[✓] [Creature Lore] Epiphytes, The Dryad Curse

ClassyDryad

Super excited to see this play out! It better pass!!

It is stated that an alchemical herb can be a fae plant, however never specify if the fae plant retains its symbols / signs to use in alchemy.

4 hours ago, ClassyBells said:
  • The chosen fae plant cannot be a plant which is rare enough to require an event to acquire or possess any magical properties. For instance, a voidal reagent or ashwood tree can never be a fae plant, while alchemical herbs can.

• Medicinal, toxic, or alchemic properties of a chosen fae plant are not inherited by the epiphyte.

In the quote above, it isn't stated explicitly thatt hey do not carry signs / symbols over. Whereas in the quote below it does in the ability 'Budding'. Can you rephrase the redline to specify as it can be interpreted differently.

Replicated herbs do not possess any of the alchemical signs or uses of their original herb. For instance, drake's tail cannot be processed for neither the base nor the signs of a blasting potion.

In addition, it comes to queation that the CA is also made of the plant matter of your fae plant. Again no redlines stating it doesn't contain the alchemical symbols / signs.

Epiphytes exist essentially as a collection of plant material which bears a close resemblance to their original self. Despite this similar appearance, not one part of their body is of their old descendant self, all fundamentally remade out of the same material as their fae plant.

Also why are ashwood tree seed not be allowed as it doesn't require ST overview to acquire now?

Love that it's getting a re-write, I know there's been a lot of questions surrounding it!

Question though, I might have missed it.

When an Epiphyte is killed via normal descendant death, I didn't see the section that explains what happens when they are 'reborn' as I assume they are born from their own plant and not the cloud temple? Just a small thing. I know in some lore there are CA's that also have a 'death cool-down' meaning they cant be 'reborn' right away, but need to wait an hour or so before they can or somesuch.

34 minutes ago, E__V__O said:

It is stated that an alchemical herb can be a fae plant, however never specify if the fae plant retains its symbols / signs to use in alchemy.

In addition, it comes to queation that thr CA is also made of the plant matter of your fae plant. Again no redlines stating it doesn't contain the alchemical symbols / signs.

In this context, you can technically harvest these fae creatures for alchemical needs?

Also why are ashwood tree seed not be allowed as it doesn't require ST overview to acquire now?

The last redline of fae plants specifically says they can't be used for alchemic purposes, even for bases. This is also stated under budding. Essentially epiphytes can't replicate anything alchemical about plants (though their skin and blood possess alchemic properties of you'd like to refrence cannibal and sylvian alchemy.)

Ashwoods trees aren't allowed due to the fire property and their extremely durable bark, I'd be abused if allowed.

16 minutes ago, ItsMyWorld66 said:

Love that it's getting a re-write, I know there's been a lot of questions surrounding it!

Question though, I might have missed it.

When an Epiphyte is killed via normal descendant death, I didn't see the section that explains what happens when they are 'reborn' as I assume they are born from their own plant and not the cloud temple? Just a small thing. I know in some lore there are CA's that also have a 'death cool-down' meaning they cant be 'reborn' right away, but need to wait an hour or so before they can or somesuch.

I believe this is explained in the redlines or the lore, but epiphyte rebirth isn't a death in itself. Should they die a normal death they will be resurrected by the monks like anyone else. Rebirth is more of a life cycle kind of thing.

8 minutes ago, ClassyBells said:

Ashwoods trees aren't allowed due to the fire property and their extremely durable bark, I'd be abused if allowed.

Focused on this part and reason, the other prior points addressed. 

Are all Implemented Trees/Flora able to become Fae Plants, except for Ashwood trees?

For example, 

This would being highly resistant to fire due to the moisture it retains. When not becomes highly flammable. Then followed with, After about a minute of touching it without protection the area of contact will be left dried out with minor frostbite.

35 minutes ago, E__V__O said:

Focused on this part and reason, the other prior points addressed. 

Are all Implemented Trees/Flora able to become Fae Plants, except for Ashwood trees?

For example, 

This would being highly resistant to fire due to the moisture it retains. When not becomes highly flammable. Then followed with, After about a minute of touching it without protection the area of contact will be left dried out with minor frostbite.

Everwinter trees would also not be acceptable due to their frostbite properties (even though it's very mind.) To my knowledge the only lore plants that would not be allowed would be (Ashwood, Everwinter, Ironwood, All voidal reagents, all plant monsters like man-eaters, and elder/mother trees.)

