There Will Always Be Something to Fight

ZxhYau1qxUwboNyOuy9WUHQfwEL2s9XaZRQlPnvZJJHCqXdrwWGX9o4EP8G8h80pN7xj2ZfGFoQZ55jy_2gaxsypD1Z9T31JIFUOCxGSVJndsJ2ewVWvAitkrqrkYmDqREPwGf8178pFfhNvDXtsJL_CqLaIMVE3UY2t-Z0DIHJgqGpfEHxtG3Nj-A

ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ ᛈᛖᚲᛖ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚾᛖᚢᛖᚱ ᚲᛟᛗᛖ ᛏᛟ ᛈᚨᛊᛊ

There Will Always Be Something to Fight

It was a sunny day and Baldwin was waddlin' out of the capital of Urguan towards the sunlight before he met eyes with his Grandfather Gror who stopped Baldwin in his tracks below the massive gates.

“Baldwin. The Time has come.”

“The Time?”

“Aye here take this.”

“Oh?”

Gror then proceeded to hand Baldwin his sword before Gror held out his warhammer.

“Now hit this hammer with it.”

Baldwin shrugged with Gror’s sword, hitting his hammer as instructed by Gror. With a loose grip Gror instantly dropped his Warhammer as the sword collided.

“Congratulations, you beat me in a duel and you are the new Clan Father of our clan.”

“Oh shit, that was easy.”

“Now I will need that sword back though.”

“Okay, fair trade.”

Baldwin handed Gror’s sword back but as Gror placed a hand on his weapon, Gror pulled it forward sending Baldwin forward a bit before Gror clasped one of his hands with Baldwin’s. The two looked at each other before both of them smiled. A sign that both of them have their backs in the end as Grandfather and Grandson…

Two Stone days later within the Ireheart Clan hall. Baldwin stands upon the bone throne covered with heads the Irehearts have collected throughout the years. He stood in front of all of his classmates as he smiled before giving out a speech. A speech that hopefully will be remembered for many years to come…

“It will be only a few more stone months from the anniversary of when I came back to the mountain and rejoined my kin.” He began,

“Back then I was only a Beardling, first getting the mother circle tree’s bark and then the long journey of obtaining the elf ears and orc hides.”

“I did those trials with some of you here which i'm happy to see till around, and those who are no longer with us will always be remembered.” 

Baldwin dipped his head with a few seconds of silence in remembrance of Balor, a dwed that had done his trials alongside Baldwin, a Dwed who helped scout with Baldwin, and a Dwed who had fought alongside Baldwin during a war that lasted too long.

“But during that time, yes. I began to make my mark during that war with Oren but I also started to notice flaws within our clan.”

“Flaws that either damaged our clan or shit within our clan that would have been beneficial if we used it.”

“Like what I just recently did with the Elder Meetings, Elder meetings have been a thing but only once have I ever seen one happen."

“The only purpose of the Elders at the time was only to advise the clan father, and nothing else. I changed that for the better.”

“But there was one other important thing…”

“I have noticed a drop in how many kin I see about.”

“There be nobody doing trials.”

“There be barley any Irehearts runnin around this realm that I have noticed.”

“We have not fought anyone or anything officially as a clan in ages, I don't mean diplomatically. I mean with ******* weapons.”

“We have so many dangers out there and evil to Vanquish yet the Irehearts remain dormant.”

“Our clan is based purely on the glory we have obtained in battle and we celebrate it with our traditions in the name of Dungrimm.”

“So let me tell you something.”

“There will always be something to fight.”

“And perhaps we will see a rise in our kin once again.”

“For during my lead as Clan Father of the Irehearts,”

“Not only will I make Ireheart Leadership prevalent as to avoid myself having all the power.”

“But I will make sure that the Irehearts will always be fighting, for our glory, for our honor, and for Dungrimm to choose us when we pass on.”

“Help me bring a golden age to the Irehearts and I will do my best to lead us there.” 

Baldwin concluded, dipping his head as the Clan Hall erupted in claps, cheers, and clinking drinks to the new Clan Father before Baldwin stepped down from the throne made of bones to meet his kin to celebrate.

A couple of stone hours later, Baldwin sits upon his grand chair at the end of a long table within a poorly lit room. The Ireheart Elders sit with Baldwin as some Honored Irehearts gather around the lengthy table.

Baldwin goes around the room, seeing if anyone had anything to present to the meeting. However, nobody at the meeting had anything to present, except for one…

Baldwin offered to change up the Axholm farms a little bit with a boring crop change which passed with zero disagreement but then Baldwin grinned and said,

“And now time for the juicy shit.”

Baldwin rose from his seat and approached the table, he unsheathed his enchanted daemonsteel warhammer and kept it by his side.

“I shall propose three motions.”

“First, The Darkspawn on Urguan land has been a bother for us for far too long… I say we kick em out.”

Baldwin went around the table and one by one, each elder placed their weapon onto the table before Baldwin did himself. Everyone then picked their weapons back up.

“Good, we are all in agreement. Second, A little birdie told me that Inferi has been surfacing around Haense. I say we help our allies.”

Baldwin yet again went around the table and one by one, each elder placed their weapon onto the table before Baldwin did himself. Everyone then picked their weapons back up again.

“Very good, now lastly, There is this huge strider near Axholm, I say we help them with whatever needed so that the fuckin strider fucks off elsewhere. I don't like how close it is to Axholm…”

Finally Baldwin went around the table for one final time and one by one, each elder placed their weapon onto the table before Baldwin did himself. Everyone then picked their weapons back up again for the last time…

Baldwin chuckles before raising his warhammer in the air and shouting,

“WE GO TO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!”

Baldwin reaches behind his back as he pulls out a horn as he blows into it.

[!] From the depths of the Elder Meeting room, a shouting Baldwin can be heard. "WEH GO TEH WAAAAAAAAAR!!!" followed by the sound of a horn signifying war.

PePLvwgV2wKKup4VoUSPIZvqM-JjhC23ctLl0xKknmCe9IAkzHyzeDFqz18BdOc6WvIijBsMmJsRKnCztg2c-0PhBVxQELAI_GNeMcZ9-k-4CxfRQegTS5J-aFJ-vI47ON1PquoXRU43OWNbrPnHzu5LtGYhU17NjUWwUGWTryvArJCRMMsPrwQ91A

ᛚᛖᛞᛖᚱᛊᚺᛁᛈ ᛒᚱᛁᛜᛊ ᛟᚱᛞᛖᚱ ᚨᛗᛁᛞᛊᛏ ᚦᛖ ᚲᚺᚨᛟᛊ

Spoiler

((OOC: Lmao. Look at me. I'm the captain now.

Ireheart_last_supper_with_names.thumb.jpg.094bc6d7da33e97034bb5524b59a3ead.jpg

Gror smiled as he set himself to work in the Grand Council chambers, peering down at Baldwin as he gathered their clansdwed in the square and shared with them stories of his adventures.

Ursus Grandaxe strokes his beard, nodding slowly "Congratulations" He said "Moig't need tu speak tu yah soon 'noug', see w'ot koind o' stoneh yah beh made ootta"