[✗] [Alchemy Addition] Draconic Alchemy

Qizu

12 minutes ago, Qizu said:

The bone dance was made off of the abilities that a corrupted azdrazi can use. They can transform the bones and flames within their own body to make any creation of themselves that they wish. Essentially this creates a replica of the corrupted flames and is a mimic of what corrupted azdrazi do. I can't say that I didn't expect a lot of backlash from it though. 

Got no clue where to find that in corrupted lore, though then again I don't often look at dragon lore, just saw this and thought I would skim it over. So if you have a quote or something you could show, that would be dope, but yeah I just don't see why a potion would be able to realistically do this. WIthout use of life-force that is, since anything undead related, usually more often then not holds life-force. So unless you added liquid life-force within it, I just don't see it feasiblly working. 

As for the naming for the smoke one, just a random name that I thought of, but Serpents Story could work. 

As for too many Aether Reagents, I hear you on that, could always work on changing the Nephilim blood from an AetherxFire, to instead maybe a WaterxFire since I don't think any of those exist. Could be wrong though. 

25 minutes ago, SilvertheGM said:

Its an interesting lore piece, though truthfully the Bone Dance one is the only one I've a gripe with, considering I don't see why a azdrazi or corrupted azdrazi would raise and animate skeletons. Just feels likes it intruding upon Necromancy cantrip branding, with no theme and thematic about it besides. "Glowing fire skeleton."

Saw the above post as well, and thought I should submit one of the correct snippets of Cantrip Branding.

"By using branding, a necromancer is capable of raising embalmed corpses and skeletons to work as their assistants and janitors outside of combat. There are tools for different tasks, as a few undead rats will be quite useful in retrieving bone matter and viscera from a gutter- but a full sized human will not. As these animations are purely non-combat, anything relating to combat including traps, pit falls, etc are unable to be constructed by these undead. In addition, if combat is to ever start in the vicinity of a risen cadaver, it will immediately fall inert as the Necromancer’s attention is then focused on their oculus, or on a branded combat animation. Cantrip branding may be used in tandem with oculus bound undead, up until combat starts in their vicinity. Anything larger than a descendant is unable to be risen by the cantrip, requiring the handling force of an oculus to restrain the creature. As for miniscule creatures, ‘swarms’ of risen insects may be no larger than a human’s head, whereas rodents and other small fauna may range in their numbers, but are limited to the mass of a human. Notable as well is that swarms of creatures operate in a hivemind, unable to work as individuals in any regard."

Though I'm always a fan of aesthetic potions like the Smoke Horrors, I feel like it should be re-named to something more dragon themed. Considering the name does not at all entail what it does, at least reading it.  Likewise the Dragon Dreaming and Hoarders Embrace are cool potions, honestly don't have much to say about them. 

Something I would suggest, is changing Aurum flakes from just earth, to also making it purely Aether or a EarthxAether mix. Considering during the alchemical extraction process, you utilize aurum tools to extract Aether reagents. 

Other then that, like to see more reagents and reasons to go Dragon Hunting for parts, and seeing how those ingredients could shine in potential future pieces. 

Uuu I just saw your updated post. It is pretty much the same thing so I'll have to make some changes. Thank you <3 !

The inclusion of bone dance was me hoping to incorporate corrupted Nephilim into the lore piece, if you have any ideas on how to do so I am always welcome to hearing them! @SilvertheGM@Valannor

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.