A letter to King John of Balian

Lomiei

[!] A message is shared among the descendants, particularly to the King of Balian

Spoiler

This day, a terrible atrocity has been committed by government officials of Balian. Cassio Bishop-Franzen was summoned today to a court of law, in haste, and on grounds of accusations which were falsely and maliciously laid upon him. There, as I am told and partly saw, he was forced to stand trial, accused of false crimes, and sentenced to death. Despite having information and testimony, innocence, mental stability, and lineage, your judges blinded themselves with lies from the hands of iblees, and beheaded my uncle. 

I have always held a high regard for the honor and competency of Balian and her people, and this event will not yet alter my assertion on that matter. However, the display of arbitrary and public assassination of a member of my bloodline must not go unaddressed. By what means or by whose evil machinations your subjects sought to have this innocent father sentenced to the sword, and even then deny the witness of the act to his kin, I will not presume to guess. But by this action, some sons and daughters of balian have sullied their hands with blood of my own, for which much insult is received. 

Yet still, the name of Balian, like my own surname, invokes a constant reminder to reverence of the church, and its teachings. I have no intention to open conflict between allies of myself, and allies of my liege’s crown. Therefore, I will demand no blood, nor search any out. For too much honorable blood has already been spilled, and the fault of your men was not in their hearts, but the misleadings of iblees. These things only, I request humbly of your Crown in recompense of my uncle’s murder;

I - The first: Public apologies from the men who falsely sentenced Cassio, 

1) Cesar A.P Komnenos, Magister of Balian

2) Peter d’Arkent, last seen entering the room in which Cassio was murdered

3) The accompanying gaurd present in the room in which Cassio was murdered

II - The second: The weapon which was used in his unlawful beheading 

III - His body, in all of its pieces, to be buried in his homeland and honored with full canonist rites

What I pray of you, King John, is not to chastise your men, nor punish their hopefully-brief ignorance. It is only to ensure a close eye is kept on the processes and activities of your Crown’s Magister’s office, and restore the honor of a former citizen, put to death unrighteously.

And as for the above-named men, none of them need expect any ill wills from me. And at their apology, will have only a greater measure of love and respect than that measure of grief and anger raised toward them some hours ago.

Signed,

Aurik Bishop, Baron of Ostervik, Baron-Consort of Gascony

gACS_dYsSK7Vq5ws6TKN9KevrP6PBjlqZCIB_ldKPJIeMj2BaejkVhTB3tzGh3faoO6moNQFccB6UcKGGpxUdJvnGeY_FTN5SZ54h-Cd6Q7LpNbWVLvhzfKCBp40FlL-tUolsRh3QrFsECzfLKBlgI3ho_5r0JwUrt5N-up2BbgqEEvElLILuMHADw

Dame Viktoriya leans back in her chair, cracking her knuckles as she read the flier. "I may niet be 'es actual mot'er, but I sure can talk some sense into him." She turned toward the little white dragon beside her as it rummaged through her satchel with its metal talons. "Hvitur, get me' flask. I really need te' stop being morally good after t'es, it's DRAINING."

She prepares a letter to be sent off to Aurik, already juggling three other quests to worry about to appear in person for such a discussion. The woman decides to leave out how close she'd been to crushing the Epiphyte's plant in cold blood ... Cold sap, rather?

Upon Aurik's windowsill, some horrid abomination arrives, flesh spun oddly around its body as though it didn't fit it, with shoulders horribly crooked to account for the peculiar, scaly wings fused upon them. 

c2b8592f1bc2eaa494a0fb479e313776.jpg 

Spoiler

"Hark, Aurik!

It is I; Viktoriya. I do hope the un-cursing of your city is going well, da? Dreadful that it's there in the first place, an odd coincidence -- but, that's something for another time.

I was there when the crimes of Cassius were first reported. I was not there at the time of the trial, so I am unsure if the following points had been brought up:

- Cassius had hired an assassin upon someone I view as family; an innocent man.

- Cassius has murdered presumably upwards of several men, as I had been inside of his home to see the bloody massacre he left beneath his room.

- Cassius has also become as reported by those who've seen him in the last months, a stark manipulator.

recognize the familial bonds between thee and the accused. However, I do hope this makes you ... Aware of his crimes, and the actuality of them.

Your friend,

Dame Viktoriya DeNurem K.L."

