subsection I of the 3rd Amendment

Amendment of the 39th Article of the second Book of  the Lex Pettres; 

“The Procurator shall also bring to vote those laws that may be requested by Knights of our Order, and which may be passed by Senate majority.” to “The Procurator shall also bring to vote those laws that may be requested by Knights of our Order, and which may be passed by Senate majority, subsequently the Procurator shall hold the authority to amend the format of the Lex Pettres, forasmuch as this does not amend the intention of the laws; the Chancellor must avow the prospective format alteration prior to its addition.”

4th Amendment to the Petrine Constitution or the Petran Central Repository Act; which shall stand as a Chapter of the second Book of the Lex Pettres. 

Subsection I of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Lex Pettres, which shall become the sixth Chapter of the second Book; thereby in subsequent action move all other Chapters by the number of 1; “Of Courtly Honorifics”

Subsection II of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 48th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Courtly honorifics shall be used in formal address of the roles of our Commonwealth Government, where each role shall have its own standard honorific by virtue of the Constitution.”

Subsection III of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 49th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Lord or Lady Regent and the Chancellor shall be addressed by e..g, his or her Most High Excellency, the Regent of the Commonwealth of the Petra.”

Subsection IV of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 50th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Tribunes shall be addressed by his or her Highest Excellency, the Chancellor of the Commonwealth or Tribune of the High Tribunal.”

Subsection V of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 51st Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Vice Chancellor and the Knight Commander shall be addressed by his or her High Excellency, followed by office of the individual; e.g. the Vice Chancellor of the Petra.”

Subsection VI of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 52nd Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Councilors of State shall be addressed by his or her Excellency, followed by office of the individual; e.g. the Questmaster-Envoy of the Petra.”

Subsection VII of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 53rd Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Peers of the Highborne Régime shall be addressed by his or her Highness, followed by the peerage of the individual; e.g. the Count of Temesch and Moere.”

Subsection VIII of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 54th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Relatives of the Highborne Régime shall be addressed by his or her Lordship or Ladyship, followed by the name of the individual; e.g. Ser Charles of Temesch et Moere.”

Subsection IX of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 55th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Senators shall be addressed by his or her Highest Honor,, followed by capital office of the individual; e.g. the Mayor of Old Vienne.”

Subsection X of the 4th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the 56th Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; “Henceforth, the Councilors of the Capital shall be addressed by his or her Honor, followed by capital office of the individual; e.g. your Honor, the Mayor of Old Vienne.”

5th Amendment to the Petrine Constitution or the Senate Rules of Procedure Act; which shall stand within a Chapter of the second Book of the Lex Pettres. 

Subsection I of the 5th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become an Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; 

“At the completion of each term, the Senate shall determine by majority vote how many Senate seats are up for election with the upcoming term.”

Subsection II of the 5th Amendment

Addition of new text to the Article, which shall become the an Article of the Lex Pettres; thereby in subsequent action move all other Articles by the number of 1; 

“When a Senator is incapacitated as determined by the Regent, the Chancellor may appoint any member of the Petrine Order to fill the vacancy.”

1st Addendum to the Petrine Constitution or the Uniformity-in-Language Statute; which shall stand as an Order of Directive to the Office of the Procurator.

Subsection I of the 1st Addendum

Whereas this addendum shall not act as an addition or subtraction to the Articles of law, this shall act as an Order of Directive to the Office of the Procurator, whereby the Office of the Procurator shall act accordingly; “Amend all instances of the “Senate Eques” to the “Senate”, all instances of “Tribunal” to “High Tribunal”.”

THE KNIGHTS OF PETRA WILL THRIVE EVERMORE

jYBMmXPEp3hB6aXYc_w0cFgmldlxwSBHsELl0yP2QyjLNWWZbQveZpsFFX41qRDCCs0WLspd8g1TqOHFJ5QFNlseF7MOKaNTGd4OJI0NdG7ZiwJz9cx6qcq2eoUL3Yhg_sSFv4n0mSCwFu86Y_q0BSBOtVqXboXTGxoF6-x42HKGjIf3cpTx-McHEw

By the joint assent of these authorities…

HER HIGH EXCELLENCY the CHANCELLOR, DAME CATHERINE OF FURNESTOCK

Chancellor of the Commonwealth of the Petra; Grandmaster of the Sovereign Order of the Petrine Laurel

and General Most High over the Knightly Circles of Saint Emma, the Star and the Eagle; Commander in Chief

of the Republic; Castellan of Garmont, Mardon and Valfleur; & Protector of Liberty, Justice and Chivalry

