The study of Canonist buildings

Rattussmackus

The study of Canonist buildings

by Sylvia von Reuss

YUUVHYB8pA0-JpNh-cjRZG6lGw3AMJrp42fzS93NDreRXDUAmWMckKsYWwmMFM24EacyNI3AMT2MjCZBm5hbpoGLsB38rkAJjZ_4zyylY2mYwR6SC9ErUpeuWb7HYga5QPEACnRps80jXYO0V_nmKRzdiJIFKxyLf574k8Ocs2nD73qPKiGYq7-yQA

A portrait of Sylvia herself

Preamble.

I am Sylvia Louise von Reuss, I’m quite bored as I sit in my family home, so I decided to go to each canonist city and look at their churches. This is what I thought of each.

Cathedral of Saint Alexander of Furnestock - Sedan

Upon looking at its exterior I was in awe, it was clear this place was large without even going inside. The building towered above my head looking like it would touch the seven skies without trying. It had an appealing and sleek look, and it was apparent I would enjoy the interior just by looking at the outside.

Stepping inside confirmed my immediate assumptions, a red carpet cloaked the walk to the altar and pillars lined each side of the pews, curving together in an arch. I slowly walked down the aisle after cleaning my hands in the cauldron and knelt in a silent prayer for a few minutes.

The large cross of Lorraine loomed over my head and I felt this place had done GOD justice, I felt at peace the entire time. I silently left after my business was finished, leaving quite satisfied with my experience.

Spoiler

CvN5PL3PDesSiDxRRZpgKwbPGO6vL3X6e4YaOMFkdCSX9KkqmEyWPquUEslL5y7NI2zobmNG26AZyAo70_aVd88lM-AI-GzMh3iIx_qZ5FiOrcPRH2-_yvwIf_sQ4zzm9jLhYFtbeK4bCB_4j-KHVD1LEYwojwqvmgzsmZ3ooms-2VC6uckJKeMMKg

COjlgiYn3jtkqYMMf0OyNFOU6JaSA4t8ToAywIe76kvnQSPJi3JRaInAHec7b9nuEm99BAkyXJeyL2_F5-RrHwaQT-FKDlK4RFhV_PWZHQiTM2oIniC4q0bJV0h8X5H0DL3fNh7XCZqrzOWYmFu13IRCre5a1HqoH_m25QJ0aZd9oAxxj8ZmCycMsw

Chapel of Saint Emma of Woldzmir - Petra

It was already predicted that the scale of Petra’s Chapel would be much smaller than Sedan’s Cathedral but that wasn’t going to down my mood. The outside of the chapel was a bright white and the sun bounced off of the walls. I felt guilty about going to Sedan’s Cathedral beforehand because it made everything pale in comparison including this building, but I shook off that feeling and stepped inside.

Upon entering I washed my hands in the basin provided and as soon as I did the rain came pouring down and beat on the roof. I looked around with the therapeutic sound and took note of the candles for the lost, mumbling a small prayer for those that were lit.

The walls were lined with paintings of the exalted and a Saint and I walked the short carpet to the altar, kneeling and whispering a brief prayer. After I had risen to my feet I was greeted by a priest, I informed him of what I was doing, and we had a conversation about the Chapel which certainly brightened my mood. He told me of other buildings I should travel to, and I soon departed.

Spoiler

TY1zziqN7_HZXbqEgc44hyjCt_TeB-bGwpCuQmnrcw18JYr_dfy9SkRVS6IQ5II3gfBgz_cqeWzclnUs0x9RnC1aXhJfAjq-HGwmS7jzlyfU_hK5Ji6Fkq5vIM0vpL3jFkF4EVqmlmP4sFL0zxr2Q_n0CjrBq4m0ZhPurCIBGVTSDkpaidMLMj_d9A

8DWfgjAFfbg6m0zDfnNux6ghnxkKT4SREpxxDbdyqQNS6sCC-lQXet7qxoxlQ-vzRdh_TWS9uq7UKbNq5KpZQ9faWuoPBM_QaLjGM9BH_Pw8paK1rcu1ik9YA7GmsuPYQ0h4YNnXL8x2JRM_DMXiirH97wPp_w5gZrI8BAD3HG5DiWh9XAn3tmb7kw

Ruins of Vienne

I was incredibly surprised that most of the Chapel was still standing since almost every other building had collapsed in on itself. Gazing on the outside it looked almost intact, part of the tower had fallen but aside from that it was normal and stood above you in all its glory.

I entered with my hand held above my head, a permanent worry that I could be killed by one of the wooden beams. Grass grew between the cracks of the red brick leading to the altar and it gave a welcomed sense of calm, life growing through tragedy was the only thought that came to mind.

I was rained on quite heavily as I read each of the carvings talking of GOD on the wall and it certainly dampened my mood along with my clothes. I kneeled in a puddle as I prayed, and I felt a deep sense of sadness. Even the house of GOD isn’t safe from war and treason.

