The Death of Fili Grandaxe

Cpt_Noobman

Another old dwed weeps at the news of his kin's passing.
"Ye were with us since tha beginnin' Ye trained meh an' Heus along wit' Fimlin...Ye were the onleh un's that didnae care dat ah wos ah bit dumber an' slowah than tha othah dwed...actualleh ah tink ye were part ov' tha' reason ah became loike dis..." he scratched his beard "Buh ah will still miss ye...even tho weh have nae seen each othah in ages...ah will hold ye dear to mi heart, ye will nae beh forgotten" With that Dozor decides to venture out of his hole, to explore more of this new land, though with a heavy heart at his family members passing.

Fimlin would sit by his brother during his final days, what was said and done then is a topic for another day.

At the funeral of his brother Fimlin gave the following speech transcribed here:

“There is no version of this life or any other where Fili is not. Many may have seen our relationship as brothers as close, truth is it is much more complicated than that. We never talked much about this, and we never had to. We would disagree and argue sometimes, actually the truth is, we almost never agree on anything completely. 

But there was never a question; we always worked on the same side, backed each other up and stayed present, neither of us ever walked any of the worlds we’ve traveled completely alone. 

We have built almost everything together, or with input from each other. Every time either of us held a position in politics we’ve made moves together. And we’ve traded hands leading the Grandaxe clan for most of its life span as it stands now. 

We are Legionnaires, we never held a home for very long. All lands have always been strange and unfamiliar. Now, through all the empty and desolate lands we have traveled I have never felt this unfounding loneliness that claims me now. 

-={}=-

As brothers, we have learned much from each other. I know many of you have read his final writing, and I wish to expound upon its significance. 

It is true, what he’s said, when one asks the deeds of Fili, it is hard to recount much in the format of what we consider glory. But as curious as it is, that answer would be incredibly lacking. Because Fili’s deeds were the same as our own the entire time, present and stubborn. 

The humility in Fili’s life has greatly overshadowed mine own. No matter how much I forced myself to water down my own pride, to shrug off the golden rays of glory it has been a devious facade compared to the lifelong wille of Fili to continue on thanklessly. 

It is common, especially now, to not know the name of the dwed who built your home, the one who smithed your armor. But for politics? For longer than many who live now’s own lifespans? Such a character is unheard of outside of Fili. 

And that is important too, for I know I’ve had to fight mine greed in politics, and I can attest that Fili’s lack thereof has stabilized our people many times. For always there was this dwed, selfless and willing to get the job done and keep our people intact.

-={}=-

So, the lesson then is to never forget that we are all brothers, and through struggle and turmoil we must never do any less than work to preserve each other, even if you engrave none of what you leave behind.”