An Advneture [PK]

JuztLizzy

aefe24eb1fc2dfaa83e43ee497302e9d.jpg

It all started when a poor girl met a curious boy…

“Hallo.” He greeted with a small smile, offering a curt nod.

“Zdravo” the girl greeted back.

The girl introduced herself quite formally, though her curtsy seemed out of practice..

She said that she was looking to find work soon, and so the boy said..

“Ich vish du great luck zhen. Vhat do du like to do vhen ihr nicht busy vith title zhings?”  

The Girl shrugged “ja help my Majka work. Not much fun though….”

To which the boy responded…

“Do du vant to maybe do something fun? Ich don't have anything to do right now and ich don't have to be home for a couple of hours.”

“Something fun? Sure, like what?” The girl tilted her head slightly.

“Ve could go somevhere, take a little adventure, get out Haense for a little vhile.”

“Alright then, lead the way. Ja haven't gone far from Haense” she pat her dress and moved to follow The Boy

Adventure…yes, it was their adventure.

Dijana lay coughing in their bed, sweat dripping down her forehead as her breathing became scarce. Adrian was sitting beside her, having her hand in his, a worried expression washing over his features. Over the past few weeks, Dijana has been coughing blood, and growing warmer and sicker, until now. Doctors were sought after but they could not find a cure, sadly saying that her time was near. 

Dijana knew this from the beginning, and so she tried to spend as much time with her family as she could, laughing with her children, feasting with friends, and adventuring with her husband, Adrian, who was talking with Viktoriya, who was standing at the edge of the bed, Dijana could faintly hear their words, her mind clouded from the sickness.

It wasn’t often to see Viktoriya as disheveled as she was standing at the edge of the bed with Adrian. Pacing back and forth to aid in comforting the slowly dying woman. “There’s niething ea ca do, niet now..” Sighing and gesturing to her fingers, laced in papercuts from long nights of flipping through pages. “Ea don’t think there’s anything to do.” She told Adrian, taking a seat at the side of Dijana, dabbing the sweat on her forehead with a cold, dampened towel. “Make her comfortable, is all ea can advise, Adrian.” Looking between the couple with an indescribable pain in her eyes. “.. Ea’m sorry.” 

Adrian ran his hand through his once dark brown hair, the sliver streaks starting to show through, “It’s too soon for mein vife to pass.” He softly spoke to Viktoriya, shaking his head, the tears welled behind his eyes but a single tear has yet to fall. - For he needed to be strong for his dying wife and for their children, “Ich truly loved mein vife, I shouldn’t have treated her the way that I did in our younger years.” A heavy sigh escapes the man as he moves to take a seat at her bedside, a hand reaching to take Dijana’s. “Zhe kinder vill find out soon, Ich vant du zhere vhen Ich tell zhem.” He said to Viktoriya, using his free hand to gently run through his wife’s hair. “Ich vill always love du, mein liebe.” He slowly leans forward to place a kiss on her forehead, his thumb gently rubbing small circles on the back of her hand.

Dijana let out in a raspy voice, “ja’m sorry, moja love…ja have to cut our adventure…short..” she heaved after every word, trying her best to get the words out. She looked up at Adrian, tears forming in her eyes as she took in his features, never once growing bored of them. She memorized his eyes, his nose, his hair, his lips. Everything. “Tell the children their majka loved them very much…they made this adventure truly worth it…” her breathing began to slow down, she reached a hand up weakly to cup Adrian’s cheek “ja…ja love eym..” Her hand slowly started to fall limp.

Adrian slowly shifted to sit next to his dying wife, gently picking up her head to rest on his lap, “Du know ich am going to miss du?” He said with a soft but pained chuckle, leaning his head back to rest against the wall, “Don’t start zhe next adventure vithout me, vait for me.” He continued to softly speak as he felt Dijana’s body go limp, “Ich am going to see du soon again.” Adrian knew that this was going to be the last conversation with his wife, he shakes his head, blinking back the tears, “Ich love du, mein love.” He softly spoke for the last time, now bearing the burden of taking care of their little family. 

And wait she will do. Dijana would continue to watch over her family from above, waiting for her husband to begin their new adventure.

Spoiler

Thank you do everyone that I rped wit hon Dijana, she was sucha joy! She was my first official Haense character and certainly not my last. Im sad about pking her but it had to be done gn!

Adrian silently wept for his dying wife, watching her slowly pass in her arms, he once more fell silent, the same as he did many years ago...

He took some time to collect himself before setting off to Reinmar, looking for his Eldest. "Alexandra, your mutter is off to start her next adventure." He said to her, watching her drop to her knees, as a father he knew he had to be strong for his children, so he went to her, pulling her into a warm embrace, "I know it hurts, it gets better over time." He softly told her. However what the others around him didn't know, it would be the start of his very own downfall.

Viktoriya walked slowly back to Reinmar after helping care for Dijana in her last moments. She prepared a dark dress for the new time of mourning and readied herself to take care of the von Audrick children like she'd always done. "Rest easy, mea dear.. Ea'll take care of things for vy here." She murmured to the sky.