THE ROYAL TRANSPARENCY REPORT, 1893

seannie

OoJPd0ps5LOgnPKFwPxPy6QyOxtnDnDcnXoOZJTAp1oGUxwLK0vfZ4v8YVgdzn7jc_2SNBa5v39YwTwz7b9ZqKxui4K_VMZEDhGvtDs563FJDG6flTOAp0H1Ho3_sCGNn1yn-7Gp9TVkwy_l9_v2OKw2q3PRvAkuufJvel8CkuJri16PG05wyxyt

THE ROYAL

TRANSPARENCY REPORT

ON THE SUBJECT OF ENLIGHTENED COMMUNICATION,  

ABLE DIALOGUE,

AND OPENNESS OF CROWN GOVERNANCE 

8th of Sun’s Smile, 1893
5isrv33-CmUlJ3bUpkyB_nKH55E-7CMNDdeSbJOSE-ZAE8n6kCsCTZwjwxTvnksFRZ6bt8kVs0gVMZ9oeU9_THsvjChOFzb4tnj5qcOHqQRcABCqMBF_goLB7hfz9DuDeIq5e3ZdoWa-bUZW6gQLruQnyIyriMFVRW3LAC_IUn_1LW00LnnO5uzy

Peace be upon you,

I am Charles Alstion, the Prince of Alstion.

A year ago I declared the formation of the Kingdom of Aaun, and the dismantling of the Harvest Confederacy following the Eastern Almaris Alliance partitioning our lands after our de facto leader, the Baron of Acre, led us into an assault upon the Kingdom of Balian in the hunt for a certain Lucius Galbraith - an act of aggression which brought down upon us the majority polities of Almaris. I, myself, having attended such a raid despite my voiced concerns, due to my personal admiration of the young Volker, raised no blade, and instead brokered a peace that saved us from total annexation.

It was during this trial that I gained an epiphany, a foretelling of our doom if we continued along the same path - so, having been shaken by such systemic ineptitude built into the Confederacy, a lack of national integrity, and how the supposed independence the Confederacy was suddenly proven to be a sham as we were all dragged into the fallout of one man’s decisions, I deemed our current state of things critically ineffective at withstanding the tides of international politics and did away with it after being elected to lead that crumbling Confederacy.

However, this does not mean I held any such disdain for the entirety of what the Confederacy represented. The ideals of liberty and autonomy are a desire I hold greatly to my heart, as I was once subservient to the Harvest myself, but without any sort of guiding figure, a Crown, or what have you, we simply began to wither away under the slightest of pressure. There was my epiphany, unity must be had. Thus leading us to this time and date.

So it is in my capacity as the Sovereign of Aaun, these reports shall be detailing the various ongoings of the Realm as directly told from the Office of the Crown, in the hopes that we may better dispel fabrications, rumors, and confusions. The establishment of a new order is no simple matter, differing opinions will clash, and selfishness will be endemic, however, it is with a greater access to information, our citizenry may be able to formulate their own opinions on the matter at hand.

Should circumstances permit, these reports shall become an annual publication, as we dive forth into whatever the future brings to us.

Readers must also realize that there is an inherent bias to these reports, for they prescribe the Crown’s own perspective to the goings of things - formulate your own opinions as you please.

THE ROYAL COAT OF ARMS

With the objective of the elaboration of our newly shared national identity, and the positioning that the House of Alstion took on as Sovereign, the Crown has garnered its connections with the Royal Salvian Capital of Fausten, specifically, the Royal Salvian Academy of Saint Ottomar, with Fr. Leopold FSSW acting as representative; the Crown does hereby reveal the unveiling of the new Royal Aaunic Coat of Arms - as previously shown within this report.

Supported by the Horenic dragons in their symbolic service to the Crown, as well as the wreath of vassals which comprise the total integrity of the Kingdom, the bedrock, with their titular standings marked by their crowns (House Alstion included regally), listed as followed;

The Margraviate of Velen

The Principality of Merryweather

The Grafschaft of Minitz

And the Barony of Acre

OoJPd0ps5LOgnPKFwPxPy6QyOxtnDnDcnXoOZJTAp1oGUxwLK0vfZ4v8YVgdzn7jc_2SNBa5v39YwTwz7b9ZqKxui4K_VMZEDhGvtDs563FJDG6flTOAp0H1Ho3_sCGNn1yn-7Gp9TVkwy_l9_v2OKw2q3PRvAkuufJvel8CkuJri16PG05wyxyt

The wreath shall be amended throughout the years following the additions, and/or removals of landed Nobility.

The center shield itself purports a quarterly of both House Alstion and presumably Aaun (and in extension, Aegisian-era Oren) colorings itself, as discovered within newfound historical documentation of the heraldic showings of the ancient capital of Al’Khazar - shown below.

bHmfTEWGjlM_zpUUT4MFAqXGeHecVSYa-kgrlcNheW405vunwyqAQhsc0QtFCr4H2kGz-zZmGOF6y3ssOF4H4jtP6CLqxFNudp5hMIBakfDbjLwsuRwTuX07SA-NLphGrwjMWIkWFXMTu4NLQP1c3XRxYaSHlTETjGBIw8I7zSk-rwtAMzlx1wLT

Our greatest thanks go out to Fr. Leopold and the Royal Salvian Academy of Saint Ottomar for their unwavering assistance in the creation of our image.

@kipps

THE AAUNIC VISION

In their benevolence, the Church of the Canon has permitted the continued usage of Aaunic symbolism as we best seek to emulate this ancient Kingdom of Godwin and Exalted Owyn. The first details of Aaun can be found within the Scroll of Gospel, the Holy Scripture bestowed upon the third Exalted Prophet, Godfrey, by God - as described;

25 Godwin, secondborn of Horen, led another third into the Valley of Jrent where men once lived, and he wed a virtuous woman of his people, and was King of Aaun.

