Hearsay of Hanseti-Ruska - XVI

“THE SEASON BEGINS - ROZIK I VE KORTZ”

The fifth liftstala season continues.

L1Tb6gL8ImYfB8L2bL8cL6iG1KxCXnKCUKzsl6D32Vz1QYsY3jEgZOrjFRG2GfIgwde1BM1iBMSgbdvMyQCU-xE3bWJercOHBWQasJXPvVEt_BuMSktj_JP_fAYAm6vdXPe6pnYhWRpjSmuQ5A

The Hearsay of Hanseti-Ruska

Edition XVI

Tov ag Yermey, 445 ES

With the fifth lifstala season well underway, my doves have been hard at work with reporting every hushed conversation amongst the courts, whispering in my ear of the ongoing pairings for this years era of love and devotion. Continue on, dear reader, and feast your eyes upon the scandals of the year.

THE MORRIVI ROSES 

~

With the season of love having started but a few months ago, we have already been graced with a number of topics to discuss. One of the most prevalent, in my most humble opinion, is of the Ruskan Rose. For those unfamiliar with this tradition, the rose is chosen from the hundreds of debutantes that take part in the presentations, and is selected by the queen and her council. In the Ruskan Rose, they seek particular qualities, such as her demeanor, clothing, and how she presented herself before the court. 

A stuttering, lisping mess would not be crowned the rose, for the women of our courts must hold themselves with dignity and composure. I was most surprised by the selection of women called forth by the crown as, in truth, most if not all of them failed to impress me. 

MISHCA LESANOV-FALCONE;

Lady Mischa Lesanov was crowned the Ruskan Rose, and the apple of Prince Nikolas’ eye. This author predicts the two will eventually be conjoined in the tradition of courtship, having known each other for many, many years. While Manon de Falstaff is doing her best to tear the two apart, Lady Mischa and Prince Nikolas shared a dance soon after she was crowned the most eligible bachelorette of the season.

She answered the questions of the crown with enviable eloquence, her gowns tailored to flatter her form, and stitched in traditional Raev design. 

ADA COLBORN;

Lady Ada Colborn, the heiress to Bethlenen, confidently strolled down the crimson carpets of the prikaz adorned in armor. Her attire, in my opinion, was both extremely brazen and completely boring. One would have thought that if she were to take the unconventional route of presenting in plate, that she would perhaps then do something rather extraordinary with her hair, or her makeup, or her mannerisms. Is her greatest accomplishment simply the fact she’s different from the rest of the women in the court?

Where is her drive? Her passion? Her ability to command the attention of all in the same room as her? I simply wish that she would have demanded more excitement from the courts, as there were surely a number of ways she could further impress the crown and secure the title of Ruskan Rose. Perhaps she was not chosen because while the Queen and her council were deliberating, she was amongst the stands causing havoc, stirring up disruption amongst the courts and aptly placing unfair blame onto Her Royal Majesty for disallowing a latecomer to debut. 

FRANZISKA VAS RUTHERN;

Lady Franziska vas Ruthern has been absent from court for many, many years, and has only made her return following the death of her mother. She’s a dark horse, that is for certain, and little is known of her - besides the fact she encourages the bad habits of the Princess Royal, and appears to share her inclination towards a private party in the powder rooms of the prikaz. Not just five saints days ago she was spotted deliberately falling during a dance with the young acolyte, Iosif Basrid. One must wonder, is she simply a creature of incoordination, or did she want to be held by the dashing young gentleman known for being good with his hands. 

Before the season began, Lady Franziska made her grand entrance into the social circles of the court by debuting in the Reinmar joust. She unhorsed almost every opponent, riding with speed, strength, and utmost accuracy. Unfortunately, whatever beginner’s luck she had managed to accrue soon wore thin, and she was thrown from her steed by the Grand Prince of Kusoraev, who then began to pay her particular attention. Is she a lady of the courts, or is she a man in dames clothing?

