How long has it been? [PK]

bloomtiara

Spoiler

How long has it been?

- = ˚ = -

YK5s4kXl0WpJzqYXw4l9AMZ4u6qifbowPt6l5E_AEPUmiBMdN54J-0on-JEthh08niVRLI2aX5iSutX7siNbM1UBx80f1LGGxgYMaCbMnF66IFSLnACB6SVdmUBQEPyBbtnrXpULjlCTSJyBdmyCgIk1iGMkjLsNSFSDjxkClIs4TXPQraEpEieUvQ

- = . = -

What was it,

that started it all? 

The death of his twin, or his father, 

Or maybe the bruises run amok over him and his cousin’s knuckles, after beating one another senseless in the name of a fight for ‘fun’, before they’d even become adults?

Maybe the man, the one who took the place of the first, a father figure to teach him how to draw back a bow. He had skinny arms, not even able to draw the string back halfway; it was a whole foot taller after all.

An itch lingered in his mouth as he held back any semblance of words, grinding his teeth together. Before he knew it, his thin fist flew forward.  Lines of silver curled over the skin of his palms like webs.

A burst of light escaped his palms as his only eye shut tight, the thing’s gaze across from him glazing over. It drained away, that precious silver. Replaced with rot, the frame of his arm falling away with blackened marks engulfing it.

There were not many that he sat with, in quiet hours. Those he did, fell out of touch. His brother, sister, cousins and nieces and nephews.. It was good enough. 

Many silent nights he sat by himself, as well. Ticking away slowly at wooden carvings, or needles and thread stitching cloth through only candlelight.

Days went by where he didn’t even peer at the sun. Those that he did, were a call out to battle. Training with the bow, spars, every time completed with the finale of a bugle played from a tower’s top. A fight, an argument, even between one of his dearest. 

Few words of common were ever spoken, since then. A rare occasion, startling those who hadn’t heard before.

“Restrain him!”

A woman with an infant cradled close gazed upon the man. He was caught first by the legs, arms, wrapped up in a horrific beast’s grasp. Melded together into something most ungodly.

The being in command leapt over the counter, staring upon him. Legs kicking with the last speck of energy remaining in some desperate attempt to cling to the life he’d so sworn at. 

It was called away. 

And this time, 

“Halt - Bring the axe.”

Not a soul to help was around to hear. 

- = ˚ = -
ebte-ug7QswFlwsJkRi6eHT_MbuzZnAlEMn59iB3u5N_BM7wuy7zra9Br2P7kRcFaSGNolBr9idX07EyLARjzy4-sOK32uap6mQ9yRpa-7hFjb5Lrl34FCrl5UYTPR2D4_jv1N65BGAHItmGJL7UgsjXYS_QRNBtaSlBwpYeLfAGrD9AXMLTVtjevA

- = . = -

First, it was his dearest sister. The ache in his throat after the cries of his niece was worse than any other pain. Not the burns from a pit of flames, nor the gash in his shoulders that he had sustained.

Nothing was worse.

Even harder than her own daughter had cried, the lone man sobbed and wailed, for after all,

It was now only him remaining.

His leader, someone akin to a father that he worried for time and time again, had left to death’s door but a decade or two later.

His ribs ached, 

as following, was his dearest niece. She, unlike him, died before her time. Without a word, nor a sound.

How long had it been, since he’d seen his twin? His youngest sister, or the second, Iduna?

His nieces, his only nephew Calahan, his brother in law, Elias—Iduna’s husband. They all waited, too.

Further over the years, falling out of fights, out of friendships. A few, he’d see occasionally. His friend, helmeted and never to show his face, a kind one of the lot. Calahan, likewise. A young man, full of pride and confidence. His sister’s husband, his brother truly, final and foremost, forever a friend. They kept him standing, for quite some time.

The man’s skin grew paler, tighter over his bones. His limbs ached, heart throbbed, with a deep pain in his chest. He walked on, cane in hand. A bright smile was stark against his placid expression, in those final days. 

He hugged his brother tightly. One last time. 

Come visit me soon.

You’re my brother, after all.

- 

Eye to eye, they stared.

Auden was forced to kneel, his joints cracking under the weight of the monster holding him there. A bone or two snap as he slouches, ever unwavering. 

A smile crosses his face, as do tears. To wish his cousin a final goodbye,

and different muttered words to someone he wanted most.