It is believed, that in our emulation of the Saints and Prophets of Aaun, that we may best establish a Realm within the Heartlands capable of espousing the ideals of this first Kingdom of Man - the spirit of piety, prosperity, and stability. For it was Aaun that was foremost in size amidst the two Kingdoms of Edel and Ildun, just as it will be in this age once more.

It is also in this new prerogative that we will prove the effectiveness of maintaining a Kingdom that dispels any machinations of the corruption that was so prevalent within the Novellen dynast and their usurpation of Oren, whilst also adhering to the ideals of liberty and peace the Harvest Confederacy so instilled within us - which I have come to call the combination of the two polities as ‘enlightened monarchism’, in which the King does not rule by some fool’s notion that he is quasi-divine, but rather that the people (the common class), represented by their august Lords and Nobles, grant such Royal Assent.

In due time, our Realm shall establish this new culture into common law, so that our shared dreams may be further enshrined into the very fabric of our varied societies, and that no Man may once more unravel our unity.

In due time, the blind and stubborn shall come to the realization that there is no inherent, nor systemic, flaw in the utilization of royal titularism, that it is but simple men who themselves become corrupt, and therefore corrupt their institutions, regardless of semantics. In devout opposition to this, the Crown and the Nobility shall strive to establish Charters of Powers, that will create the checks and balances that have been so lacking in the Kingdoms and Empires of our history.

The age of rampant pessimism is over, may we embrace the future with optimism.

THE AAUNIC ARCHITECT’S GUILD FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CAPITAL

Planning begins fully as a Guild of Architects have been formed to best organize the establishment of our new capital.

It thus came to me in dreams, as befitting a man of Horen, that I have seen the rise of three great structures, in what I presume to be a new city situated upon the River Petra directly. With its circular shape forming the Eye of Sigismund, Providence, a Temple dedicated to the First Man, Horen, a grand Tower to reach the skies so that the flame at its height may act as a beacon as like Owyn once acted, and the Palace of Godfrey, built in his image as the first unifier of all Humanity. So I dreamt it, so I shall see it accomplished.

Furthermore, our architects have gone far and wide to accumulate as many historical records of Aaun as we possibly could gather, and have come to the conclusion of its once architectural aesthetic in which the City shall be built upon - dubbed Aaunic Romanticism, where in our emulation of the past, we shall adhere to their image, as shown below;  

eiHs_eina3wzLzOOCZ2amY_nW4mbL8s3qBHCGWEV8T2aDdF1vAPFFqIqMEffZLBHHE3ZUFVlSyfNxxiw9WENIVGXpoCcfNTg5pEef9VztNJdvVpHhoeStJGC6lynWA1phJRjWnc6cp-vsTbK5DTNHX__9uSB5X9VVTzGThnDB11GK9nxeRabp1Zi

The city shall be divided by the River Petra, with the aforementioned Exalted Holy Sites situated upon newly raised islands at the center.

The architects shall be amply rewarded, and lauded as the core foundation of our Royal Capital upon its conclusion.

THE MARGRAVIATE OF VELEN

Following my declaration of the Kingdom, I was met with a veritable mass of new Waldenians, of whom I was introduced to earlier with the assistance of the House of Alstreim. Having been quick to ascertain their capabilities, loyalty, and determination, I made the executive decision utilizing my current emergency powers to see the peoples of Velen established within what was once the Vale of the Elves, the Ebonwood - to which they redubbed, Aschenwald, in their Waldenian tongue. In due time, the Aaunic heartlands will be repopulated.

They shall no doubt make for an able constituent of our Kingdom.

@Optimus420

THE MAP OF AAUN

Our favorite critic, the Elf, Miruel'Asul, has so graciously documented her travels throughout the Kingdom in her quest to make public knowledge of its current failings for us to later address - within which, during these journeys, has completed the first map of our new realm, as seen below.

hg5Aj2QAR6t2xxoUs0xE1lZKhSYqL6jx53ju_v0rLlO_lRzELl0MYkXBqlIw3hGXExBAY3KWVi_SD7nX9y8tl2tQSxU4NVI--QmVFfbb60mr4_ZxMJa_G_uxBp_CcYh2S3lqJvWaD-YkUI_eDVHwoCjdqXnA1Dl8OC1210PWaOz5SrZO48FPgsLKow

@Labradoodle

THE HOUSE OF ROSIUS D’BAELIUS

With the rise of our new Kingdom, migrants who once fled the devastation of the heartlands, now begin returning ever so surely. One such being the Rosius family, who have begun their petition for the re-establishment of their familial holdings within the Realm. An ambition that I will not so readily deny, for they have been given a chance.

In this, having assessed the lack of defenses in the Arentanian Alps, as well as the severance of nearly a quarter of our control over it, I have designated these newly returned aspirants to bolster our fortifications in the region. Their anticipated success, determination, and continued competence shall see them elevated to the Peers of Aaun and tasked with the defense of the Alps along with the Principality of Merryweather.

THE AAUNIC REPOPULATION EFFORT

With the decades long series of devastations finally coming to an end, and the ineffective Confederacy replaced by a more enlightened, capable, system of governance, the Crown of Aaun does hereby fully commit itself to the repopulation of the Almarisian heartlands - with initiatives such as the settlement of new migrantry, and the establishment of a capital city. 