THE DOXY OF GUISE

~

To be a woman of unlanded nobility is an unfortunate position to be in, especially an unlanded noble of a foriegn nation to the one you house yourself in. Manon de Falstaff, ‘The Doxy of Guise’, is one such woman. For many years I have observed the air of desperation that has clung to her like a shadow of contempt, eating away at every word, every gesture, and every smile she offers. Relentlessly, she has pursued Prince Nikolas, stating multiple times in childhood how she wishes to wed him, how she desires to be princess-consort, and when confronted with these accusations - she crosses her arms and with a huff, states her most closest confidants are liars!

My doves are ever observant, however, and have recently heard of a conversation in the halls of the Prikaz between our very own Princess Royal, and the Ruskan Rose, Lady Mischa Lesanov. Lady Mischa crossly confided in the Princess Royal how Manon had told her she held no romantic feelings for Prince Nikolas, only to then, days later (conveniently after Prince Nikolas had begun to show an interest in the rose of the season) admit to her that she was still vying for the title of consort. 

Her efforts don’t end there, with Manon having turned her attention to her second choice, Duke Valdemar Baruch. She has truly no shame, and it saddens this author to see two titled men of the peerage fawned over so obsessively by a woman with little other to offer them than some very strange looking children, because surely, there is very little substance to her character bar the fact she is ‘not like other women’. It is exhausting to keep up with, her thoughts and feelings are as fickle as the weather. Duke Valdemar must feel so humiliated for having been played such a fool by the de Falstaff madam, he wasn’t and still isn’t even her first choice! 

THE DOGS OF DRUZSTRA

~

A source that is remaining anonymous has graced the writer with a most compelling and conflicting story reflecting a certain Ruthern. Aleksandr vas Ruthern, noted as a favored and vigorously admired member of Haense society. Perhaps popularity is not everything, seeing as it has only landed him in a most ponderous position on behalf of my dove’s astute nature. One should watch how they carry themselves in the air of the public and the courts, for the writer is always there spontaneously watching. 

Our very own Princess Royal and Aleksandr vas Ruthern, whomst we all thought were such an enderating and loveable pairing, are coming to blows regarding the nature of the male Ruthern. Perhaps it runs in the family and he is his father’s son! To start off on this section, he has become unnervingly close to that of another Princess, Octavia Helen. During her debut at the start of the season, he was seen gazing longingly at her as she waltzed down the carpets of the halls. Feasibly, one could play this off as just a severe admiration of her garbs and aura, but his so-called ‘admiration’ did not cease there. Octavia Helen was given her own private quarters in the keep of Vidaus, multiple sources telling the writer that Aleksandr vas Ruthern was the culprit behind her move to the keep. Does Aleksandr need an eye test as briskly as possible? Or perhaps he is accustomed to the rank of a Princess within his company and cannot tell the two apart. 

Not even a few saint’s day later, Aleksandr was seen with yet another woman. How surprising… This time the Doxy of Guise! As if his standards could plummet even further into the soil. On this special occasion of his, it was in the form of a house call. It is said by a source that they spent a considerable amount of time with each other, smiling and laughing contentedly as they did so. 

The Princess Royal, Analiesa Josefina, finally confronted him about these disgusting arrangements and actions. It is known that Her Highness felt a severe feeling of disheartenment and shame towards Aleksandr vas Ruthern, and even went as far as to accuse him of cheating and passing attention to other women! The writer feels as though the Ruthern should be ashamed of himself, and that it will take many weeks or perhaps months to earn the trust of the Princess once more. 

A CITY OF WHITE

~

It has become apparent from multiple, reliable sources that the streets of Karosgrad are seemingly covered in snow these past few weeks, and the Princess Royal has taken an unusual liking to its white nature. Frequently spotted at social gatherings disappearing in command with her handmaidens to powder her nose, returning somewhat perplexed and wide eyed. Is our beloved Princess starting to become out of control with her latest ascension to the duty of Princess Royal, and are its tedious hours and details becoming too overwhelming? 

No one seemed to stand up to Her Serene Highness within a recent turmoil of behavior - she has converted towards a demeanor of severe negativity. One defied this at the second part of the debuts, and all of the court was present to witness this controversial spectacle. Anne Marie Novellen-Kaphro made her shameful debut towards the throne room, sporting a dress with a split so high that many could see abstract limbs on display. In the presence of children!

