Let's talk about Community Team.

2MuchFireBallTonight

13 hours ago, 2MuchFireBallTonight said:

promote the nation building aspect.

Holy shit LotC has a nation building aspect?

The issue isn't 'what hasn't been done' its what can't happen. The YouTube is entirely run by admins, the managers are capable yet hit brick walls on every turn.
The team itself has incompetence but that doesn't excuse how much shit talking the team as a whole faces by others regardless of accomplishments. Since after muffins was removed the reputation was destroyed resulting in the issue where no one supports community team. No one wants to say "here's the problem let's fix it."
This would've gone so much better if the people who wrote this post reached out to the managers about it to hear out their side of the story and why they're currently struggling to change things the way they want them to

On that note CT members never take initiative, it's constantly the same things I would like to see more people applying themselves than just defending something they've no right to defend

For all those who are complaining about the media aspect: Get some recording software, get some editing software, apply for the team and make videos. 

Also, 

1 hour ago, Diogen said:

The YouTube is entirely run by admins

True. 

Please take control of the wiki away from only community team. Make it a separate thing with specific people who know what they're doing and can competently use the English language.

By separate team, no, I don't mean an entirely new team team. Just make it so anyone can be on it. From either not a staff member or from any staff team.

Joshbright you mean well but the stuff you write makes my head hurt. Stick to the ideas and formatting things part not the writing bit. The formatting and ideas bit is good. Writing not so much.

2 hours ago, Diogen said:

The issue isn't 'what hasn't been done' its what can't happen. The YouTube is entirely run by admins, the managers are capable yet hit brick walls on every turn.
The team itself has incompetence but that doesn't excuse how much shit talking the team as a whole faces by others regardless of accomplishments. Since after muffins was removed the reputation was destroyed resulting in the issue where no one supports community team. No one wants to say "here's the problem let's fix it."
This would've gone so much better if the people who wrote this post reached out to the managers about it to hear out their side of the story and why they're currently struggling to change things the way they want them to

On that note CT members never take initiative, it's constantly the same things I would like to see more people applying themselves than just defending something they've no right to defend

Ct under lotsofmuffins did more promotion for the server than what we have now.

45 minutes ago, Borin said:

By separate team, no, I don't mean an entirely new team team. Just make it so anyone can be on it. From either not a staff member or from any staff team.

what your suggest already exists, so... If you want a wiki account just go to the main discord and request one. 

it's a sad testament when Muffins Toddler Team has ratioed the current community in general competency

(besides the fine folks who wrote this post; hope you used a VPN)

I left the CT for several reasons, the main one was I was taking a break from LoTC and didn't want to just sit idle on the team. I do think however, there was many issues with the teams recruitment and lax nature, I hardly saw anyone get kicked from the team, even when many did so little, or absolutely nothing. I also think the team was often directionless and our admin did little to give us things to work on.

People would constantly moan about being called the toddler team and focus on ways to not be called that, which while annoying that we were being called names by other teams, should never have been a serious discussion. If the team had just put in work and done what they were supposed to do, we would not have been insulted by other teams. 

Monk Guidance's often seemed really shit, and every time I witnessed them, the monk just disappeared after guiding a player to the gates of either their own faction, or the faction that was on their application. There needs to be a better system for this, and this should be a priority, giving new players a good first experience is so important for their retention.

CT events were always very cringy in my opinion, and I never wanted to take part in them. I suggested more events that fit into the lore for the server, specifically for Wilven Monks, but often the team settled for silly easter egg hunt events that made no sense in roleplay. Ultimately this is a fantasy roleplay server, and events done by the CT should have to fit into the lore for the server.

Why the **** does CT do pastes? LOL

Ultimately, I felt the team was carried by competent managers who seemed unhappy with Hogo as their admin, as they all started to leave, so did I.

8 hours ago, Borin said:

Please take control of the wiki away from only community team. Make it a separate thing with specific people who know what they're doing and can competently use the English language.

Anyone can use the wiki lmao, Wiki team just does pages because nation leadership is too lazy to do their job.

Shitting on Josh because he's got the crazy dedication to Nani every last Wiki page is just rude. If you don't like it, help fix it.

If you get denied from every team you get the pink tag.

Usually the real cts are just normal players. When Vortex released CT didnt even bother to write a guide. When I have a question usually normal players answer and not CTs. The lotc discord is also usually pretty dead unless players iniate a conversation. New players are also usually shown around by the average joe and not cts 

The thing I liked though were the communitymeetings by muffins. But we dont have them either.

Always saw CT as the useless team that hides behind fake positivity. Think CT members should just be players that are known to help people with no app needed.

8 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Anyone can use the wiki lmao, Wiki team just does pages because nation leadership is too lazy to do their job.

Shitting on Josh because he's got the crazy dedication to Nani every last Wiki page is just rude. If you don't like it, help fix it.

You have completely missed my point.

'Wiki Team' have the ability to decide what goes on what and ultimately make decisions on what goes on big pages. Wiki members don't. 'Wiki Team' shouldn't be only a CT thing and should be given to those outside of the staff team who don't also want or aren't suited to doing all the other crap CT does.

Josh is fine at the community aspect of Community Team and his ideas on formatting things etc. What he is not good at is the writing, so recruit more people who can do that without having the restraints of having to apply for CT.
There are so many people who would be great at wiki team who simply don't want to have to join CT to do it. Make Wiki Team separate from CT.

something something make WT again and stop accepting terrible applications

Towards the topic of new players, I truly think CT should take a step further and actually help newer players learn HOW to roleplay. I think hosting classes on the do's and donts of roleplay could help make the server better as a whole. Instead of us all cringing at their lack-luster rp skills. I've personally helped new players learn how to roleplay simply because no one thinks it's their responsibility, and it really isn't anyone's responsibility but IT should be CT's. Newer players generally just don't get the nuances of roleplay coming from other servers or games that have a lower standard of roleplay and it shows when these players join and powergame and metagame without anyone telling them "Oh hey, actually you should do it this way or else it comes off as THIS." 

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, so TLDR:

CT should help newer players learn how to roleplay due to the learning curve and how often newer players are frowned upon for their lack of skills.