[✓] [MA] Animism: Rituals of the Elementals

Panashea

So fire elementalists would be afraid of water and then die of dehydration?

Yes gawd +10

wubh dah zkah? too many words. I'll read it to my grandkids in 2078 

10/10 would learn.

Who is sandy loam...

I feel like base shamanism and its subsects could use some heavy work before even more stuff is added onto it. Though I understand the want for new stuff, there is already quite a lot of content with the lore as it stands (though again, yes I understand there was more in the past).

This fills a hole in shamanism lore. It has very little combat mechanics but rather focuses on providing great RP for the server. + 100000000000

36 minutes ago, BobBox said:

I feel like base shamanism and its subsects could use some heavy work before even more stuff is added onto it. Though I understand the want for new stuff, there is already quite a lot of content with the lore as it stands

I agree! If you want to tackle subtypes and discuss my general ideas for shamanism I'm more then interested. It's why I submitted the amendment to fix farseer and clarified Spirit pacting to begin the process of hammering out some of the looser parts of shamanism.  I don't mean to make every submission an addition to a shaman's power or "new stuff" (why its completely non-combative).  I've tried asking, or least beating my head against a wall in terms of constantly submitting shamanic stuff, but there's no real answer on what that "heavy work" is.  The closest to understanding what that work is has been talking with Kalehart, because it feels like most of the ST don't like and/or don't understand shamanism.

I think Witchdoctor is currently the most stable, followed by Farseer, and then lutauman(my poor boy).  In writing this, I want to encourage a lot of the old shamanic community to return, as well as make Farseers and Witchdoctors more stable/address some of the heavy work that needs to be done.   I think this submission would at least give a majority of players who feel like shamanism is "dead" a means of preserving what makes the magic good without devolving it into disabling characters or reckless powergaming.

Currently Elemental Spirits have no use or real functionality for any of the subtypes, despite being the most common place in the past and arguably one of the most popular and introductory aspects of shamanism as a whole. Since I've already submitted most of what I plan to engage with (so many lutaumancy denies), I plan on reframing my orcish/shamanic compendium so that I'll have some submissions to address the holes currently in shamanism. 

Any kind of feedback or discussion, especially on this submission is always appreciated. 

16 minutes ago, ThatFunkyBunch said:

How would this work for existing elementalist? Would they no longer have their pacts with the lesser elemental spirits and have to regain an MA for Animism?

In a previous rendition of this magic, I actually had different subtypes and magic groups have an impact and effect on rituals and how much Fruum an individual possessed. Someone who was formerly an elementalist would have more Fruum because they had already pacted with the Spirits in the past and utilized many of these spells and rituals. The same would be true for dark shamans, witchdoctors, farseers, blood mages, and alchemists but I think it muddied the waters and made the magic too much of a numbers game as well as grossly inflating some older characters into ridiculous territory with how much Fruum they had.  I think it would also be cool to look through all the old MAs for elementalism and reward/inform people on such but its too messy and too complicated. For simplicity's sake, everyone is just going to start from scratch, since Elemental Spirits haven't really been used in centuries.