THE TREATY OF ATRUS

GMRO

“How about…und I know this is a crazy concept to du, how about du mind dein own damn business?” Screams a certain youth from Aaun, her footsteps heard stomping around her family’s keep as she goes to find her father.

@Optimus420

The news travelled swiftly through the city of Atrus, gossip spreading across winesinks and markets like wildfire. Oliveira, a lowborn Balianese corporal, heard about the result of congress after-the-fact from his colleagues in the army - he had been assigned to keep watch on the parapets and so had missed the dialogue in the Palatio Monterosa.

“So much for the dragon of Alstion!” laughed Oliveira in the taverna that night, “This one is more akin to a worm, verily!” 

A roar of laughter emerged from the group of rough-hewn soldiers. 

“Worms don’t run, they wriggle. And that family are more bandits and hill-folk now than anything else. Their legacy is long lost,” dismissed the battalion’s resident know-it-all, the bespectacled and humourless Mazalin.

The third soldier, Neziera, chastised him with a gentle knock. “Lighten up! Besides, our prince Constantine spoke well and true. The pride of Balian, that one.”

Ember looks upon the political page of the random news paper which landed in Amethea. She saw the treaty one which she shook her head at “We can’t relate” she said as she flipped the page

Samuel Vuiller looks unto the page as he sits in haense, hearing the gossips and talks as he chuckled and began to walk towards the gates “Ah well…. Never thought they cross the rubicon”

"One minute they are scolding acre for attempting to kill a noble in balian, the next are helping them rebel against the people they put on the throne of Aaun...I must say they confuse me" A young woman would sigh as she read the missive before continuing to look after her young children

54 minutes ago, Rattussmackus said:

“How about…und I know this is a crazy concept to du, how about du mind dein own damn business?” Screams a certain youth from Aaun, her footsteps heard stomping around her family’s keep as she goes to find her father.

@Optimus420

Leopold looked to his daughter, the grizzled veteran Margrave let out a long a sigh before saying, "Mein daughter, du will find some volk are nicht as bright nor quiet as others. We must remain focused und look to the future and ensure our path forward." 

1 hour ago, Nathan_Barnett36 said:

"Why are we trying to get involved in yet another war. This is clearly where it is going, why get involved in an internal war. It is a waste of our resources, our army and our time" says Bult Wick, preparing to board up his home once again for the inevitable world war

Thomas Talbot overheard the Wick, offering him a spare board and a handful of nails.

”Nobody thinks like you my friend, they get involved with wars without thinking of the cost on the populace! No, they get involved in these wars for clicks and fortune! For claims of war! They don’t care about the story nor the very nature of the conflict itself, they determine conflicts purely through discordant notes rang in their heads! Nothing is real, this is all FAKE!”

"Mi gente will end up indebted to the Haensi hegemon and damn our farmstead...." Father Toni of Acre lamented, remembering years before back in Frederick's war when Haensemen sided with pagan dwarves to raid fellow faithful. "Our confederacy elects a King, now Kings decide whether we are given peace or de sword."