Eddywilson2’s 10+ Year AMA

Eddywilson2

Over 10 years. Sheesh. 

I don’t have a rant or any wisdom. LotC has always been a place to hangout with friends, go on adventure, and try new things. I’m very appreciative of this server, especially to the staff who constantly have seen over it. Whether you have a good opinion of them or not, they spend countless hours of their lives giving back to the server to keep it running. It’s no easy task. Thank you for doing so as long as you have.

I’d like this to be about memories. Share one of your favorite memories on the server. If I get a shoutout for being part of it, bonus points. Feel free to ask my anything if you’d like, but I’d rather spend this reliving memories.

Cheers, To Many More

-Eddywilson2

Petrus Watch Gang endures

Why are you the best?

hey i remember that time we did stuff, it was so cool

Can you dm me your mugshot after (allegedly) pvp defaulting that family of 4 back in 2015 after the Duke's War?

All the people eddy asked to disappear, I made happen what good times and all the Minas.

Hi Eddy! So I know you've seen a lot of wars. What were some of your favorite battles, and which were some of your least favorite?

Additionally, what are some of the fond memories that you've had throughout both Oren and Haense's long histories?

What's the thing that makes the nostalgia juices flow the most for you when you hear it?

Whats a sage piece of advice you have to give?

Who is eddywilson1

On 10/13/2022 at 6:35 PM, _Sug said:

Petrus Watch Gang endures

Gang Gang

On 10/13/2022 at 6:36 PM, Borin said:

how did it feel to stab that canadian guy in the back

#ItWasntASuicide

On 10/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, grnappa said:

Can you dm me your mugshot after (allegedly) pvp defaulting that family of 4 back in 2015 after the Duke's War?

Fake news, I gave one of the kids a chance to crp.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:36 PM, moosehunter123 said:

All the people eddy asked to disappear, I made happen what good times and all the Minas.

Yes, those times were very [redacted]

On 10/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, AndrewTech said:

Hi Eddy! So I know you've seen a lot of wars. What were some of your favorite battles, and which were some of your least favorite?

Additionally, what are some of the fond memories that you've had throughout both Oren and Haense's long histories?

My favorite battles that come to mind are ones that worked smoothly on the server. The Battle of the Dreadfort in 3.0 was epic and well done. The Teutonic Order assault on Acre in 2.0 was a blast (throwback to when we had cannons). My favorite war period was in Vailor between the Duke’s War, the Dreadlander Wars, and the Courlandic Wars. This period on lotc for me was is almost constant warfare with an incredible group of guys and gals. Brings people close.

My least favorite battle had to be the final warclaim of the Duke’s War. What was a decently run war (tensions were high on both sides OOCly), it came to an anticlimactic ending with an extremely laggy siege. The siege tower was TPed in randomly, lava was thrown everywhere, and the entire warclaim ended all at once when we all lagged out in lava. If I could cry over spilt milk, it’d be that one.

Top memories of Oren and Haense hmmm…. (In no particular order)

1. RPing as a new player in Renatus and Acre. Helping with the formation of Oren.

2. Early 3.0 Anthos. My favorite map. Ranger guild and the distinguished Kingdom of Telemar.

3. Late 3.0. Founding of House Othaman. First time playing a Northerner and leading wars against the Dwarves.

4. Fringe and temp maps. CHANGING MAPS IS THE BEST. Dynamic RP, super cool situations. Brothels getting banned, Adunians, and the founding of the Imperial Army were all highlights.

5. Establishment of early Haense with @Ark@JuliusAakerlund and @yopplwasupxxx

6. Early Dukes War, continuation of Haense with the boys @grnappa@moosehunter123 @Flapman @jamyei
 @Gridlock @Birdman@Birdnerdy  @ave_imperium@Shadowhunter464and many, many more

7. Gold Corps, establishment of Haense, the Northern Question, founding of the Kingdom of Haense.

@cruzazul
@Vege
@Pureimp10

@seannie

@6xdestroyer
@InfamousGerman

Just to name a few legends off the top of my head from then. 

8. Founding the 5th (and 6th, haters gonna hate) Empire. Humanity had been getting wrecked by Courlandic Coalitions. Unification of man. The fight back. 

@Thatpyrodude@nazdus @Tsuyose

9. Stewarding Haense. For many years, I played characters that were simply interested in helping Haense. Maybe a bit of OOC desire bleeding into RP, but it was a pleasure helping in various ways so Haense could continue to evolve under so many great folks. 

@Piov @Emenzi @AndrewTech

@Ark @Birdnerdy

10. The Rangers of Eastwood most recently. It was a nice break where we enjoyed RP, each other’s company, and the occasional piece of violence. Shoutout

@Harald @alicia @Ticklem0nster@Birdnerdy  @KBR @grnappa and many more

On 10/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, GMRO said:

What's the thing that makes the nostalgia juices flow the most for you when you hear it?

Whats a sage piece of advice you have to give?

Nostalgia wise, anything that has to do with creating something IRP. I’ve always viewed LotC as a sandbox to try new things, governments, cultures, leadership styles, etc. Whether it was the original conquest of Oren with Mog in the early days or the conquests that led to the establishment of Haense or the deeds of various Ranger groups throughout the server, that will always bring me nostalgia. 

