[Amendment] Transfiguration; Lesser, Potent and Grand Enchantments

ronin_champloo

@PXYDid you add this section afterwards?

"- Should the enchantment be a shield-based, barrier spell; it will last indefinitely during the combative encounter unless dealt with." 
If so, you just made the shield spells better through the use of enchantments compared to that of voidal mages.

As the voidal mages need to concentrate during the entire duration of the shield spells, sometimes with reduced movement. Seems to go against your point? 

As for aiming the projectile spell, how does one aim with an amulet?

The two opinions on this post are as seen bellow:

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Samler said:

"- Should the enchantment be a shield-based, barrier spell; it will last indefinitely during the combative encounter unless dealt with." 
If so, you just made the shield spells better through the use of enchantments compared to that of voidal mages.

As the voidal mages need to concentrate during the entire duration of the shield spells, sometimes with reduced movement. Seems to go against your point? 

Illusion enchantments are better than illusion magic also,

Casting is limited to emotes. Enchantments limited to narrative time.

Anyway, a fix will come to that soon. To the actual shield thing, maybe put it will last indefinitely unless dealt with while in a area of greater mana, eg- mana obelisk. Similar to illusion enchantments.

52 minutes ago, E__V__O said:

Illusion enchantments are better than illusion magic also,

Casting is limited to emotes. Enchantments limited to narrative time.

Anyway, a fix will come to that soon. To the actual shield thing, maybe put it will last indefinitely unless dealt with while in a area of greater mana, eg- mana obelisk. Similar to illusion enchantments.

Sad to hear illusion enchantments are better than illusion magic. :(

Tho I thought the idea of this amendment was to make mages better than their enchantments? Seems if shields last indefinitely in the area of greater mana, it's just the edge enchantments needed to become better than mages at their limited spell pool.

2 minutes ago, Samler said:

Sad to hear illusion enchantments are better than illusion magic. :(

Tho I thought the idea of this amendment was to make mages better than their enchantments? Seems if shields last indefinitely in the area of greater mana, it's just the edge enchantments needed to become better than mages at their limited spell pool.

The way I look at it, the story team or more specifically PXY is looking at voidal magic and potential fixes/amendments to the overall magic system.

If we provide feedback it can assist them and the team looking into things for future assistance. This amendment is only tackling the enchantment portion of transfiguration magic. To which if we provide feedback and suggestions could be something the team looks into within the future or currently for changes.

Having amended to state that warding shields last indefinitely unless dealt with is a buff to enchantments but that doesn't prevent another addition to state if you cast whilst in greater mana the spell will do the same. It'll take a charge/mana to build up but when cast if within a greater source of mana lasts indefinitely unless dealt with.

13 hours ago, Samler said:

thought that's what you wanted in your prior post, but now it's removed :)

17 hours ago, Samler said:

Then I would suggest you look at Arcane Focus instead, 2 emote teleport 24 followed by a 3 emote 64 teleport and BAM, out of combat before anyone can catch you.

furthermore, like I said before -- this is the issue. If there's something broken or abuseable within lore, why doesn't the community try to amend or fix it? That's an issue, I suggest you push something out to try and sort out the problem rather than waiting for someone to do so

the best part abt lotc lore is that anyone within the community can add to it

1 emote lesser enchantment is a good addition, and can provide easier flavour roleplay, which would be great. The rest of the additions though, not only would weaken the voidal enchantments as a whole, but also don't quite make sense lore-wise. I presumd that the addition of emotes to enchantments is a toll for the users that don't have as developed mana pool as the mages themselves. However, it doesn't really matter since the voidal enchantments are based on the creation of an artificial mana pool, which doesn't entail the necessity of it being constantly recharged by someone else's mana. That is why sometimes enchantments were used as traps (or so i was told), obelisks don't require a group of mages to constantly refuel it, and so forth.

Not only that, but the general amount of emotes required for enchantments is already bigger than that of a voidal mage due to the need of activating them every time, which means you cannot teleport every emote or so, constantly shoot spikes, etc. Not to say that enchantments can't be used in a destructive fashion, but to be fair, everything can be utilized that way, and you just need a bit of brain power to come up with those things. 

I scrolled through the comments, and it seems that some people think voidal magic is bad right now, which is not true. The lore it already has right now is quite good, and the usage just depends on how far you can extend your imagination and creativity while abiding the redlines.

Also, wanted to mention that illusion enchantments are actually weaker than the magic due to them generally being more prone to flickering, usable only once 24 hours, and being less diverse than the magic itself. 

Spoiler

image.png.51e978f645ba8ee7ccf95b1409eeb507.png

20 hours ago, Samler said:

Then I would suggest you look at Arcane Focus instead, 2 emote teleport 24 followed by a 3 emote 64 teleport and BAM, out of combat before anyone can catch you.

3 and 4 emotes if you're not connected or somehow get disconnected - also reminder that there are the specific amount of shifts for Translo mages so they cant just cast over and over, the "64 block teleport" takes up a total of 2 shifts. Also, just cause you can do it doesn't mean it's always possible, you still need to have line of sight to your anchor, which makes the longer teleports harder because you're not always in an open field with nothing blocking your sight

3 hours ago, PXY said:

thought that's what you wanted in your prior post, but now it's removed :)

furthermore, like I said before -- this is the issue. If there's something broken or abuseable within lore, why doesn't the community try to amend or fix it? That's an issue, I suggest you push something out to try and sort out the problem rather than waiting for someone to do so

the best part abt lotc lore is that anyone within the community can add to it

I didn't want that, was simply a missunderstanding, just tried to point out the extra casting time would make shields useless as enchantments. ^.^

As for the arcane focus translo shenanigans, it's not something I have access to as water evo + transfiq, I have 3 spells which gets touched by the arcane focus range, 1 which is so bad that it can't see use, another entirely useless if a person has armor and the 3'rd which doesn't get OP by the extra range. (looking at you my lovely water wave)

I feel that the debate on speaking of different magic and comparing them is becoming whole comments and decisive comments between others.

As PXY stated anyone can write lore to assist/fix the issues. I will put in that you don't necessarily require the magic/lore to do so.

It all goes through the same vote. Goodluck gamers.

Just say that enchantments give people temporary Voidal Degradation for the remainder of the RP. Either way, enchant spam OR plate armor will disappear for average players.

Johann sent me this so I’m obligated to comment.

Honestly this should be treated on a case by case basis (e.g. you make shield-esque spells take too long to charge, they’re gonna become useless in combat.) Better yet, maybe add only a 1-2 emote non-void mage additional charge for spells T4 and T5. Most of the useful bread-and-butter enchantments are T3. Making someone charge 4 emotes to activate a fire sword is a little ridiculous.

Concept isn’t bad, I just wouldn’t blanket it on all combative enchantments like this.

Edited by IsaaKc

Amendments/Additions implemented into main lore post. 

Only implemented Lesser Enchantment addition as rest is impossible to fix/moderate without a complete wipe of countless items on-map.