Nonetheless, the Novellen proves to bring disgrace on an already unfavorable house, as if such could dive any further into the ground. Our very own unmanageable Princess Royal observed this as a challenge, spewing a shrewd comment about the lewdness of her attire. With no thought behind the Novellen’s words, she was rapid to speak her own thoughts, to which Analiesa simply responded with a prominent line. “Some art is cheaper than others.”  Such fierce intent from our very own. One would think the Novellen would be silenced. Anne Marie did not adhere, and their bickering continued droning onwards. 

The bottom line of this category is that the Princess Royal is not one that is easily tamed or challenged - and this series of events proves just how unhinged she has become in the last few weeks. As the people, we are concerned for her. May the wellbeing of Her Highness begin to take a turn in the positive direction, and long live the crown. 

THE DEBUT THAT NEVER WAS 

~

To debut before the crown is the biggest day of a young lady's life, and for Emelie de Falstaff, this is no exception. Having lived in our courts for many years as a refugee alongside her sisters, Emelie is a brazen little mare, with the resilience of a brick wall. She must possess a grandiose sense of self-importance to so casually dismiss the arrangements made for her by the Queen and her council, forgoing her allotted time slot on the first day of presentations to instead go gallivanting around the countryside in search of curiosities and forgotten knick-knacks. 

After having purposefully evaded her only opportunity to debut in the opening of Lifstala, Lady Emelie then stormed into the courts on the second day of presentations, disrupting the Queen's attempt to deliberate with her council upon the Ruskan Rose. She demanded their time, and that they cease in their hopes of leaving the dais, performing lackluster tricks of changing colors in order to grasp as much attention as humanly possible. Such was very clearly her attempt to circumvent the prior decision given to her by the Queen, one stating that if she were not to attend her specified date of debut, she would not be allowed to step before the courts whatsoever, a fact that was reiterated by the Princess Royal, and one interrupted by the incessant squawking of Elia Colborn. 

With the Colborn’s interjection and plea, the courts were aroused with a fiery countenance never seen before. The Mistress of the Robes herself stoked the flames, alongside Lady Ada Colborn, and Lady Elia Colborn (who, for some reason unknown to me, dramatically stormed from the throne room in floods of tears). In the end, this tactless interruption of the season's arguably most important event, was for the pointless presentation of a kokoshnik. 

Our Lady Emelie de Falstaff needs a lesson in timing. 

MISTRESS OF DISMISSAL

~

To be a mistress of the wardrobe and go out with a shameful dismissal is a rather embarrassing end for our very own Nikoleta Baruch, who has been a member of the Queen’s council for a favorable number of years. Her achievements were vast within the world of the wardrobe, producing an increased amount of modas for the Morrivi Prikaz courts which have influenced fashion today. Some may hypothesize that her strict rules around certain donning of particular items are over the top and unnecessary, much like her behavior in front of the entire courts. 

Nikoleta Baruch took it upon herself to go against the final word of our beloved Queen several times in the case of Emelie’s deny of debut. One would already think such an act of revolting etiquette is disgusting, but her efforts definitely did not cease there. Oh no. The writer had to take a few minutes to digest the length of Nikoleta Baruch’s vile comments towards the Queen and the instigation of young minds against the Crown and court. Multiple atrocious phrases left the woman’s mouth during this incited riot. 

“They are treating you ladies like dullards!” “This is unacceptable!” “Is this how you treat your people?”

Among an array of other comments thrown within the crowds on that eventful day, these are the ones that stand out to the writer. One would think after a lifetime of popularly described as boring fashion rules and etiquette, our once very own Nikoleta Baruch would act with some more decorum about herself. Her actions did not transpire on for much longer as she was silenced by the Duke of Vidaus, where he firmly stated that she was fired from her duties and no longer a member of the courts. Rightfully so, as in these courts, actions do have consequences.

Was this an act of desperation on behalf of the Duke? Perhaps he was frightful of the judgment being thrown around the courtroom before it trickled towards himself. Being in a strange spot at this moment in time, the Duke should tread rather carefully in his next moves. The writer believes this was a calculated move, yet a sneaky and self-centered one at that. 

