4 Year REVERSE AMA

tgrt

1. I've only ever played one character in my 10 years on the server, so I'm a bit biased with that one

2. Allowing myself to get swept up into RP politics even though I knew I was already burnt out at that time. Led to some decisions I made that I wish I went about in a better manner. But, you grow up and mature from those situations, right?

3. [redacted] 

4 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

I love dilfs

I like my dad bods like I like my wine. Sweet, not too old, and affordable  😎

1 hour ago, d0ntc4r3 said:

I loved my first day on LOTC. We were still in Vailor. I remember trying to punch other players, but of course since I was new the punch did not happen. I remember walking around and punching people and nothing happening.

Fast forward a little bit, I was in Felsen. Somehow, I snuck up onto a balcony on the walls. The Empress of Oren was there with 2 of her friends. They were talking about throwing a banquet or some other festivity when soldiers returned from the war. They were standing up on the edge of the balcony looking out of the city. With their backs turned, none of them noticed me. I crouched and snuck up behind the center lady, the Empress, and punched, expecting nothing to happen. This time, my fist collided and she fell off the balcony. She said 'um did one of you punch me?' lmaoooo I ran and hid so fast. They found me but didnt do anything lmao

Even better was day 2. I applied to work for Dunamis. I was shown a short tour of the keep and ushered into the great hall, forced into the sidelines, and told to keep quiet. Now imagine me, a fresh-faced newbie, and now imagine my shock when the King of Urguan, Prince of Fenn, Sultan of the Farfolks, Orenian knights and lords, and various other nation leaders walk in to do diplomacy rp. I still have screenshots of the whole conversation on my old laptop.

Dude invented pugsy'ing on day 1 and became the world's youngest diplomat on day two, jeez.

I actually had a similar experience in my early RP days when I accidentaly got ushered into a druid moot. I remember staying there, wide-eyed as all these important figures (with shiny names and particle effects) debated about how to stop the end of the world. It was great. Really gave me perspective on how deep storylines can get and how small moments like those could decide things on a much broader scale.

That's also when I started admiring Luciloo from afar. Man, what a player. What a writer. I always strive to have the same RP presence as Nivndil had every time she walked into a room. Those flavorful, lenghty emotes that you could FEEL and HEAR as you read? MM.

37 minutes ago, Your Favorite Impure said:

1. I've only ever played one character in my 10 years on the server, so I'm a bit biased with that one

2. Allowing myself to get swept up into RP politics even though I knew I was already burnt out at that time. Led to some decisions I made that I wish I went about in a better manner. But, you grow up and mature from those situations, right?

3. [redacted] 

1 - Jesus christ you've committed to Aenor more than doctors legally need to commit to medicine to get a PHD. Not that there's anything wrong with that but can you please tell me how in the world you didn't get burned out yet? Or even. Better questions: How much did the character change in those 10 years?  Did they ever mecanically die, but you didn't PK? If so, how'd those ''deaths'' happen?

This whole character deserves their own AMA dude, damn.

2 - RP politics are what burn people out the most from what I've seen. The DEMAND from group leaders alone, from both the server and their own community is nuts. Imagine being responsible for a space where you NEED to have dozens of people come visit daily, constantly and if there's trouble or strife you gotta answer the call within the hour or insanity breaks loose. No pay, either. Sounds like owning an airbnb from hell.

3 - [DATA EXPUNGED]

35 minutes ago, Optimus420 said:

I am unfortunately not actually Optimus Prime.. :(

Alas. Some questions we could not handle the answers for, after all.

Edited by tgrt

Happy 4 years you madman

Considering the current time my thought processes are undergoing an anti-vibe rn but drop me something I can answer in the, uh... later morning, and I'll leave you with a:

That caravan'd better leave the west at some point lmao ALSO YOU'D BETTER HAVE SET THAT AMPHITHEATRE UP

2 hours ago, tgrt said:

1 - Jesus christ you've committed to Aenor more than doctors legally need to commit to medicine to get a PHD. Not that there's anything wrong with that but can you please tell me how in the world you didn't get burned out yet? Or even. Better questions: How much did the character change in those 10 years?  Did they ever mecanically die, but you didn't PK? If so, how'd those ''deaths'' happen?

This whole character deserves their own AMA dude, damn.

2 - RP politics are what burn people out the most from what I've seen. The DEMAND from group leaders alone, from both the server and their own community is nuts. Imagine being responsible for a space where you NEED to have dozens of people come visit daily, constantly and if there's trouble or strife you gotta answer the call within the hour or insanity breaks loose. No pay, either. Sounds like owning an airbnb from hell.