Truthfully, the thing that brings me the most nostalgia and logging on and seeing Haense continue to be successful and thrive. It’s history and culture is incredible, and whenever I get the chance to log in and see someone else take that vision and make it their own, I can’t help but be happy. You’ve done a great job as king. Thank you for carrying on and growing to Haense’s legacy.

As for sage, that’ll be up to you to decide. My advice would be to experience everything LotC has to offer. Don’t trade IRL experiences for LotC. Don’t trade LotC for IRL experiences that do not help you grow. LotC is a lot like a small high school. Everyone may have an opinion about you, but those opinions won’t matter as soon as you shut down your computer. You are who you are. Use LotC to try to discover things about yourself you didn’t know were possible.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:30 PM, Emery said:

Who is eddywilson1

Gecko, and @Braxisalmost banned me for the misdeeds of the dastardly eddywilson1 while I was drunk at a bar.

1. What is your first memory of me

2. What is your favorite/iconic grnappa memory

11 hours ago, Eddywilson2 said:

Gang Gang

#ItWasntASuicide

Fake news, I gave one of the kids a chance to crp.

Yes, those times were very [redacted]

My favorite battles that come to mind are ones that worked smoothly on the server. The Battle of the Dreadfort in 3.0 was epic and well done. The Teutonic Order assault on Acre in 2.0 was a blast (throwback to when we had cannons). My favorite war period was in Vailor between the Duke’s War, the Dreadlander Wars, and the Courlandic Wars. This period on lotc for me was is almost constant warfare with an incredible group of guys and gals. Brings people close.

My least favorite battle had to be the final warclaim of the Duke’s War. What was a decently run war (tensions were high on both sides OOCly), it came to an anticlimactic ending with an extremely laggy siege. The siege tower was TPed in randomly, lava was thrown everywhere, and the entire warclaim ended all at once when we all lagged out in lava. If I could cry over spilt milk, it’d be that one.

Top memories of Oren and Haense hmmm…. (In no particular order)

1. RPing as a new player in Renatus and Acre. Helping with the formation of Oren.

2. Early 3.0 Anthos. My favorite map. Ranger guild and the distinguished Kingdom of Telemar.

3. Late 3.0. Founding of House Othaman. First time playing a Northerner and leading wars against the Dwarves.

4. Fringe and temp maps. CHANGING MAPS IS THE BEST. Dynamic RP, super cool situations. Brothels getting banned, Adunians, and the founding of the Imperial Army were all highlights.

5. Establishment of early Haense with @Ark@JuliusAakerlund and @yopplwasupxxx

6. Early Dukes War, continuation of Haense with the boys @grnappa@moosehunter123 @Flapman @jamyei@Birdnerdy  @ave_imperium@Shadowhunter464and many, many more

7. Gold Corps, establishment of Haense, the Northern Question, founding of the Kingdom of Haense.

@cruzazul
@Vege
@Pureimp10

@seannie

@6xdestroyer
@InfamousGerman

Just to name a few legends off the top of my head from then. 

8. Founding the 5th (and 6th, haters gonna hate) Empire. Humanity had been getting wrecked by Courlandic Coalitions. Unification of man. The fight back. 

@Thatpyrodude@nazdus @Tsuyose

9. Stewarding Haense. For many years, I played characters that were simply interested in helping Haense. Maybe a bit of OOC desire bleeding into RP, but it was a pleasure helping in various ways so Haense could continue to evolve under so many great folks. 

@Piov @Emenzi @AndrewTech

@Ark @Birdnerdy

10. The Rangers of Eastwood most recently. It was a nice break where we enjoyed RP, each other’s company, and the occasional piece of violence. Shoutout

@Harald @alicia @Ticklem0nster@Birdnerdy  @KBR @grnappa and many more

Nostalgia wise, anything that has to do with creating something IRP. I’ve always viewed LotC as a sandbox to try new things, governments, cultures, leadership styles, etc. Whether it was the original conquest of Oren with Mog in the early days or the conquests that led to the establishment of Haense or the deeds of various Ranger groups throughout the server, that will always bring me nostalgia. 

Truthfully, the thing that brings me the most nostalgia and logging on and seeing Haense continue to be successful and thrive. It’s history and culture is incredible, and whenever I get the chance to log in and see someone else take that vision and make it their own, I can’t help but be happy. You’ve done a great job as king. Thank you for carrying on and growing to Haense’s legacy.

As for sage, that’ll be up to you to decide. My advice would be to experience everything LotC has to offer. Don’t trade IRL experiences for LotC. Don’t trade LotC for IRL experiences that do not help you grow. LotC is a lot like a small high school. Everyone may have an opinion about you, but those opinions won’t matter as soon as you shut down your computer. You are who you are. Use LotC to try to discover things about yourself you didn’t know were possible.

Gecko, and @Braxisalmost banned me for the misdeeds of the dastardly eddywilson1 while I was drunk at a bar.

Been your loyal rabid lapdog since I first joined the server and not even an honorable mention smh.