Our current  census shows as followed;

OVZ1wy0bfhR6O-9stBB552ntlB9KqPxNwMvXNV8ihKMx1nzmPEz6-1GNq4bYxzasT5f-4Lcqk4fzrC_vhoP8yBMSUzS2oXAcaJi1c3a2BaVsOAgYJhIQGo_GWNVO896nmNQwWlt1p16tIY3FwmLSFLwsp9zAzqhuE4WUd97-j9zo7Y0g2FpWqxJxYg

Further detailed documentation of the Kingdom shall be commenced at a later date once the Royal institutions are set in place.

The Kingdom of Aaun shall remain open to all who seek to resettle its land, within fair criteria, inspection, and other vetting procedures.

CHURCH AND STATE

The Church, and more specifically, the Lectorate, has reached out to the realm for the discussion of the state of Canondom, and how Aaun may be utilized to better our overall relations between Petra, Sedan, Balian, and Haense - in order to never again repeat the horrors of the past that have been inflicted upon the heartland. The Crown does thank Lector Oijin and Cardinal Nescia for their facilitation of such meetings.

As a minor addendum, the Kingdom of Balian has received their full reparations as dictated by their Treaty, a debt which I inherited from the Barony of Acre, thus resuming the normalization of relations between our two Kingdoms. A non-aggression Pact has been signed, one sworn to God that it will remain forever unbroken, and will be publicized in due time.

In thanks to Cardinal Nescia, an alliance between our fledgling realms of Petra and Aaun was established as well.

THE SUMMIT OF 1893

As detailed in the Royal Summons of 1893, the Crown has summoned the Realm to the Ruins of Vienne to best chart a path forward into the creation of the Kingdom’s new legalities and institutions. Though nothing of specifics was officialized as expected of the first of these things, a general understanding and agreement was derived as to how the Kingdom’s nobility should be constituted so far; 

Rights 

Independent Levies

Ability to grant Provincial Knighthoods

Local Laws

Local Tax Collection

Local Expansion 

Expectations

Repopulate the Countryside

Maintain Law and Order

Uphold National Unity

Upkeep the cost of your lands

Defense of the Realm

The Summit is transcribed below;

Spoiler

[!] The Princely Alstion took position in the center of the hall, his voice raised as he proceeds, “Are the representatives of the realm all in attendance here?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Aye.”

[Quiet] Petsch von Minitz: “Oh it's starting lads.”

Louis Joseph: “Aye.”

Ser Fynn von Wexler: “Aye.”

Heinrich Franz von Alstreim: “Aye.”

Calliope Renata: “We are present.”

Thomas Napier: “Aye.”

Charlie: “Will you take Acre's position, Easworth?”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Yes.”

Charlie: “So we are all in attendance then. Let us begin.”

Charlie began to walk about back and forth, speaking aloud for all to hear, “Nearly a year ago now, I sought to reform the heartlands of humanity into one singular functioning polity - devoid of the systemic division our fair Confederacy had been built upon --.”

Charlie: “When the world came crashing down upon us!”

Charlie: “However!”

Charlie: “I have no intention of forgoing all the ideals we strived to establish when we dismantled the corruption that was the Novellen of Oren! The Confederacy was made with a fair purpose in mind, but lacked any such guidance to see it fulfilled.”

Charlie: “Hence, I do make it known that this realm will see the creation of a Charter, a Great Charter, to be specific - a Magna Carta, perhaps, as the Aenguls would call it in their tongue.”

Charlie: “So that all that I speak of here, may be enshrined into the very fabric of our realm, by way of law and culture.”

Charlie: “The very definition of checks and balances, which is why you are all gathered here today - to begin on deciding the allotment of authority.”

Charlie: “Does anyone wish to take the floor?”

Sir Leon Barclay raised his hand at that.

Charlie waved his hand to Leon, gesturing him forth either verbally or physically.

Sir Leon Barclay: “I wasn't present unfortunately when the announcement for the formation of Aaun was made. However, from what I was told no official summit or votes were held by the Harvest Lords. I propose that we go through with this to set the record straight.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “So that none can say that the Kingdom was founded on corruption, but instead so on fairness and general concensus.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Why after everything that you lot seeked to destory you fall back into the creation of another Oren….”

Siegfried Barclay: “We are here to ensure that this is /not/ another Oren.”

Charlie: “Of course - I thank you for bringing up such. Aaun at such at the time, was formed as a ward against the unchecked ambitions of the Urguani, to prevent even further partitioning of our lands.”

Sir Leon Barclay nodded in agreement to his brother's words.

Sir Leon Barclay then nodded to Charlie, though remained quiet.

Charlie: “Would Oren have you gathered here like this to speak your voice… or moreso, your criticisms, Easworth? No! Some Novellen fool would have lopped off your head for such, had we not done away with them.”

Charlie: “I bid you to speak your mind, but not falsely appoint me to something I am not.”

Louis Joseph: “Hear hear.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “I mean I sat amongst the house of Oren as a man of Arichsdorf before. I spoke ill and they listened… Perhaps you forgotten why you are all sat freely amongst this ruin today… Perhaps blinded ill like a former Baron….”

Charlie: “We saw different things then, Easworth - I saw wanton executions, and the blatant disregard for common decency and life.”

Charlie: “My family has faced more hardships than you can ever imagine at the hands of the Novellen - we have seen through their failures, and seek to do away with the corruption they brought upon us.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Not every Kingdom ist Oren, good friend” he turned to Cyne then.

Charlie: “Why else did we do away with it, then?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Although since the topic is at hand… how do you plan on being different from Oren exactly, Lord Alstion?”

Charlie returned his attention to Leon.

Charlie: “Why not begin by deciding whether or not we wish to officialize the Kingdom, Sir Leon.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “We shouldn't be a Kingdom. They outcast of humour fallen on the name is already occured due to the whispers of another Kingdom.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “I think it makes sense to make your case before the voters vote, no?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “It ist always better to ask questions first und then act second.”