3 hours ago, E__V__O said:

I can probably answer that as the original lore writer for Ashwood trees! It's never ended well when outside communities mess around with the Ashwood tree, it's usually a headache best left avoided in my opinion. There has been many instances where nature CA's try to use Ashwood's invulnerable properties when they should not, the immunity to fire, etc. Also, the community who's culture reveres  it would probably bash anything like that because it's hardly ever done respectfully, even by staff members.

I quite like this. It’s a good iteration of the past lores, while still being something new and improved. I appreciate how well defined it is as well this time xD 

Two points though: in regards to the regeneration, being able to heal from a minor injury in one minute seems a bit fast. A narrative day (one ooc hour) seems a bit more feasible, since the moderate injuries take a narrative month (one ooc day).

Second thing: blighted epiphytes. Anything blighted must be healed or else it will perish. Tree lords have a set clause on that, and blighted fae or mani will die without intervention early enough. There should probably be a time limit on how long the epiphyte can remain blighted before it’s past the point of no return. Else you’ll likely get deranged undead zombie plants that run around for weeks and weeks. Blight is a progressive illness essentially, and I believe that should be reflected in epiphytes as it is other fae and natural lore.

35 minutes ago, DragonofTaters said:

I quite like this. It’s a good iteration of the past lores, while still being something new and improved. I appreciate how well defined it is as well this time xD 

Two points though: in regards to the regeneration, being able to heal from a minor injury in one minute seems a bit fast. A narrative day (one ooc hour) seems a bit more feasible, since the moderate injuries take a narrative month (one ooc day).

Second thing: blighted epiphytes. Anything blighted must be healed or else it will perish. Tree lords have a set clause on that, and blighted fae or mani will die without intervention early enough. There should probably be a time limit on how long the epiphyte can remain blighted before it’s past the point of no return. Else you’ll likely get deranged undead zombie plants that run around for weeks and weeks. Blight is a progressive illness essentially, and I believe that should be reflected in epiphytes as it is other fae and natural lore.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely add a death timer for them being blighted (though not a pk since they don't have anything to justify one.) Currently the regrowing thing is at narrative minute/day/year for regrowth. Essentially the larger the wound the more time it takes to regrow exponentially. I might change this to a narrative hour/day/month/year system however since now I think about it a fracture and a breakage taking the same amount of time to heal is a bit silly.

Classy lore? +1

15 hours ago, ClassyBells said:

In the void thing, fae reacting to it is less a nature thing and more of a fae thing, not brought by corruption itself but by an abhorance to it. As it is now Epiphytes and sprites both experience pain around voidal casting, though I changed it down to nausea to make this fit what's actually going on more closely.

The Lore reads that the nausea is caused by a super natural intolerance towards Void magic which coincidentally has been paired with ‘Dark Magic’ in the same sentence.

I’ve been very vocal over the years about the clash of nature and void and hold that it should be, and should have always been, philosophical differences.

Abhorrence is a very vague term to use here, as it implies that a weak emotional constitution/ personal values against Void magic is what is causing the nausea. If that is the case, it does not need to be included in a Lore post which should be clarifying the objective mechanics of the CA. I’d further extend the idea that Nausea is in fact a form of pain itself.

I hold that the inclusion of sprites and epiphytes formerly being harmed by spell casting outside of what is stated within Voidal Lore itself was an oversight by our community , and should not be used to strengthen any points moving forward. There are only a handful of Voidal pieces which directly address the effects on nature, and they are specific and also conveniently listed here in the post already. These extreme outliers, i.e. Voidstalkers, Tears, and Obelisks do not mean to constitute the umbrella ‘Void Magic’.

2 hours ago, Luxury said:

The Lore reads that the nausea is caused by a super natural intolerance towards Void magic which coincidentally has been paired with ‘Dark Magic’ in the same sentence.

I’ve been very vocal over the years about the clash of nature and void and hold that it should be, and should have always been, philosophical differences.

Abhorrence is a very vague term to use here, as it implies that a weak emotional constitution/ personal values against Void magic is what is causing the nausea. If that is the case, it does not need to be included in a Lore post which should be clarifying the objective mechanics of the CA. I’d further extend the idea that Nausea is in fact a form of pain itself.

I hold that the inclusion of sprites and epiphytes formerly being harmed by spell casting outside of what is stated within Voidal Lore itself was an oversight by our community , and should not be used to strengthen any points moving forward. There are only a handful of Voidal pieces which directly address the effects on nature, and they are specific and also conveniently listed here in the post already. These extreme outliers, i.e. Voidstalkers, Tears, and Obelisks do not mean to constitute the umbrella ‘Void Magic’.

This is just a lessened version of what happens to all fae/demifae when voidal or dark magic is cast near them. If this should no longer be the case it will be up to the Lt to decide so when they vote on it.