Spoiler

LfD-r0XnFDr18-TlC6V6wB4euQFLG5sXtd0p_NhJEOpOpA6HBAWmsWuVp60w4-AMhVErQB4pC-3dKsrKq-wtJxVnqIaxqnQQGE8JsFKb6fPeEzH85-4iEUDY6pjOLw1EbKfn2qu_kyK8HMxt56ZWhsSqak68mMj_pEJN3unEoDy0jstW7oLGjpa8Cw

rQQYXPhpDID5KJlYJ9DOU5rQ5ZPDirxYXXj2ox3PPkfmcTNsGRDHGz1gOO0IjqZe-96lpv69p_XF1TjKGLChZzzXxscgpbvnEJldSWAx1Q23jz6sF3T2QclE7GJgB55-mp09txBA-582tIVrR0JKDI0nBSn4VEWtkKj4gMEJtpI9rl4x1Big8bta8w

Chapel of St. Alexander - Castille

After warming myself up in their empty tavern (and dumping the water out of my boots) I eventually found their chapel. Eventually being the word used because at first, I thought it was a house. I stared at it for a while trying to figure out why the style was chosen before deciding the rain is too much to contemplate.

I tried the doors and realised they were locked, just my luck. I turned on my heel and left deciding the interior was probably just as mundane as the exterior.

Spoiler

dCa_PEqodWdFL_vNM0fxIdoWKX9Slxiggwec2inUTgaPoqsSVoP6g94Sgu_NheRbKgFo-6bwZUyCfmcYHQiwj6UTRGAIhPbgqv6YGaIF4NfkJxSzMD0mz4Z6tgk1vTquRzNZOqxMvMNeToSa51ytij-hmHCQPyIV2-eW9rQDx7ois6zZNI7w_FhB_Q

Chapel of Saint Ottomar of Merryweather - Corwinsburg

The walk up to the Chapel was a taxing one as only the moonlight guided my path, but it was a journey worth paying for. The chapel sat atop a hill and looked over a majestic view and I knew immediately I’d enjoy my visit.

The inside was small and humbling, and I decided to pray whilst perched on a pew. A brief look at its interior made me know it wasn’t much but it was loved and cared for. I had obviously washed my hands beforehand, and my fingers traced the few paintings they had on their chapel walls.

‘No art is alike to His boundless ability’ Spirit 6:18

Spoiler

JggQS5WD4vfA5ADrjNneW0F9OPIxcrC4fapY1I5B7ImWtqGKenDsEJ-Z4vL4iWlBjwkrWvaeWfavvuERCxN7SvuJ-0QUSfUgnV35Pqch_8iBGnHxnZX2yf2Wt3nyaeEsLsoSGT_IacmdJ0aP3YgaaauMu2e4iAQ2xixbdimUkJGeP9QlvnTQ9Vm86g

M3gAszM6Pehegf6f3AL8iT33ZTms0Zk5C7c1JESI3K66YHBDB9Q8RdNmlkwB4OBMpW1Vj_7AAqT4VYVs0wolNIK1zueDH5Sx58sKKrSp8J5vli22tOeIJhnKD6YSwkod_O0R95yuChMWO1R8w0GBwTp0uU6z7I5NKZF40JLAcmLYdRfMBgzeQVduKg

The Chapel of Saint Waldo Y de Magdalena - Acre

Well, travelling through all that wheat certainly didn’t do my lungs any good but after a bit of searching, I found their Chapel. I say a bit of searching because I first thought their Chapel was a clinic with the banner outside but after actually using my eyes, I read the sign and saw it was indeed a Chapel. A large cross touch the skies and it does capture everything you’d say a Chapel is.

When I went inside, I was quite startled by how bare it looked, it seemed to have zero pews and I was left scratching my head for a while but nonetheless, I followed my ritual of walking down the aisle and kneeling before the altar to pray.

Although I couldn’t shake the uneasiness of being in Acre from my body despite being in a place of worship, I just felt my back was too bare and it was difficult to focus on my prayer as I kept looking over my shoulder. I’d say if there wasn’t such unrest between my home and theirs, I’d feel more peaceful. It’s my own fault the place feels so grim.

Spoiler

M1zbrODJbGCcBA-caZiI9AZLkY9DgMQd1I04DgAxynO2Kdw5YNYmpd68Rnljtzzgx22GLo7GVKe1H0-HZ8joQAjwL7CwbWZ_x83AMytOBxBmMnYka091yVEdGJzD2kFu2DdQiYWnlG62E0ItGUygm1LppcU9kztdVfEKPmX11HPpJ6NSnWOqXVdGbg

79ZGEdCMKkFmToR0cEvs8i4oTEPlQSiKOiSwzBArEQ8Rfjc3QgygUNJGhoEUdy1qLxCaTBjfo5sUMnv_Lu7RgyBFqIcEcMeyzOkecVahdolHCaTgQDYNk__a11M3DdvN3Waq16lgh_aC3esHWsh3LgGmGotcOQx5v3TKp8QwsFTWVkiKY5XEwkbpUg

Basilica La Sorella - Balian

The Basilica is quite clearly the vocal point of Balian, it’s the first thing your eyes catch onto as you gaze down the street. I was pleased by the exterior though, of course, everything was much of the same. All were plain but all got the point across.