THE SEASONS PAIRINGS

~

With the lifstala season steadily ongoing, this author has become something of a betting woman. With my doves, I observe, and with my observations - I come to conclusions. Written below are my most esteemed pairings for the fifth lifstala season, those who have made themselves so clearly known to my ever-watching eye, that is. 

ANALIESA BARBANOV-BIHAR AND ALEKSANDR VAR RUTHERN;

The Princess Royal and Baron of Rostig have been entwined together for some years now, and seem to either love or completely despise each other! It has been absolutely tiresome to keep up with, and I am a woman that has eyes and ears everywhere, constantly reporting to be the ongoings of this court. This couple, however, is one I simply cannot keep up with. They are hot, and then cold, up and then down - it sends my head on a swivel. 

Recent words reach my ears, however, detailing the fact that the Princess and Lord have been denied permission to court by their Royal Majesties. One can only desire to have been a fly on the wall during the tense discussions between the Baron and the King, as the political tension between House Ruthern and the Crown has been more than apparent to any onlooking eye. One would have thought the King would have wished to bridge the gap between their two houses, not further cause it to deepen.

FRANZISKA VAS RUTHERN AND VALDEMAR BARUCH;

Lady Franziska and His Grace, the Duke Valdemar, are a recent addition to my list, but one of my most favorite couples. Nudged together by the Princess Royal herself, these two have swiftly become a notable pairing around the courts of the Morivvi Prikaz, constantly embroiled in hushed conversations and sly smiles sent across the ballroom floor. The Duke has been relentlessly pursued by multiple women throughout his life, such as the twin sisters Ophelie and Manon de Falstaff, and drowned in the sea of debutantes this season. 

The pair have been known to enjoy walks around the palace gardens, hunting alongside the Princess Royal and her associates, and - if my doves are correct, the Duke has even invited Lady Franziska to join him on a private sea voyage! How romantic, that he is opening up to her with one of his greatest passions; seafaring.

NIKOLAS BARBANOV-BIHAR AND MISCHA LESANOV-FALCONE;

Prince Nikolas and Lady Mischa have been a close pairing ever since childhood, tactfully avoiding the constant interference of Lady Manon. They have bonded over their love for the curiosities, and their adventurous spirits, two qualities which have led them to one another over and over again. 

The Prince has shown an express interest in the Ruskan Rose ever since her appointment before the courts, asking her for her first and last dance at almost every occasion. My informants have also told me how the two have had multiple house calls, and exchanged extravagant gifts in order to display their affections. 

THE OTISTADT SNAKE

~

Surprisingly, for once, the Ludovar family has once again been a popular topic in Karosgrad. Certainly not for any accomplishments, that’s undeniable, but rather a string of circumstances that reflect poorly on the current Countess of Otistadt, wherever the dullard may be. Word of the infamous dinner between the Ludovar and Ruthern family quickly spread throughout Haense, detailing a strange affliction that had taken hold of the ducal pairing and their children, one such disease that seemed to act swiftly and without mercy. 

This author finds it most curious, how the Countess (who is known for her prevalent dislike of the Ruthern family, particularly Angelika vas Ruthern) visited the keep Druzstra, and then shortly after her departure… well, I shudder to put into words the details of their affliction - some of which our courtiers had the misfortune of witnessing at a session of the King’s royal court. It was a miserable sight to see, the young flaxen-haired bastards of Vidaus frothing at the mouth, collapsing to the floor from the stands - blood pooling at the bottom of their skull after a frightful fall. 

Even after this display of utter ill-health, word has reached this author's ears of a particular rumor - one started by the Otistadt snake herself. The countess so confidently has accused (among her private circles) that it was instead the Ruthern brood who had attempted to poison her, having somehow slipped a concoction of sorts into her meal, only to suffer the brunt of the consequences themselves. I had thought I had heard everything after my years of writing this publication, dear reader, but that is perhaps the most ridiculous and unintelligent accusation I have had the displeasure of penning. 