Thomas Napier: “If not a Kingdom - then what, Good sir. A Commonwealth, like our cousins in Petra?”

Charlie waved a hand at that, “Aye, truly. Very well.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “I don't see a point in a single figure becoming a man with righteous power over realms…. When Acre allowed the people to do whatever they wanted. They sought to farm and live, much as the rest of the realms that you are sat amongst.”

Charlie: “I do not seek to establish myself as an absolutist, Easworth, simply one who may softly guide those to betterment - instead of squabbling away in the farms, wasting away as migrants flee.”

Charlie: “There must be a balance of scales!” the Prince responds, voice raised.

Charlie: “We cannot tilt in favor of one scale, lest we slip into oblivion fully with inaction.”

Charlie: “Nor to the other! Or else we become those we swore to destroy, destroyed.”

Louis Joseph: “You seem to equate the House of Lord Alstion to that of Novellen too many times; you sound like you are stuck in the past, friend.” He responded to Cynefrith.

Eleanor cleared her throat, before the Pruvian voice echoed through the halls. “Acre were nothing more than savages, they opposed order so they can reign in tyranny- so nobody can oppose them.”

Sir Leon Barclay arched a brow to Eleanor rather confused “What in GOTT's good name are you talking about?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Were you ever a vassal under Acre's eye, lady?”

Eleanor: “Non, I would not torture myself in such way.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Then how exactly do you know Acre acted as tyrants over the rest of the Harvest Lords?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Because what you say is simply not true.”

Cynefrith Easworth laughed at Eleanor “Tyrants? The Barons were farmers… A kingdom is pointless, a construct of Witans and the creation of a fair debate amongst choice… Minitz were given and were allowed to reign freely under them.”

Siegfried Barclay: “We were quite content with Acre as the leader.” He nods in agreement. “Don't tell us we lived under tyranny when you weren't there.”

Calliope Renata: “Again, the apostate raised an army, and they went into Godwin’s kingdom of Aaun. They sacked many villages, and the disordered armies of Godwin could not stop the assault,” the Maiden cited the Scripture.

Calliope Renata: “Ironically this would have been the fate of the Confederation.”

Charlie placed his hands upon his hips as he carefully observed the ongoing talks taking the halls, nodding here and there.

Louis Joseph: “And were you fond of Philip III and Anastasia I when they were Emperor and Empress, my Lord Cynefrith?”

Petsch von Minitz nods in agreement with his Graf & Chief.

Louis Joseph: “Surely you remember the times of Arichsdorf.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “All realms should be independent, when a order to establish a strong mutual army such as the day for Orenian civil war, there should be a choice to bring about peace.” He would turn to Louis “Arichsdorf was a peaceful town… With a much fair ruling system.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “I came here to vote on state matters not to listen to court rumors and lies” he grunted.

Ottomar von Alstreim: “What prevents us from getting to voting exactly?”

Sir Leon Barclay turned to Ottomar then “For Lord Alstion to make his case as to why this new Kingdom will be unlike the old.”

Ottomar von Alstreim: “Ah, I see, thank you Lord Barclay.”

Charlie finally spoke: “Aye, I love Acre, with its fields and dogged determination - I've done my best to see to its sustenance. However, I disagree with their total separation of land. We are stronger together.”

Thomas Napier: “Aye. Autonomy is a fair and wise policy - but a complete independence of the realms would render us as bees apart from their hive.”

Calliope Renata: “This is a childish fantasy,” the nun spoke up once more. “Beset on all sides by hungry lions, absorbed by self-importance, any pretend-independence would be extinguished in a matter of years.”

Calliope Renata: “Like it almost was, less than a Saint's Week ago.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Yet…” the Barclay paused “I'd rather see a good degree of autonomy for the participating vassals if we're to go down this road.”

Thomas Napier: “Aye, the woman speaks wise.” He'd nod. “We have not to look at Petra, and the terrible treaty to see how easily we may be carved up like a Roast beast. Unity is, I would assert, an unquestionable point.”

Louis Joseph: “I almost begin to question people what it is they prefer; a King by the Grace of GOD or blood-thirsty folk who want to see a monarchy exterminated.”

Charlie: “When I formed Aaun, I held the thoughts that it will safeguard our land against the continued partitions of those who would seek the heartlands for themselves- we could not continue to hide away alone!”

Charlie turned once more to Leon, nodding firmly.

Sir Leon Barclay: “I did not leave Haense and side against Oren just to end up there again” he then turned to Charlie “How much freedom will the vassals have?”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Each realm should have a figurehead of diplomatic discussion either the head or a regent figure. Sent forth to discuss the conflicts, struggles and positivity amongst houses. Shouldn't have one man taking a head of this operation. That is foolish.”

Charlie: “It is a dream of mine that we see to the sharing of the Confederate ideals of autonomy, whilst being under the guidance and security of one polity!”

Charlie: “That is my desire.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Then I ask you this, my lord. If, say, we go to war with Urguan and Acre wants to leave it, will you act as Frederick I acted? What would you do specifically?”

Charlie: “Defensively, and we are not at fault? I would expect all to rally their banners. However, offensively? A Grand Council must be summoned to ascertain such a need for war, and then vote on it.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “You arguably then breaking the freedoms of men that was decisive as the creation of the Harvest Confedacy originally then.”

Charlie: “It would be the duty of all those who make their home in this heartland of ours, to defend it - if we are unjustly aggressed upon, Easworth!”

Sir Leon Barclay: “The prince does speak true on this matter.”