"I'm sorry, maam."

and

his

head

rolled.

Blood soaked the floorboards, stark against a pale white shirt. 

A most vibrant color, his viridian eye was slid shut.

His body was left to rest upon soft grass, found by his brother, one and only.

A sapling of a tree curled around his rotting limb, and the ground saturated in a deep red.

Buried within his bag of things, so many precious items, laid a Will.

-

Spoiler

Last Will 

and Testament of

Auden Thien Sean Erin Josiah Owyn Oisin Seamus Kelly O'Rourke.

This is not to be read until after my demise at some point, and my death must be confirmed by my corpse before reading.

Again, this is not to be read at any point before time of death.

Next page is the will.

My valuables and other personal items are to be split between such persons: 

-Elias Leon, 

-Calahan Antonious O'Rourke, 

-Eloise O'Rourke,
-Everett O'Rourke

-Sadie O’Rourke, 

-Molly O'Rourke,

And my other family members and friends of which they know of.

The remaining items any of them do not wish to keep may be gifted to others outside of this list as well.

Feel free to spread them as you see fit otherwise.

They can be found within crooks of the library, the attic, and my given room.

If my corpse is to be found, I ask that my cane be placed on Iduna Anne O'Rourke’s grave.

My weapons may be split between Elias and Calahan, as they see fit. 

Elias gets first pick, other than the knife of which Calahan made.

I ask that the cats of Halstaig be taken care of in my absence, fed once in the morning, once in the evening. My instruments I leave aside the piano, to be used by any. Maybe even to play songs together, as I once did.

Now, for the silly old title of Mace Catcher. A joke it might be now, I hand this title off for Calahan to claim. My necklace may be gifted to mark the title.

Calahan, I ask that you also give my Bugle to Handil. A final goodbye present.

Elias, I beg you are able to steady yourself. You are stronger than you know, my brother. Be softer on yourself, and allow rest. It is more deserved than you know. Good luck, live much longer than I have, you’ve already got plenty of time under your belt. Use up the rest, don’t stop it short.

Eloise, I hope that you find whatever it is you are searching for, whatever purpose you may pick, be happy with your life. You've no need to stand on a podium, be what you wish to be. Do what you want to do. Though, make sure to look after your father for me. 

Sadie, I’m sorry I couldn’t come to more of your events. I wish I could’ve stood over your shoulder more often in comfort. You will do well at whatever you might take a try at. I swear on my life.

Calahan, I wish you luck in battle, both against beasts, people, and your own mind. I won't go down without a fight; whether it be an adversary, or my own body. Sleep for a while after this reading. Don’t be so hard on yourself, boy. And, drink a little less “spiked lemonade”. I will see you again, Nephew of mine.

Should this be read against my demands, I wish no one is informed, nor will it be spread until after my demise.

Burn my corpse, and let the smoke reach the sky.

Farewell, to you all.

So came the end of the useless man. One who cared only for his family, friends.
Some he couldn’t see, that one last time. 

-
How long has it been?

Iduna couldn't run fast enough as those golden gates creaked open to skies. Her dress bundled in her arms, screaming out his name; "Auden, Auden?!" She pushed past  all their anscestors and nearly leaped into her brothers arms, burrying into his shoulder, she weaped with tears of joy to be reunited after so long. ".. My dear brother,  I've missed you.

Edited by Itz_Cookie

"'Ope yer restin' in peace, Mistah Auden." Molly murmured to herself upon learning the news, from wherever she was now. Thereafter, she began preparing to return home -- for the first time in a very long while.

The Templar stood in the ruins of a land that was no more then hell on earth. He had made his way there after hearing the news of his Uncle's death. Informed by his cousin whom had witnessed it. For the first time in years he had wept.

A
Holy-Knight he was, not often offering emotion that showed weakness. The loss of Auden, a man akin to his father, this pain ripped at his heart. There were no words. There was no action, no novel, no painting to describe the pain of this man from where he stood. 

Prior that day, no more than a few hours before he was informed of Auden's death, he stood in these same ruins taking lives. Ending the miserable existence of fleshy creature's that were once men. How valuable was life truly?

He drank his sorrows away, on the rooftops of that godforsaken town. Months sober all burnt by the tragedy of death. What was he to do? He'd known who did it, why did he wait?  No... He couldn't even answer the questions for himself. Grief ridden- He watched the sun set on another fateful day.