The Countess struggles to even keep her mutt of a husband on a leash (though, who can blame him, truly? A plain loaf of bread could offer more interesting conversation than Adele Ludovar), so do tell me, how is it we are to expect her to successfully hold the aulic position of High Justicar? How is it, when her husband has broken the law of fornication, that he has not yet been prosecuted? (Penance from the church is not enough. He has broken a law of Haense, and if the King expects her to prosecute the Duke Mikhail, then she is certainly expected to serve those same charges to her husband.) Why, tell me, is it that she is instead once again channeling all of the fury from her pathetic excuse of a marriage into destroying the Ruthern family? The only reason she swallowed her pride and went through with her marriage to Matyas Barbanov-Bihar is because she came to the sorry conclusion that, well… - nobody else would have her.

I propose a slightly varied theory as to the events that occurred that fateful evening in Druzstra, and that is that Adele Ludovar finally decided to remove a thorn from her side - Angelika vas Ruthern, the constant reminder that she is a failure, and unwanted, and undesirable. This author speculates that it was instead the Countess Ludovar who attempted to poison the Vixen of Karosgrad, only to be left sorely disappointed when the hexeress was not in attendance. Not only did she potentially plan to murder the hexeress in this private setting, but now with the excuse of ‘returning moral integrity’ to our nation, she has discussed executing her - stating such plainly to the Duchess of Vidaus.

For shame, Adele. For shame. It seems you will go to any lengths to enact your revenge, even going so far as to abuse your station as High Justicar to do so. Do excuse my tardiness in writing about such a topic, as with the lifstala season, I have been preparing my doves to report every whisper, every lustful glance, and every unchaperoned visit. 

Since this topic had been broached in Haense, our king personally intervened, accepting the Duke of Vidaus’ penance and refuting all attempts to charge him. 

Be wary, dear reader, my eyes and ears are everywhere. Until next time.

Edited by HearsayofHansetiRuska

One Ophelie de Falstaff donned a scowl upon reading the missive, her pallid features contorting with disgust. "The so-called Ladies of this nation are just as rotten as I left them. One would have hoped the years had made nuns of them, and yet..." To whom the Ashford spoke was as much a mystery as any, but she continued nevertheless to carry on. "This sort of vile drivel drags humanity further from God's light each day."

The fire in Manon's bedroom burns brighter with each shred of inked paper she feeds it.

[!] Emelie rose a brow "Well, if thats how they wish to see it." she shrugged "THAT KOKSHINIK WAS ALL BUT POINTLESS." she then yelled reading the last bit "Oh wait, im a brazen little mare, with the resilience of a brick wall.." she gasped once more "OH NONA, they said something nice about me..!"  

6 minutes ago, HearsayofHansetiRuska said:

MISTRESS OF DISMISSAL

From the seven skies, Nikoleta was enjoying a glass of wine to only spit it up on Andrik "Why are they talking ill of the DEAD?"

"For a missive that claims they take careful watch, the Hearsay writer is pretty blind." Sebastien said as he stood. 

The Colborn heir frowned as she read the missive, recovering from a recent attack. ".. I wore my family's armor. Honoring my farfadir's work, I was trying to carry his legacy..." she mumbled softly, shaking her head. "I'm a knight, nejt a lady. Hell, I even fought in the Krusev woods, slaying the undead the night before. Nonsense people, I swear. Maybe they should try defending their own nation once and awhile then write stupid nonsense." Ada threw the missive over her shoulder, "Causing havoc? Nonsense. It was injustice!"

Analiesa is unable to read the missive, as she is slumped on her desk - fast asleep . . . 

Surrounding her, are lines of white powder, left momentarily untouched. Her grandmother's death had effected her quite badly.

The Nature's Dame of Lurin offers a very snooty look at the missive, a grin crossing her face "How unfortunate, they all seem to be desperate and unbecoming." She snickers at the new word she had learnt "Ea can't wait to see more fights." She then lets out a wicked laugh, leaving for Haense swiftly.