Thomas Napier: “Bosh. There is nothing tyrannical about a unified realm in defense!” He'd nod. “Aye, this is a fair thing.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Acre did retract to protect itself from Frederick's war.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “What of offensive wars?”

Charlie: “It would be as I've said, the nobility shall form a Grand Council, together with the King, and decide on the matter.”

Louis Joseph: “That is fair; unlike the absolute decision-making of the Novellens regarding war.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “You are basing this choice on the matters of war with a nation that you apparently discussed terms with…. Have you not even attempted diplomacy before providing the title of Prince and King behind your back?”

Charlie: “It is a hypothetical question that was asked, Easworth, with hypothetical meanings.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “It should be a council, no need for a ruling title of King to discuss the choice about warfare.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “The answer was righteous, ja.”

Charlie: “The King needs his own voice heard, as do all nobility.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “All realms can choose the diplomatic actions for Warfare, whether they wish we seek out opposition or if we don't. This based on an viewpoint of vote.”

Charlie: “The scales must be balanced, remind yourself of this.”

Calliope Renata: “It is good, then, that Aaun's war with the Coalition is a hypothetical, unlike Acre's war with the Coalition, which almost saw us annexed.”

Calliope Renata: “I do not think the Haeseni asked Corwinsburg if we wanted to be absorbed over your transgression.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “Though did the last Baron of Acre put us all at risk when he decided to act without the council?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “In our current position being seperated fully as we were might be dangerous.”

Louis Joseph: “Easworth; if I might interject - You surely do not expect us to not unite behind one man who is capable of uniting all of the remaining folk who have lived within the Heartlands? Tell me what it is that you prefer; Haenseni or Urguani occupation through the lands that we hold so dear? Or disappear like peasants on farms?”

Sir Leon Barclay: “You saw how Haense and the dwarves jumped at the pie.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Remove your title of King and you become a noble with the same rights as everyone. You can seek to join brothers in war or you can step back and publically announce a stance against the warfare of others such as Minitz did when a child took some of  their own to war with them.”

Thomas Napier: “Aye. Were we on an island, free from harm - we might have cause to celebrate independence. We do not. The Dawi of the South look eager upon our lands.. And human unity from the other Kingdoms is looked at with suspicion in the North.”

Charlie brought his arms to his chest now, folding one over the other as he tapped away at the ruined Palace's flooring - listening intently as he removed himself from the current discussion.

Miruel'Asul: “Lord King, if I may.” The elfess rose to speak, “This gathering was called as a council on the future of the realm - not its past - I cannot help but think that some actors here are not faithful to the very principle of the nation. In that case, they should not be here!”

Cynefrith Easworth: “I seek out to hold realms with people who can manage them. Provide lands to those who wish to grow as communties. A mutal gathering yearly or twice a year to seek out council of the realms to discuss problematic situations… Rather than a single King.”

Thomas Napier: “It is a matter of prudence and wisdom to remain unified, I think we must agree upon that one point, and move on.”

Thomas Napier: “Hear Hear.” He'd nod to the Elf.

Sir Leon Barclay: “Like who?” He asked towards Miruel.

Cynefrith Easworth: “Get your head out of your ass elf. If you really need to acknowledge that the issues of the past are how you shape your future.”

Charlie held a hand up to silence the Elfess, should she so abide.

Cynefrith Easworth: “You learn from them.”

Sir Leon Barclay: “A Kingdom composed of vassals that have not officially sworn or voted the king is not a very stable kingdom.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Can we have some ORDER?” He asks wearily. “Everyone speaks over one another with no focus on a single topic!”

Miruel'Asul shut her lips, lowered her eyes, and sulked back down into her seat.

Sir Leon Barclay nodded to Sigi's words as he huffed, falling quiet himself as he looked about.

Cynefrith Easworth: “No King. Each vassal has their figurehead come to a council to discuss the successes and failures of their nation and realms can support each other if they wish.”

Calliope Renata: “What a childish fantasy.”

Sebastian Teufel casually dropped down from the rafters. “Pardon the intrusion. I've arrived to quickly tell the man to my right to stop talking, his points made my ears bleed.”

Thomas Napier: “You spoke wise, Miss Elf.”

Thomas Napier: “This peasant's ideals are fine, but the execution is foolish.”

Charlie: “Everyone here has their just right to speak as they wish - but Siegried here is correct.”

Charlie: “Order!”

Charlie: “Who wishes to take the floor, and rebuke Master Easworth, if any may hold such desires?”

Ottomar von Alstreim: “If I might interject, a council consisting of various lords with naught to properly bind them spells doom. It is good, in that case, to have a monarch overseeing affairs, lest we all be the victim of even further disunity than we've already been.”

Siegfried Barclay: “I'd like to focus on your reasons for establishing a kingdom before we move onto the specifics of how a kingdom will be run.” He waves toward Charlie, asking for the floor.

Thomas Napier nods. “Aye, let us speak on the matters of the Kingdom and its establishing causes.”

Charlie: “I've said it many times before here, already - but one singular polity, guided by a Crown, composed of multiple constituencies, that are held together in common respect… there is no greater scheme to the security of our land than that.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Your reason for establishing Aaun was to prevent our lands from being partitioned further, for greater security.” He starts. “How does making you king accomplish this? Our combined military might haven't magically grown. If EATO wishes to take our lands, they will do it regardless of whether we are Aaun or the Confederacy.”

Charlie: “That is where my personal abilities come in, Siegfried - except save the Dwarves, the Alliance will not aggress on us.”

Charlie: “And the Dwarves do nothing without their true masters.”

Louis Joseph: “Hear hear.”

Siegfried Barclay: “I believe in YOUR abilities.” He nods. “What about future generations? Why should we give up future autonomy down the line to be saved during one lifetime?”