3 - [DATA EXPUNGED]

1. lmao, definitely committed a lot of time to the man, er, elf. Honestly, I got burnt out at a lot of points in the past, though for the longest time I saw the server through the lens of that "new player shine". At earlier points in my time as a player I considered making another character, but I had to take a little break from the server due to moving for the last two years of High School. When I returned in 2015, I was completely committed to playing Aenor and continued until 2017 when I left again after the stress and feeling of being burnt out took its toll. Honestly one of the greatest decisions I've made, and I always recommend breaks to people who are feeling the same way. Of course, I've returned now (did so around this time last year), and at this point I've just played this character for so long that I've no interest in starting another. I feel like once I PK him in the future, that'll be it for me.

One thing I love about playing a character that's been alive this long is the fact that he has seen much of current history play out over the centuries. But also, the character development. Aenor went from a bright-eyed elf joining the military in Elysium (the temp map), to a sage, grizzled veteran of many wars who has seen nations rise and fall over the centuries. He used to despise humans because of the White Rose in Anthos, to becoming a staunch supporter of Oren in Vailor during the Dominion days. I love the character development and a lot of it I honestly didn't see coming or didn't plan, which is the whole point of dynamic RP.

He has died in the past, and while I haven't PK'd him because of those deaths, I've always had them leave a mark on his body to at least have his deaths hold some meaning. He hasn't died for quite some time now, but he definitely has his battle scars to show. A lot of the deaths were due to banditry or wars, nothing too significant as far as I remember. I think his last death was in Axios at some point? 

2. I couldn't have put it better myself, lmao. I have nothing but respect for group leaders who are able to make it all come together and maintain a community of active players. I would rather put a bullet in my brain than lead a settlement again

9 hours ago, Hyperdron said:

Happy 4 years you madman

Considering the current time my thought processes are undergoing an anti-vibe rn but drop me something I can answer in the, uh... later morning, and I'll leave you with a:

That caravan'd better leave the west at some point lmao ALSO YOU'D BETTER HAVE SET THAT AMPHITHEATRE UP

Don't worry with the pace you're changing timezones and sleep schedule you'll eventually have an epiphany and realize we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Once you're pro-vibe, though, riddle me this: What's an RP niche you'd wish more people were into? You're my go-to for those meaningful, artsy and expressive moments and I really feel like there's such creative freedom when RPing with you! Feels a lot more like colaborative storytelling than just emoting at each other.

The caravan is heading straight into a volcano if you don't SHUSH and I'LL DO THE AMPHI SOMETIME NEXT WEEK OKAY.

8 hours ago, Your Favorite Impure said:

1. lmao, definitely committed a lot of time to the man, er, elf. Honestly, I got burnt out at a lot of points in the past, though for the longest time I saw the server through the lens of that "new player shine". At earlier points in my time as a player I considered making another character, but I had to take a little break from the server due to moving for the last two years of High School. When I returned in 2015, I was completely committed to playing Aenor and continued until 2017 when I left again after the stress and feeling of being burnt out took its toll. Honestly one of the greatest decisions I've made, and I always recommend breaks to people who are feeling the same way. Of course, I've returned now (did so around this time last year), and at this point I've just played this character for so long that I've no interest in starting another. I feel like once I PK him in the future, that'll be it for me.

One thing I love about playing a character that's been alive this long is the fact that he has seen much of current history play out over the centuries. But also, the character development. Aenor went from a bright-eyed elf joining the military in Elysium (the temp map), to a sage, grizzled veteran of many wars who has seen nations rise and fall over the centuries. He used to despise humans because of the White Rose in Anthos, to becoming a staunch supporter of Oren in Vailor during the Dominion days. I love the character development and a lot of it I honestly didn't see coming or didn't plan, which is the whole point of dynamic RP.

He has died in the past, and while I haven't PK'd him because of those deaths, I've always had them leave a mark on his body to at least have his deaths hold some meaning. He hasn't died for quite some time now, but he definitely has his battle scars to show. A lot of the deaths were due to banditry or wars, nothing too significant as far as I remember. I think his last death was in Axios at some point? 

2. I couldn't have put it better myself, lmao. I have nothing but respect for group leaders who are able to make it all come together and maintain a community of active players. I would rather put a bullet in my brain than lead a settlement again

Also all about that whole thing is as wonderful as it is unbeliavable. You REALLY need to get someone to write your character's biography IRP. I certainly know of an interested Bard College...

