A FOND FAREWELL [pk and goodbye]

livrose

Bishop Maya, the youngest of Queen Emma, held onto her mothers lifeless body until her brother and guards stripped her away from the chilling corpse. She had not only been almost the last to speak to her father, but had given the last rites to her mother. It filled her with a warm sadness that kept her locked away for months. 

Amadea stood motionless for some time as the room silenced around Emma. The home, which had been overly lively and full of love not an hour prior, now feeling like an echo chamber. Every drip of water, every creak of the floors, the minuscule noises amplified more than they had ever been. The only break of the silence offered by the sobs of the late Queen's daughter echoing through the hall.

Some time passed, the room thinning until only Amadea and her husband remained.

"We love you."

She offered in finality to Emma, holding onto her cold body some time, offering her only a sliver of the warmth the Queen Mother provided through her years.

--

Anastasya offered Emma the largest piece of walnut-covered carrot cake possibly imaginable as the Queen Mother was greeted by those who outran her on the race to the seven-skies.

"I have been saving this, just for vy my dear sestra. Even cooked it myself"

Petra Emma welcomed Emma into the Seven Skies, standing beside Anastasya, Sigismund, and all the other Haeseni that awaited her arrival.

"Welcome home, dear sister of mine. Vy have been missed - oh, and vy brought Herman with vy!"

Isabel stood over Emma's shoulder, a hand gently resting there as Emma passed so that she knew, in her final moments she was not alone, but surrounded by her loving family.

Karl Sigmar stood motionless by his wife at the table where his mother's lifeless body now sat in a slumber so deep. She seemed peaceful, the small twang of a smile upon her lips, surrounded by her friends and family. A small crab sat upon her life, one old crustacean happy to have been a companion that was spoilt without equal. It had been a life that was worth living, a life full of joy despite great duties.

His father had been a giant, but his mother had often been the one that cared and smothered him with love. From fixing his hair to feeding him her horrible dishes, she had been with him through it all in her motherly nature. So many memories, happy and sometimes sad from the time of his youth, many featured his mother or his mother's advice. 

As he returned then to the dining room, he moved forward to place his mother in a final embrace. The warmth of her frail shell still emanating as she remained in her slumber. "Goodbye, Mamej." He pulled his mother a little closer then, the boy inside growing still ever fainter.

Elia Eryka thought of the final conversation she held with the woman, toying with a ruby necklace wrought about her neck. Wordlessly she approached the window of her bedroom and watched below as the floor became laden with snow, providing only a warm smile. "Long live the Koenas." She muttered, inhaling sharply with a few tears sparking to the brim of her eyes. Lady Blue, she had thought. A woman who she would idolize, a woman who she would recall and aspire to be like. 

Edited by DahStalker

A crippled man rested in his bed, his breath shaky and unsteady. He watched the ceiling with a glossy stare as the opened letter laid within his tired, aged hands. The Queen had always supported him- from there very first time he walked into Karosgrad, to his first Aldermanship, to his marriage to an Orenian Noble during the war, and more. Now, it was her who had finally sought the comfort of her place in the seven skies, finally. Iulius Vernhart cried then, not ensaddened by the fact she had now passed, but for the joy that she would get to see all those who she had loved finally. "I shall join you all soon, I am sure of it." The Firr then closed his eyes and laid the note to the side.

Renata Adelina, stowed away in a distant tavern, utters a heartfelt prayer for the late queen and her family. She would never forget the kindness the woman had shown her as a lost child or as a young woman when that forgotten crown had been fixed heavily upon her head.

"I'm sorry I never took you up on that offer to have tea. Thank you for all your kindness, Your Majesty."

Katerina turned to the altar of the church as she knelt down into a prayer. When the tears started she was not certain of, but they were there as she thought of Emma. The woman who had made her feel welcomed back into the family alongside Sigismund after the pain her brother caused her. A shining light in the kingdom that had ushered forth new rights for the women. And now? Gone. How cruel fate was to give Emma such a painful death, when she had been deserving of peace and quiet instead. A sigh escaped her mouth as she wiped away the tears, opening her eyes and mouth to finally break the silence in the grand halls. 

"Take care of her, Godani. She did much for us while she lived." 

Spoiler

Marius Audemar roamed quieter halls that sorrowful-eve.

"Kindness and empathy to others comes more powerful than the wit of Kings or power of violence," The Prince continued on up the grandiose steps, dreading every step.

"As it is much better to command with the former qualities and respect than it is to command with rulings or force." The doors to his room creaked and he further crawled into the depths and confines of his quarters, taking up a spot before of his hearth.

"It is to connect with people's hearts, to connect in the first place- that is the most powerful thing I have encountered in my life." He concluded, finally mustering out the final words he could remember from the late Queen-Mother. These words he continued to repeat to himself over and over- and once more just for safe measure. He sought a leather-binded book from his many walls and scribed these words down for good keeping, to reflect upon in the future in whatever endeavors he may find himself on. All in all, he remembered the kindness and joy that she reflect.

"Rest well, hauchmamej, your impact will forever be felt upon many."

Spoiler

Thank you for all the rp Liv and it was awesome getting to know you. Thank you for being so welcoming when I brought Madeline into Haense. It meant the whole world to me and brought me into Haense for the long run. Good luck with school and I wish you the best. 

The heavens shone a little brighter and the world became a littler darker.

Matviy Kortrevich looked to the snow that began to fall over Jerovitz, pausing to let a flake fall into his gloved palm. "Spathiba, Aedymamej..." He whispered, "Because of eam, mea heart am a little more kinder. In a taunting forest, vy were a friendly beacon."  Somehow that day he knew it was the last time he would see her. 

They always did feel their best just before death. 

Klara Elizaveta knelt in the small cottage she shared with her family, the Lorraine cross given to her by her parents in her hands, and her forehead pressed to the floor. "We'll be fine..." She rasped into the silence, locks of greying hair falling to cover her tears. 

"Ea will be fine..." The last word left her in a choked sob as the gold of the Lorraine cut into her hands. She'd promised. She had promised her mother that they'd be fine. 

But it wasn't fine. It would not be fine for a very long time.

Eleanora Amador chuckled softly as she drew Emma into a gentle hug. "Ea have missed vy, mea dear friend."

The Aged Vanir Woman sat on the side of her bed, a single tear falling down the wrinkled cheek. She had outlived Eleanora, Petra, and now her beloved cousin, Emma. Margot couldn’t help but wonder when it would be her turn when her candle would blow out, and she’d fly to the heavens amongst her family. She had stood aside Emma and watched her children grow into strong, and capable Princes and Princess… Now realizing that almost everyone she ever knew, had passed. It filled the little old lady with sadness, a great sadness that would haunt her for the rest of her days.