For it was time for the
stars to appear...

"No...not again" Everett would say as he held onto his mams cane 

The necrolyte looked to the bow he held in hand now, and then to that green ribbon he had taken from the Templar. Such a day should be joyous, grand perhaps, yet the adunian in him felt nothing but remorse that it had come to such a thing. Nodding his head, he would slowly wrap the ribbon upon his wrist, making sure it was bound tight and unable to be merely knocked off. "You where, perhaps the greatest amongst the warriors of blind courage. I pray that perhaps, your soul can find peace, devoid of the Anguls claim." With ribbon bound to wrist, the Prophet would make his way down from the tops of those trees. His gaze, peering upon that bloodied sapling, something not born from mockery. Rather, a true respect for the man he once could have called, uncle. Turning, he would make his way away from the Vale, before he began to head to those hallowed halls. 

The Vagabonds Welcome

[PK'd Characters Welcome]

Spoiler

Within the soulstream, did a half blind adunian stir, his gaze flitting about the area before he saw him. Eyes widened, as a saddened smile formed upon his face, one that bore that permanent smirk. His arms opened, inviting him towards an old embrace. "Took you long enough to join us, come, we where just getting to the story about the Crackadonk Hunt. You remember the one, right?" So did the once Seer of Cartref Mor, Vesryn Delmar, invite his old friend to the after-life

Spoiler

Anastasia's stomach always weighed heavy when another figure stepped through the gates. Part of her was glad to finally reunite with her son after so long but as she reached out to wrap her arms around the aged Adunian, a silver tear dripped down her cheek. Her hand moved upwards towards his auburn hair, gently running her digits through his locks. 

"It's regrettable to see you here so soon. We were destined to live forever you know. . ." Jested the former Matriarch with a weak chuckle to mask the sorrow layered in her voice. "You were the best of us all." She lingered on her words for a moment before pulling out of the hug. "I'm proud to be your mother" With that, she reached down to take her little boys hand as if he was seven again. Her gaze turned, peering over towards an ivory pecan tree nestled within the pearly wastes of the skies. "Shall we?" 

-+-

First, it was Iduna and Auden, then Elias came into the picture, and that duo suddenly turned into a trio -Iduna, Auden, and Elias. The three of them had their good times and their bad, it was a normal thing for them. Iduna passed, then it became just Auden and Elias, they grew old together, they went from spry and energetic young men to graying old men, both turning ninety. 

There was a shout just outside the Vale, "One of yours has fallen.." The attention suddenly turned to the gates, there standing at the front of the crowd was that old man Elias, he squints attempting to make out the body that was propped up in the grass but there was something off, he just knew something wasn't right. He took the charge to go investigate, he stood over that body, it was too familiar to him, he knew who it was. Someone shouts, "What is it?" Elias remained silent for a few moments as he took time to assess and process what could've possibly happened. 

"It's my brother." He spouts in return to the group, he carefully collected the decapitated body of his brother Auden, looking to the people behind him one last time before making the long trek back to their former home of Halstaig. With every step, the weight of the body seemed to get heavier but he continued on, "We're almost there." He spoke as he slowly passed the Eastern Fleet, all the memories of their relationship, even Iduna came flashing into view as he passed old Providence, "Your sister will be happy to see you again brother." He said with a pained chuckle, continuing on, passing through the ruins of Esbec, finally, Halstaig was in his sights, "Give Iduna my love for me, that's all I can ask of you." He looks down at the body in his arms, shaking his head, "I guess I'm the last one now, aren't I?" He then looks up to the night sky as the sun started to lick the horizon, "Home has never felt so empty."

Elias did what he needed to do one last time at Halstaig before finally turning his back on his old home, there was nothing left for him there, his wife has long since been dead, Auden was now dead, and his eldest Theodosia has been resting peacefully, Eloise was having the adventure of her life. For that old man returned to his home in the forest of the west, only to get back what to what he knows best, keeping his mind busy, trying to keep himself sane. 

Edited by StrongBear

Amidst those gathered to welcome Auden to Paradise at the Golden Gates were a tall man garbed in shining silver plate and spear in hand.  Atop his brow were a crown of the same color and a singular blue gem adorned in the middle. Though he himself were outside the gate, a soft smile crept onto his much more pleasant face. "Auden..."  

"I am glad you could join us..."