HIS MOST HIGH EXCELLENCY the REGENT, Paul Salvian Temesch et Moere

Regent of the Commonwealth; & Count of Temesch and Moere

Written jointly by the Senate Offices of…

HIS EXCELLENCY the SCRIVENER, SER BERNARD L. HALCOURT

Senator of the River Petra; Scrivener of the Commonwealth;  Knight in the Circle of the Star;

Councilor in the Highest Council; & Servant of the Order of the Petrine Laurel

HIS EXCELLENCY the PROCURATOR, SER CHARLES J. TEMESCH ET MOERE

Senator of the River Petra; Procurator of the Commonwealth;  Knight of the Circle of the Eagle;

Councilor in the Highest Council; & Servant of the Order of the Petrine Laurel

Bernard of Brasca clasps his hands together, smiling. "Petra thrives, " he notes, turning to his friend, Senator Temesch. "And our amendments passed, too." @MCVDK

@Lyonharted

“We have done it, friend.” Ser Charles noted to his friend and colleague Ser Bernard as news of the official release of the amendments went through. “Alas, we have yet much to do.” 

The Chancellor applauded, happy to see that the gears of Petra's government were turning.

Paul Temesch, Regent, grinned broadly as he signed the edict - even as he was made to do it in five colors.

"To the future."

Athenais de Savoie sat upon a tufted chaise within her quarters. She'd read upon the lines of text throughout the edict, her frail mind narrowly comprehending it's content. "My Paul, Always so bright. A mastermind, through and through."

“I’m so excited to see what my papa can accomplish,” chimed in a youthful Temesch lass in colorful silks, genuine in her eagerness to watch Petra flourish. "And also Chancellor Catherine, Ser Bernard, and Nicoletta too!" Renilde could hardly contain herself, bouncing in her seat while she told her nanny of her own aspirations within the commonwealth - for when she was older, of course... "When I'm an adult, like Dame Catherine, I want to be just a smart and fluid with the law as she is! And I want to be clever and poise like my papa, while being pretty and wise like my ma!" The Temesch's nanny couldn't have cared less, bobbing her head while the child spoke, working on stitching up one of the girl's torn, played-in gowns. 

(( reply friends... @bickando@slattador@AndrewTech))

20 hours ago, MCVDK said:

@Lyonharted

“We have done it, friend.” Ser Charles noted to his friend and colleague Ser Bernard as news of the official release of the amendments went through. “Alas, we have yet much to do.” 

Bernard nods subtly. "This is just the beginning, dear friend." He reaches into his satchel, taking out a notebook and looking to those gathered. "What should our next legislation focus on?" @MCVDK @bickando@tilly

Matilda Fredericka, Countess of Mardon, loomed at the flank of a marble likeness of a man bygone, studying its facade - it was chipped, undone by time, yet the noble acknowledged its beauty. Upon tensing her shoulders, she thereafter moved towards the hearth. "There is so much to do, but this Edict seems to be one step towards to progress. What say you, Olenna?" 

@Sawona

5 hours ago, tilly said:

“I’m so excited to see what my papa can accomplish,” chimed in a youthful Temesch lass in colorful silks, genuine in her eagerness to watch Petra flourish. "And also Chancellor Catherine, Ser Bernard, and Nicoletta too!" Renilde could hardly contain herself, bouncing in her seat while she told her nanny of her own aspirations within the commonwealth - for when she was older, of course... "When I'm an adult, like Dame Catherine, I want to be just a smart and fluid with the law as she is! And I want to be clever and poise like my papa, while being pretty and wise like my ma!" The Temesch's nanny couldn't have cared less, bobbing her head while the child spoke, working on stitching up one of the girl's torn, played-in gowns. 

(( reply friends... @bickando@slattador@AndrewTech))

A smile broke across Paul's face as he passed his daughter's room - on his way out of the castle, towards the gathering place of the state leadership.

13 minutes ago, Lyonharted said:

Bernard nods subtly. "This is just the beginning, dear friend." He reaches into his satchel, taking out a notebook and looking to those gathered. "What should our next legislation focus on?" @MCVDK @bickando@tilly

"Enumerating further rights of the general knights, however nepotistic it may seem?" The man commented as he entered the tavern. "Or - further on these subjects - demanding certain trials of knighthood? Or do you think that needn't be law?"

@Lyonharted @MCVDK @AndrewTech

"it would take more than a damn civil war to take down my hometown, Mardon, now known as Petra. Love live Petra, and I hope to be apart of it while it blossoms up like a flower." Emir of Endor stated as he glanced at the paper with a cheerful smile.