LOTC Mini Comic

Anonymous_Rando

Well, hello. 

I bet you're looking at your computer (or phone, I guess) and thinking "Man, where's the comic?" The answer to your question is that it doesn't exist. Not yet. 

I'm one of the many artists of this community and I decided I wanted to have a bit of fun. I'm sure there's plenty of fun stories y'all have had on the server. From heart-pounding combat to political intrigue and even some heart-warming slice of life rp. I want to read it all. And draw it. 

am about to be pretty busy, so if a lot of people start giving me stories, I won't be able to do all of them. I'd also like to point out that I'm looking for short stories that I can compile into a zine. An online one that I'll post in this forum when it's done. 

If that sounds like fun, then read on!

How to Participate

You can either respond to this post with your story (following the requirements listed) or dm me it on discord. (Imbadatusernames #7443) Try to keep it short, but if it's still too long, then I'll decide which part to cut and keep. I'm aiming for 2-3 pages per story. I'm also not expecting a lot of people to give me their stories, but on the chance that I'm given too many (over 5) to put into the zine--then keep in mind that it's first come first serve. (And none of that "reserving a position" stuff) There's a chance I might take the 'overflow' and do a second zine, but don't hold me to it. I have commitment issues. 

If you're an artist and think you might wanna get in on this project (or create a zine of your own), hit me up! (Even if you don't want to work with me 'cause I want to see all of y'all's projects when they're done.) 

I know there's concerns of metagaming and what-not. If there's subtle details you don't want to disclose in "public" then go ahead and dm me. However, keep in mind that you're giving me the stories with the idea that I'll be drawing them and posting for the LOTC community to read. So if you're really hung up on someone doing what they shouldn't, then it's probably best you don't give me the story. 

On to the Requirements: 

Spoiler

- Post or DM (Imbadatusernames, #7443) your character's story (3-4 paragraphs MAX. Please don't do Godzilla paragraphs either. If you're concerned about the length, feel free to ask me about it).

- Title it as: LOTC Zine Submission. Just so I'm absolutely certain. 

- If you submit your story through a reply to this post, include your discord username and number. Just in case I have further questions. 

- Keep it Lord of the Rings PG-13. This means that I'm down to do some gritty violence but not any smut or similar topics. And I'm not limiting these stories to just combat rp. Give me that good slice o' life stuff too. And anything in-between. 

- I'm gonna need character descriptions (separate from the story itself). If you have art or moodboards, feel free to send it. However, due to the nature of the zine, complicated designs will be simplified. I'd also prefer if you send artist credits along with any art that you send me. If you're posting your response here, please put this part in a spoiler. 

- I will only be taking stories from the current world map: Almaris. This is just to keep things current and make it easier on me if I want to look up visual references. 

- This is fantasy themed. I honestly don't think this is important to put but something tells me I should. So there you go. 

Keep in mind that by posting/giving me your story, you are agreeing to abide by these requirements and consent to me drawing said story and posting it on the LOTC forums. 

What To Expect

It will not be in color. If someone else wants to come along and do the flats, then maybe. But right now it's just me and I don't always have the time that I think I have. 

THIS IS NOT A COMMISSION. You will NOT be getting detailed character drawings to use in-game. If you want that, there's a ton of talented artists on this forum who'd love to do it. But this ain't the post for that. 

You will be credited for the story and character. If I have questions or want your opinion on something, I'll ask, but do not expect to have a say on every minute detail. Again, this is NOT a commission. 

When I post the comic, I'll tag everyone involved. If you also want to be tagged when it's released, lemme know. 

Fun. 'Cause that's the whole point of this little project. 

Please keep in mind that there is a possibility of bad puns and dad jokes. I try to repress it but sometimes the urge is too strong. 

Yo!! I'm an artist, I'd love to do some as well

But, here's one of my characters many stories. It wasn't very (if at all) comedic, moreso some kind of life lesson for her that she still hasn't got.

Said-woman, Dame Viktoriya, was a Mystic for a good several decades. However, following her banishment from Oren after a crazy spur-of-the-moment court case at 3 am EST (somehow had like 60+ attendees), her Barrowlord, a Wight named Khorhadvitz called her down and told her she was no longer of use to the Barrow. As he walked toward her and outstretched a ghostly hand, he tore 2 of the 3 Souls she held from her body and cast her off into the tomblands, where she'd then stumble into The Midpoint (that funny lore piece that talks about an infinite forest where you don't age) and get trapped there for 20+ years, gradually maddening more and more.

THIS is the crazy woman, all art by me.

20220927_150057.jpg?width=588&height=588  MarialainaBoneillo_Image3.png?width=520& Untitled122_20220517151858.png

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Yo!! I'm an artist, I'd love to do some as well

But, here's one of my characters many stories. It wasn't very (if at all) comedic, moreso some kind of life lesson for her that she still hasn't got.

Well snap. That was a lotta drama crammed into one paragraph. (And 60+ peeps at 3 am???? THAT is magic) 

And of course you can hop in! I’m thinking of getting a quick discord server setup for the project. How does that sound? 

4 hours ago, Anonymous_Rando said:

Well snap. That was a lotta drama crammed into one paragraph. (And 60+ peeps at 3 am???? THAT is magic) 

And of course you can hop in! I’m thinking of getting a quick discord server setup for the project. How does that sound? 

Sounds sick!