As I entered the interior, I found myself frowning quite hard, the colours felt too much, and they didn’t blend well with each other. It was quite distracting as I walked the aisle, and I felt a great sickness when looking at the walls.

My footsteps echoed as I reached the altar and knelt down, mumbling a soft prayer. It was rather peaceful and the only sound to be heard was the wind gently pushing through the building, my body appearing as though it was a wall as it wrapped around me.

I covered the sides of my face as I exited, it was quite clear that I heavily disliked the colour orange, and they had a lot of it.

Spoiler

WB-Xk8CtEtPt-HOnV8f4iugyZDqTZmrcvMxrfWufzJBXoNZDYzm4zX-R0q_0zzF4uvaXZJaeqZAaW97vkcLcwqO2rQ0Jk7cM2l3wiffn5_jRvKBir1B6gGJCbipS7A6Uo5dWbWgoFQy19BpqNrqeqBPaoFAvCrY7ITplPlCFaMr8eXD5SdaZjSHBCQ

d4fllbLF46kmHnjDUHFhfOz1LutVSx20aQxnevNJPevh0dJNjaD9QGiZ8gRmW2K5wA1_lVvyTTFRTX_nLzHoc3jXtaGZFR6keXLsK2R1j20XJTFtbX_s3LpFjogZjAyIOnnOkB4XPnumt8Y7wzobU-G3q-iu2QJCKteQ11YQx2Eaw4p4K6qPM5zygg

Bazylike Svankt Henriko - Haense

This Basilica was one the Father suggested after I commented on Petra’s publicity of holy men, and it certainly didn’t disappoint. It began to rain as I looked upon its tall and imposing frame and it certainly beckoned me inside considering the lack of warmth on the outside.

The red interior was warm and welcoming, and I was in awe as I walked across the huge mirror that reflected the ceiling. I took a moment to stand there and fully take it all in. I was amazed and I felt genuine joy in its presence. I felt this truly was a place of worship.

I finally dragged myself down the aisle, practically tearing my eyes away from all the sights, it was almost overwhelming, but I managed to do it. I knelt down on the aurum line and paid my respects. 

Haense had done well to leave me in awe but gosh does their weather suck.

Spoiler

vxowCSO0uR08NSwT7qD8cLyaoI87cS4e3W_WyatnF5vzRAxkjO-qX_59KCmLetbVrRh4uNyziVen6worAkn7Kvk_RdCTWwOZ1CUgQBkzC14liqOGTEkkg_Sz1OR_4dE--wbRT30uZmAcA25tP1vqrz4anha6hoKZqL6_M3wVoSOCpGF9H0ct7ND9Cg

KkPBtr_CauRKsL3LuzHszQ52ygF6Jb741Nlg72joMtvewD8eSwP3lvf5kvCPgKRQqzOJD7SRxoQ9RHYlb8uFVbzoWHAkam4kUvWpr1RoytEtIzNNT8N9mHUDsjRaC0hE5FPqjCfsxqdyAZv55-9kMk848Fjhmth1Vwr2nTzjcZeFbMxadTdtX84TEg

Conclusion.

After spending several days traversing, the land and seeing all the holy places I could, I left for home satisfied and complete. I felt I had done God great respect with each prayer I spoke, and it was nice seeing all the different people from all the different cities. I can never pick a favourite because they all got their point across.

Spoiler

OOC: Obviously I couldn’t do all of them cause most were behind gates (please let me in, I just want to rate your church) but all the buildings listed were incredibly made, if any of the comments were negative it’s because Sylvia was a teen when making this and teens usually hate everything. I mean no actual hate for anyone named and I usually hate religious RP but I thought this would be fun and it was. Have a good one! (Ps: I’m very slowly losing my mind.)

Athri gave some slight nods at the missive. "Brave to judge their chapels." She'd laugh to herself, moving on to place the missive into a book, and thereon into a bookshelf within the Velenic library.

Spoiler

im also going crazy

The Margrave of Velen peered through his Daughter’s writing, a smile formed upon his visage. He was truly proud that the education he got for her has paid off!

Petyr wonders why the author felt it particularly necessary to provide a portrait of themselves in their "study"; which he felt like was more so just an observation rather than an actual study on the buildings. Regardless, knowing of these other churches now, he would lightly consider the possibility of going on a pilgrimage of sorts to these places when he is older.

6 hours ago, Crevel said:

Petyr wonders why the author felt it particularly necessary to provide a portrait of themselves in their "study";

Spoiler

I'm trying to figure out if you've ever read a book before or not

The High Pontiff received a dozen papers from a courier who presented him with the ongoings of Almaris during his journey home from Formosa. Among the papers was a copy of the von Reuss' travels.

"In her studies of the temples to God, she has completed her own pilgrimage..." thought Pontian IV. He set the paper aside and continued taking in the news from the continent he had been absent from for two years now.