Charlie: “How would such be given up?”

Siegfried Barclay: “I suppose that's what we're here to discuss.” He shrugs.

Charlie:“You would have me, from the top, grant you all your Rights? You are nobles! Act your station! Propose your own lawful desires.”

Charlie: “The aforementioned Charters will see to the permanent establishment of a Lord's rights to their autonomy, as founded by said Lords.”

Calliope Renata: “A nation, no matter how loosely defined or governed, remains a nation. The ties we build under a shared system, our institutions, will strengthen everyone at once.”

Thomas Napier: “Hear Hear, a fine point, well articulated.”

Siegfried Barclay briefly nods at that, leaning back in his seat. “Let's discuss our rights then. I believe some…parties in this room have concerns.” He looks in Cynefrith's direction.

Calliope Renata: “His Majesty was able to stay the Coalition's hand due to his personal prowess- but what the brotherly nations of Man wish to see is an entity that commands respect- one that is worthy of their respect.”

Calliope Renata: “A gathering of petty lords is not an entity worthy of respect, as we have already been sorely proven.”

Calliope Renata: “Insisting on an illusion of independence makes us no better than wood elven tribals, or God forbid, Norlanders.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Shut up and let the 'king' speak.”

Sebastian Teufel: “THAT IS ******* COMICAL COMING FROM YOU!”

Siegfried Barclay: “He's asking us to list the rights we want now.”

Charlie: “I must remind you all, I am no King as of this moment.”

Charlie: “I remain a Prince - semantics, I know.”

Calliope Renata: “The Holy Mother Church has recognized the sovereignty of Aaun. Uncrowned as you might be, this is fact.”

Charlie: “A sovereign I am.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Independent levies, ability to make our own knights, maintain local laws…” he begins to list off.

Siegfried Barclay: “Those are my main concerns.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Independence to freely administrate your lands… That is the same for Acre.”

Charlie: “We shall see it written down together into our laws, aye.”

Thomas Napier: “What would 'Freely administrate' mean, Mr. Easworth?”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Its a shorten term for the list created by my friend Siegfried.”

Charlie: “I never once had any intention of allowing the Crown to ever so unjustly exert itself unto its constituencies, you Lords.”

Charlie: “We are a collection of agreed upon nobility, wishing to see the safeguard of our future.”

Thomas Napier: “We are here discussing; list your list so we may see what may be practical and agreeable, and what may not.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Might as well include collecting taxes and town expansion, within reason.” He adds, then nods at Charlie's words.

Charlie: “Of course.”

Charlie: “In due time, we shall arrange a more… cohesive document detailing all these new legalities together.”

Thomas Napier writes down these things quickly.

Charlie: “If you all will allow it.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Certainly.”

Charlie: “My aim on this day was to allow you all to speak freely, to make your thoughts known.”

Charlie: “So that we may better organize what must be done for the future.”

Siegfried Barclay: “What obligations do you expect from us? Other than rallying to fight against foreign invasion.”

Calliope Renata: “Participation in shared institutions, I suppose?”

Charlie scratched at his chin, pondering for a long moment as he gathered his thoughts for the answer.

Calliope Renata: “We ought to coordinate on matters of faith and development of shared lands.”

Thomas Napier: “Defense of the realm - the Maintenance of Order - The Populating of the Countryside; and management of infrastructure, I should think.”

Calliope Renata nodded.

Miruel'Asul held up a hand patiently and silently.

[Quiet] Thomas Napier: “I would just speak, Miss Elf - you are not a Pariah here.”

[Quiet] Miruel'Asul: “I must not overstep. The king must approve my speaking.” She said quietly back to Thomas.

Thomas Napier nods to Miruel.

Charlie: “Your peers speak truthfully, Siegfried - as of this moment, those are my expectations unto you.”

Siegfried Barclay: “So what we'd be doing anyway. Works for me.” He then looks over to Miruel as well.

Cynefrith Easworth: “Siegfried, the judge wants you to keep doing everything the same thing as you always been!”

Charlie shifted about as he trailed the gaze of those ahead towards Miruel, waving her on to speak.

Miruel'Asul: “I know that my Lords and my Prince are far wiser than I could hope to be.” She bowed her head respectfully to the humans, “I should like to speak as a spectator. Nothing more. In my travels about the realm I came across economic stagnation beyond anything I have seen in foreign lands. I believe that this is in part due to the autonomy of the Confederacy. A symptom of inaction. To once more fill the Kingdom's coffers I would suggest the Crown gain powers of economic regulation.”

Thomas Napier perks a brow.

Siegfried Barclay frowns.

Miruel'Asul: “No one township should unfairly outcompete its neighbours.” She said, “It is bad for business; it is known.”

Miruel'Asul: “But it is to My Lords to judge. I am, of course, a spectator and less knowledgeable than you all.”

Miruel'Asul remained silent thereafter.

Thomas Napier: “I would say your words are not wrong. Our economy is non-existant. Coinage itself has dissapeared from some places in our lands, from once a country that held it in  unimaginable abundance. Taxes are unknown, in some parts.. But, aye. The trick is - to whom, and how, would such a thing be centralized..”

Charlie: “Ah… the unlimited autonomy of the Confederacy had bred economic inaction over time without any guiding hand, indeed - but to suggest the Crown control the economies of their constituencies is ill-advised.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “A judge is a grand name rather than the humour that is being inflicted with the title of King….”

Louis Joseph: “Did anyone question you?” He looked towards Cynefrith.

Cynefrith Easworth laughs.

Ottomar von Alstreim: “Only the donkey to his side thinks he has things worth hearing, Louis. I would not question it.”

Louis Joseph laughed.

