Valazaer Calith's Nomination for Okarir'maehr

_Sheylo_

Spoiler

THIS IS A REPOST OF MY NOMINATION FROM JULY 4TH

XkeewdVN6w7fRfxXCsLBXotsGW9V_GWYGqYdXN2FNexnrgB64EAY4Ycsm1PFoQCgMJzsQoSjcq2YnmJmwICYLNvJUHRc_HQUCMJPONOdG_Q_CjEDrDS1IYs_zXfpQwVWH7hrO3v5s5MoWE2ZE65JbLnsmUklDBH9O314wfjqErmcAs8pel6QL-Ux

A High Elf whom many know steps upon the stage where the speeches were intended to be given. However, he holds no paper in hand, as it often expresses that the speaker is unready, unprepared to give their speeches. He lifts two, gloved hands to his collar, gently straightening it out as he looks on-wards, towards the listeners.

“Many of you know me, some of you recommended that I take the stand here, today. And in some aspects, I agree with the lot of you, who believed that I would be able to bring about change within our Silver State, despite the many .. tremors that occur in our history regarding global politics.

However, I am not running for the position of Medi’ir, this eve’. I intend to occupy the spot of Okarir’maehr, Head Librarian of the Eternal Library, Head Professor of our Gilded Schools and Magical Institute. I fulfill these prerequisites by being a scholar and mage myself. During my extensive living in Haelun’or, I also believe I have built a sufficient, reliable amount of knowledge to share as a teacher to other citizens of our Blessed city.”

He leans forward ever so gently, allowing his voice to boom once more, across the audience. His voice was assertive and dutiful. His expression, determined.

“So, allow me to give you a list of problems and alongside that, a solution I am ready to enact to fix these problems.

• The contents of the Eternal Library, books gathered for many centuries, are in complete and utter disarray regarding organization, and the peoples who have donated worthy material are not noted.

My solution: To completely restructure the organization system so that common information is more readily available to the citizens of Haelunor and those who have donated worthy contributions. As well as provide access to the restricted section for whatever reason deemed necessary or those who have been entrusted by the state with access to such, and to keep a list of said people.

• There are few new, original books of quality entering the storage of the Eternal Library.

My solution: To reach out to other, standalone libraries and their librarians to organize an effort to trade copies of books in exchange for original books that are not already within the shelves of the Eternal Library and are of quality and substance. Thus, giving Almaris tools to better educate themselves, and giving the Silver State more books to add to the ledger, to help document history and provide more sources to learn from.

• The schooling programs of Haelun’or are lacking in the fact that classes to educate the citizenry are not scheduled as oft as they should.

My solution: To instate either a required or optional weekly class regarding subjects including, but not limited to science, social studies of Almaris and her people, the history of Larihei and Almaris as a whole, physical education, Mathematics, and Ancient Elven. By doing so, we make not only our citizenry more well-rounded intellectuals but perhaps the potential visitors as well.

• The Illumiran institute, regarding the voidal magic arts has been idle and near nonexistent for many decades or closer to centuries due to the failed attempts to raise such off the ground of previous Okariran.

My solution: To muster the mages of Haelun’or and make the institute whole once again so we may work on projects regarding defense, regarding discoveries and the unknowns of the void and to also use these magics safely to prevent another incident such as Ando Alur. This should also allow the citizenry access to teachers and more information regarding the true nature of these magics.”

The mali’thill who stood behind the podium swallowed down a torrent of air to refill his lungs after his list of promises. He brings his speech to a close with a few final words.

“That is my road map, if I am to be inducted into this position by the lot of you. Of course, I shall tackle problems as they arise, have no worry of that. - I have given everything for this state, since arriving, this is another way for me to give. I trust you all to look past personal grudges and to make the decision that should benefit the state the most.

That is all, I can and will elaborate further given a debate occurs. All for Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya.”

And so, the Mali’thill clad in blue steps away from the podium and retreats to wherever he is needed to be, allowing a brisk, yet silent wind coast through the streets of Haelun’or once again.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/554966332442148864/953399461890109541/Valazaer_Art.png

(A portrait of Valazaer Calith, created by an unknown artist of Haelun’or)

Spoiler

art by @puffables

vG5gg6dprK275x64Rp1dMo_-Neo_92-cT-LZzsyUIq6iWYMqAihvb8IE4QlaRAHGEEQzMxFLFnXnsvaWUKoL-ufr_ZDP1VHcuIg0KuGDtiB5NljJLTBEwrVTtTRYcxnvnjbHghgSXmSAoQPD5QQ

"I endorse this" stated Kaelan Maeyr'onn, upon listening to the same speech Valazaer have given many years ago.