Sylvie Esmerie, The youngest child and daughter of Conrad De Falstaff, read over the Hearsay handed to her in the streets of Sedan.. She walked around the dirt roads anxiously, the grip on the paper tightening 

"No no no no no no no! EUGH!"  The loud and frustrated squeal came from the dramatic mess of a girl, her usually tidy hair coming undone as she pulled at it with a free hand "First we lose our home and now we lose our self-respect! Damn you Manon, Damn you Emelie- AHHHHHH" Esmerie was not involved in the lives of her older sister, nobody could ever really guess why, but as the done-up woman tore the paper with her teeth in a fit of psychotic rage then perhaps one might have a clue. 

12 minutes ago, dove said:

The Colborn heir frowned as she read the missive, recovering from a recent attack. ".. I worn my family's armor. Honoring my farfadir's work, I was trying to carry his legacy..." she mumbled softly, shaking her head. "I'm a knight, nejt a lady. Hell, I even fought in the Krusev woods, slaying the undead the night before. Nonsense people, I swear. Maybe they should try defending their own nation once and awhile then write stupid nonsense." Ada threw the missive over her shoulder, "Causing havoc? Nonsense. It was injustice!"

Elia Eryka Colborn snorted as she gawked at the missive beside her relative. "When those in charge of the courts are nejt remember fondly for their cruelty and incompetence, I will feel nejt an ounce of pity for them. It seems like few cannot take a clue when the - as they stated - majority of their courts seem devastatingly appalled and upset." She said in the privacy of her home, petting the hide of her goat. "At least I have the courage to speak out against something that I and others view as improper and wrong. Unlike this mysterious writer who hides behind closed doors with their tail between their legs."

"A man in dames clothing?" Quearied the Ruthern, saged canvases looming closer and closer to the missive as the section dragged further onwards. The facial structure of Franziska seemed to transform to one of a more stern matter, two thin lines adorning the top of her forehead. As she passed a mirror, the juvenile came to an instantaneous halt. "Ea do niet look like a man in dames clothing..." Confirmed she, albeit the nature of her amour suggested otherwise!

Spoiler

I do not own ANY of the artwork.

b0tUNGggZf4TP1Q6LGGcB4wx2Nww2VpGFXdWMesdbLYrC4zwjmOW1E7Dqj-bUjRnhhi6zgItBsPb-ccARFX96Qh0vkV0kPNVPywLV63gUaMis4JD_9ozJNjADDozWXwa61cdI39nEecbOhoR3yF8xS4_wMf3kcf3gtZcwdEFfL1qsF3vOfK5QRYotg

“Nikolas. . Nikolas!

A voice called from the foot of a keep, approaching with heaving steps.

The young woman staggered up the steps to the kitchen, waving the missive in the air as if it was caught on flames. Now standing beside the prince, she tossed a foot forth; a kick to the chest!

Nikolas — wake up!

“They wrote about us. . in the paper!”

Mischa pressed the missive against the man’s olive features with a squeal.
“Look!”

The sleeping Nikolas sputtered out as Mischa forwarded a missive into his face, clashing with the bridge of his hooked nose. His eyes were bloodshot from the night before as he looked upon her face, disorientated.

The makeshift pillow of a hearth’s firewood log roused a grunt of pain from him. Ponderously sitting up, he gave the hearsay a read, taking him retake after retake, due to the fog of his mind.

“The writing is bitter as always,” is all he muttered.

After, he found his makeshift log pillow on the kitchen floor and nodded back off to a peaceful sleep.

The Lady Justiciar blinks, getting completely blindsided by such a vicious attack in the Hearsay publication! "Ea did niething to House Ruthern. Ea feared that they had purposefully attempted to harm mea family - after all, Matyas fell ill soon after. But ea have since dismissed that - nie one has heard of this from me in years - !" Her brows furrow as she reads on, shaking her head. "Ea have decided to let mea biases against mea cousins go - it's what Aedymamej would have wanted. And shame on the Hearsay to berate a sick man-!" Her eyes soften in hurt for a moment, being truly innocent or misunderstood in all they accuse her of. "Furthermore, mea inclination to prosecute Duke Ruthern was at His Majesty's instruction, and it has since been put down. Only future offenders will be punished for such a crime."

She places the paper down for a moment, then pausing and chucking it into the fire - allowing the flames to lick and blacken the parchment. "This is cruel and unneeded."