Thomas Napier: “The Petrine Rule generated massive wealth, but it was concentrated almost exclusively into Providence; the rural lands suffered to beggardom.”

Thomas Napier: “But it is true. We will need money to upkeep our lands, pay our soldiers, and act as a sovereign nation, equal to Haense, and others.”

Charlie gestured to Thomas, “He answers your question, madam.”

Miruel'Asul: “Of course, My Prince. My worries are misguided, of course.” She conceded to the sovereign immediately.

Cynefrith Easworth: “I wonder how you managed to get lands… How badly did you seek out people to listen to your cries for land as I continue to slaughter people.”

Ottomar von Alstreim: “Try and formulate that last part into a proper sentence.”

Thomas Napier: “Enough bickering; we are grown men, not bantering children.”

Thomas Napier: “Enough! You are grown men, not bantering children. Indulge this line further, and be made punished as though you were youths.” He'd huff.

[Quiet] Thomas Napier: “Now, aye. I would suggest this, Good elf - perhaps join us on another meeting, wherein we shall discuss our woeful economics. You seem to have a fine mind for it.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Cynefrith is allowed to share his opinion. Anyway…if we must tax the crown's vaults, just do it in the capital.”

Charlie: “Master Easworth, your peers are correct - I will always promote your ability for dialogue, but in a respectful manner, I ask of you.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Very well….. JUDGE.”

AzkbDRQ8iH1uwaGjEOhwP0-z9848rbf7JqbL-j1bdAfeintVQ1iHSTk9S_Nd2ThT4PS-IJLytCw0YlOeqd1RZ51LrRDFWVnSijB-tc4V3oS7FhUGBqkUhSVf-6Hbn6murwm9xtbb9Wso6CVjTrhEU3Q0eV2-_LxOf6UIddXCaQgXhyNckGJC--40

Thomas Napier: “Now, aye. I would suggest this, if I may, Prince - This Good Elf seems wise in the ways of money, and observation. I would extend to her an invitation to another meeting, wherein we may discuss our matters of money.”

[Quiet] Miruel'Asul: “I am most grateful for your invitation, sir.” She glanced up to Thomas.

[Quiet] Thomas Napier: “The wise deserve inclusion, Ma'am.”

Charlie: “Proceed as you wish, Master Napier.”

Thomas Napier: “I shall arrange it.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “The list I must say, Siegfried sounds a lot like you are the decisive accounts to create a Judge title for our council meetings… Rather than a King.”

Charlie: “All of the nation's constituencies are to set their own tax rates, whilst the Crown will sustain itself off of its revenue in the Capital.”

Calliope Renata: “I believe it would be prudent to enable the crownlands to sustain themselves- not at our expense, though some sort of common fund for the purpose of defense or maintaining shared infrastructure could be upheld.”

Thomas Napier: “Aye, a fair and wise thing - a Common fund, paid at the same rate by all, for the defense and upkeep of the realm.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “No.”

Thomas Napier: “Your objection, Good Easworth?”

Siegfried Barclay: “What qualifies as defense? If it's to pay off Balian, sure. Paying the wages of the royal army is a different story.”

Charlie: “Balian has already been paid off as per my personal wealth.”

Calliope Renata: “What generosity. You'd think the lot allergic to taxes could at least pay off their own debts.”

Charlie: “I inherited their debt, Alstreim - do not goad them any further.”

Charlie: “Traditionally, the Crownlands have always been able to sustain themselves - I will not ask the nobility to prop it up.”

Thomas Napier: “Mmm. I would propose this - we agree to, in writing - the allowance of a 'War Levy', perchance, should it come to our borders. Then, we shall all pay in fair tribute. Outside of war.. Our revenues keep themselves?”

Siegfried Barclay: “Works for me.” He says at Thomas' suggestion.

Cynefrith Easworth: “We don't need a royal army, nor should we be forced to pay for your failed army…. Acre is built on farming rather than a trade merchant hub. An organized march should exist by the call of retainers with the realms establishing their own armies small or  large….”

Thomas Napier: “Easworth, wherein did I suggest a royal army?”

Thomas Napier: “I suggested the allowance of a War Levy, if you did not hear me correct.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “You didn't. I was talking about the statement of Siegfried, actually. Keep yourself mute for a moment before you think I speak to you.”

Calliope Renata: “Will each provincial levy bring their own trebuchets? Should we rent them from Haense?”

Calliope Renata: “Rent ten trebuchets, get a free cannon,” she spoke in jest, though her expression remained restrained.

Thomas Napier chuckles.

Louis Joseph: “He is stuck in the past Sir Napier, let him be.”

Thomas Napier: “Right. Have we another order of business, Prince?”

Charlie: “If the circumstances meet the definition of a war, as agreed upon by the aforementioned Council of Lords - the maintenance of a war levy shall be the duty of us all to maintain.”

Siegfried Barclay: “For trebuchets, defenses, etc.” He nods. “Reasonable enough.”

Charlie: “Aye.”

Cynefrith Easworth sighs.

[Quiet] Miruel'Asul: “Common decency is lost on the farmer who believes the zenith of man is to work low in the fields amongst the dirt.” She commented snidely, to her bench alone.

[Quiet] Thomas Napier: “It is a fair calling.. But the man's a miserable fool in his speech.”

Charlie: “I've no intention of establishing an army that encompasses the entire realm - only a personal levy of mine to maintain order in the Crownlands.”

Charlie: “As all of you are entitled to.”

Louis Joseph: “I agree.”

Siegfried Barclay: “Then is our next topic the Crownlands institutions?”

Charlie: “Crownland? My personal domain?”

Siegfried Barclay: “You'll be hosting Councils there, correct? And other institutions that we are expected to participate in. As per Miss Calliope's words.” He nods in her direction.