40 minutes ago, tgrt said:

Don't worry with the pace you're changing timezones and sleep schedule you'll eventually have an epiphany and realize we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Once you're pro-vibe, though, riddle me this: What's an RP niche you'd wish more people were into? You're my go-to for those meaningful, artsy and expressive moments and I really feel like there's such creative freedom when RPing with you! Feels a lot more like colaborative storytelling than just emoting at each other.

It might be a cop-out to say bard rp, and admittedly I don't have enough experience across the server to glean what other niches are actually being done or not... I think that player group I have simmering in the back roughly sums up the kind of stuff I'm missing/want more on - travelling troupe, highly collaborative and detail-oriented processes/progression, abstract exploration and expression, toss in some puzzle stuff, wacky and funky and all that. It's a niche within a niche, and it would demand an attention and dedication from participants that from an already reduced pool might just be too much to ask for. I hold out hope though that there are those out there with similar sorts of sporadic energy levels as I - especially because you know what I want to come next :^)

1 hour ago, tgrt said:

The caravan is heading straight into a volcano if you don't SHUSH and I'LL DO THE AMPHI SOMETIME NEXT WEEK OKAY.

At least Av can visit nondescript volcanoes (also GOOD)

On 9/30/2022 at 5:15 PM, tgrt said:

Your favorite character? Your biggest roleplay regret? Your unresolved childhood trauma??? Anything that comes to mind you come TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT. I WANNA HEAR IT you BEAUTIFUL PERSON

my fav character is remon because the  uh teiaht athae hy compel x hcaracter

i regret wasting zacharias caldingan bneun aeruinginae roznain ar p

my unresolved childhood truama iqe thaet itmea with thea cat? easo  cat wattack fE ahtne then skraica 

also lotc

but i has question for OYU1! what oda you wan tm aost for ayoua character?

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

12 hours ago, Hyperdron said:

It might be a cop-out to say bard rp, and admittedly I don't have enough experience across the server to glean what other niches are actually being done or not... I think that player group I have simmering in the back roughly sums up the kind of stuff I'm missing/want more on - travelling troupe, highly collaborative and detail-oriented processes/progression, abstract exploration and expression, toss in some puzzle stuff, wacky and funky and all that. It's a niche within a niche, and it would demand an attention and dedication from participants that from an already reduced pool might just be too much to ask for. I hold out hope though that there are those out there with similar sorts of sporadic energy levels as I - especially because you know what I want to come next :^)

At least Av can visit nondescript volcanoes (also GOOD)

If there's one thing I know from lotc is that we always spend way too much time thinking of what could be, when actually going out and doing it goes a lot differently from what we had in our heads. So hey, maybe just starting with small explorations, subtle puzzles and funky stuff on a smaller scale can ease you into feeling things out?

Dunno though, it sounds like I'm just telling you to be the change you want to see in the world at this point. Also I do know and I really hope what comes next develops nicely :D

11 hours ago, satinkira said:

my fav character is remon because the  uh teiaht athae hy compel x hcaracter

i regret wasting zacharias caldingan bneun aeruinginae roznain ar p

my unresolved childhood truama iqe thaet itmea with thea cat? easo  cat wattack fE ahtne then skraica 

also lotc

but i has question for OYU1! what oda you wan tm aost for ayoua character?

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

Firstly, I'll have what you're having. Even if what it looks like you're having is a stroke.

Secondly thank you for the cat content. That cottonball is BEAUTIFUL.

And third I think I have some time to answer your question before whatever memetic agent you inserted into that text reaches my subconsciousness and I awake as a @JARVISPOSTINGsleeper agent or something- I always just want a good story for my characters. Literally doesn't matter what comes. In fact Inny could die tomorrow and if the roleplay tells a nice tale and if ending things feels right then things just end.

I played my last character for like 600 days and they always believed in endings and sought to see what'd kill them. He burned his tavern, never wrote down the songs he created and tempted death countless times, but never once actually died. It really clicked when out of all things to PK them, simply old age in a snowstorm would fit so well. The narrative power of Jarvis, comment on this dude's AMA post. Talk about pumpkin pies. Wait 24 hours. Post again with incoherrent keyboard mashing which weirdly looks to half make sense. Wait for the rep farm to begin.

8iWUCdM.gif

On 10/1/2022 at 7:37 AM, tgrt said:

Also all about that whole thing is as wonderful as it is unbeliavable. You REALLY need to get someone to write your character's biography IRP. I certainly know of an interested Bard College...

🤔 Might just have to happen!