Thomas Napier: “I had a suggestion on this topic, Mr. Barclay - pardon my lack of rank, for I know not yours.”

Charlie: “Of course, Siegfried - but what of it exactly? It seems a rather straightforward establishment, no?”

Thomas Napier: “While the Crownlands ought to serve as a hub in our Nation - the Court of our King ought to travel, and host these types of meetings across the duchies, travelling from one to the other, conducting business.”

Charlie nodded, “A roving court, interesting.”

Thomas Napier: “This is not our first inter-imperium.”

Thomas Napier: “We retain our independence, at least. After Godfrey's Empire collapsed, we did not have that. Dwarves ruled over us.”

Thomas Napier: “We recovered in the end.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “What happened to no Kings?”

Siegfried Barclay: “Sounds interesting to me, depends on whether the king wishes to agree.” He nods in Charlie's direction. “And I mean things like whether you unilaterally decide new nobles. Or do we just vote on every decision to be made?”

Thomas Napier: “Pardon my language, Easworth; but that is tangential to the topic at hand.”

Louis Joseph: “You just hear what you want to hear.” He directed at Cynefrith.

Calliope Renata: “Attacking a sovereign nation without our consent happened, ranger. The King of Haense would have happened to you.”

Charlie: “I agree - the Crownlands must make the hub of the realm's central governance, but not so much that it is so solely favored.”

Cynefrith Easworth: “Okay… that's far better than a random man who worked amongst fields taking up a title as king and providing his friends lands.”

Charlie pivoted as he does, though not so fully that he faces Easworth - his eyes narrowed in apparent disdain for the man's argument against farming.

Charlie then huffs and puffs and turns back around.

Charlie: “The establishment of new nobility is a right to be reserved by the Lords of the Grand Council that will be assembled in due time.” the Prince replies to Siegfried.

Charlie: “Granted they meet a sort of criteria that we shall create.”

Siegfried Barclay: “So what is this Grand Council entitled to? War declarations, ennoblement, new laws? You'll probably need some broad law code to encompass the whole kingdom.”

Charlie: “The specifics shall be discussed when the formation of this institution is nigh, lest we allow ourselves to be here for months.”

Charlie: “But that is the idea, aye.”

Siegfried Barclay nods at that.

Charlie cracked his neck sideways, and shook his leg about, circulating some new blood around.

Charlie: “Anything else?”

Thomas Napier: “I've nothing.” He'd nod.

Wilhelm Barclay shakes his head.

Orion Adler shakes his head.

Charlie: “You desired a vote on the officiating of the Kingdom, Siegfried - do you believe this an able time to do so?”

Siegfried Barclay: “Since no one else seems to have any issues remaining.” He nods.

Charlie circled about as he looked to the dwindling numbers of the ruined Palace, “Hm, it would be an incomplete vote as it is, however,”

Charlie: “Suppose we shall reconvene on such a matter later then.”

Charlie: “Ah, also…” he rummages around in his tartan, pulling out a letter.

Charlie: “I've with me a correspondence from the Church and the Lectorate, to hold meetings for the creation of a network of alliances between our fellow Princes in Canondom.”

Charlie: “I do believe the end to these brother wars are soon.”

Charlie: “Anyway - if we are all in agreement, shall we motion to conclude this Summit?”

Those gathered all agree.

Charlie: “Very well - Napier, I expect a rough transcript on my desk in due time, we shall organize a formal documentary response to this day.”

Thomas Napier: “It shall be done, M'Lord.”

Charlie: “Good! Then we are concluded, return to your realms, and we shall begin again once more later on.”

In conclusion, I must give the biggest of thanks who have made this new vision of ours a persisting realization.

I am most certain, that in our mutual cooperation bonded by common decency and respect, that may we emerge from the fallout of these calamities better than before.

God Bless You All

If anyone wishes to be in contact with myself, a letter delivered to Minitz or Acre shall suffice simply.

Also, Baerte - you owe me a broken nose.

Alstion est imperare orbi universo,

Sovereign of Aaun, Prince of Alstion,

Charles Alstion

The past and only wife of the Prince of Alstion received the missive as she was drafting the blueprints for Rosenfort, and concurrently recruiting Architects for the construction of the Royal Capital. She would hum, before her voice echoed throughout the halls. "And here it begins. Our future!"

Fr. Leopold FSSW prays for the Lawful Sovereign of the Almarian Heartlands!

Wilhelm Barclay smiles as he reads the royal report, pride swelling in his heart as he continues his trainings towards knighthood

Cynefrith Easworth would laugh at the report, noticing that the title was provided by himself without any official backing, other than his own family and people who he used to manipulate and bargain with. Cynefrith would throw away the missive, after noticing the key evidence from his council meeting that the singluar man was merely a weak judge amongst Harvest Lords and not a King nor a Prince with any given right.

After a long day in the sun, farming that of berries from the vineyard of Acre, Cathy de Vilain was made aware of the summit's discussion. Though she had not been present at the meeting, she was indeed a witness to what had transpired the given day of the election. She thought long and hard, particularly on the mention of 'nobility' a little too often. Was it only those of noble kin that mattered? What about those her brother tenanted on the lands of the barony? She shook her head with furrowed brows and continued on with her basket at hand.

Petyr would receive a copy of the report alongside the transcript from his merchant father. The next few weeks, he would read over it in parts to help improve his literacy skills in Common to complement his native New Marian. Through his learning, he would learn more about this new kingdom. While he felt a devotion to his own kingdom, he had this unshakable feeling to pursue Aaun to learn more about it and its people. Alas, he still had to help provide for his family and he wasn't going anywhere any time soon.