Samuel Vuiller and Leonora Morovar both cackle devilishly as they both say 

bitchops” 

Ember shakes her head as she reads this missive once more disappointed at balianite corruption

"I remember this 'Cassio Bishop' as being an unrepentent sinner, who abandoned the faith for homosexual deviency with an Elf... Canonist burial? I think not. GOD forgive me, but justice was due. Death? Perhaps not, but justice was due..." Cardinal Viktor scratches his bald head and strokes his beard several times over the next hours as he contemplated the matter further

1 hour ago, Borin said:

"I remember this 'Cassio Bishop' as being an unrepentent sinner, who abandoned the faith for homosexual deviency with an Elf... Canonist burial? I think not. GOD forgive me, but justice wad due. Death? Perhaps not, but justice was due..." Cardinal Viktor scratches his bald head and strokes his beard several times over the next hours as he contemplated the matter further

[!] Odd how Viktor somehow didnt remember Cassio's re-conversion back to the flock after being threatened with disownment.

Spoiler

:shrug_emoji:

1 hour ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Dame Viktoriya leans back in her chair, cracking her knuckles as she read the flier. "I may niet be 'es actual mot'er, but I sure can talk some sense into him." She turned toward the little white dragon beside her as it rummaged through her satchel with its metal talons. "Hvitur, get me' flask. I really need te' stop being morally good after t'es, it's DRAINING."

She prepares a letter to be sent off to Aurik, already juggling three other quests to worry about to appear in person for such a discussion. The woman decides to leave out how close she'd been to crushing the Epiphyte's plant in cold blood ... Cold sap, rather?

Upon Aurik's windowsill, some horrid abomination arrives, flesh spun oddly around its body as though it didn't fit it, with shoulders horribly crooked to account for the peculiar, scaly wings fused upon them. 

c2b8592f1bc2eaa494a0fb479e313776.jpg 

Hide contents

"Hark, Aurik!

It is I; Viktoriya. I do hope the un-cursing of your city is going well, da? Dreadful that it's there in the first place, an odd coincidence -- but, that's something for another time.

I was there when the crimes of Cassius were first reported. I was not there at the time of the trial, so I am unsure if the following points had been brought up:

- Cassius had hired an assassin upon someone I view as family; an innocent man.

- Cassius has murdered presumably upwards of several men, as I had been inside of his home to see the bloody massacre he left beneath his room.

- Cassius has also become as reported by those who've seen him in the last months, a stark manipulator.

recognize the familial bonds between thee and the accused. However, I do hope this makes you ... Aware of his crimes, and the actuality of them.

Your friend,

Dame Viktoriya DeNurem K.L."

[!] A response letter is written and sent back to Dame Vik!

From the 7 skies, along with his father Erwin, Cassio looks down upon this thinking "Gotte ich hope zhere's blood drawn from zhis."  He grins, wandering off to go see his fellow deaduns.

Cosima read over the letter, hearing of her cousins' death. Despite their rocky past, the emotions set in, and she couldn't help but weep. Looking to Peter. "Balianites killed mein cousin. The first of our generation to die, and to the hands of them. Not even a righteous way to go." She signed the lorraine before going to her stationary and writing letters to family. @MailC3p

Fallon Bishop heard the news and read the missive with a deep sigh "This is going to be a mess, I am ashamed I ever came from Balian. Well I stand with my new family now." She then tried to find her husband to comfort him.

Edited by Fawnytheturtle

Henry Bishop screams from the Seven Skies as his descendants once again are the center of some messed up madness

1 hour ago, Frank_Dog said:

Cosima read over the letter, hearing of her cousins' death. Despite their rocky past, the emotions set in, and she couldn't help but weep. Looking to Peter. "Balianites killed mein cousin. The first of our generation to die, and to the hands of them. Not even a righteous way to go." She signed the lorraine before going to her stationary and writing letters to family. @MailC3p

Philip her sort of nephew would come to her side trying to comfort her with a hug. “Eam sorry about his death Auntie.”

"The man was a chronic sinner and deviant of our faith. Despite what the Bishop's told me about Cassio and Asher they obviously lied. As the two were still together days after apparently they were separated. There was a reason I didn't give him his last rites nor I hope he gets a Canonist burial. Judgement of his sins finally caught up with him," Fr. Teodosio mutters to himself. 

7 hours ago, Greener said:

"The man was a chronic sinner and deviant of our faith. Despite what the Bishop's told me about Cassio and Asher they obviously lied. As the two were still together days after apparently they were separated. There was a reason I didn't give him his last rites nor I hope he gets a Canonist burial. Judgement of his sins finally caught up with him," Fr. Teodosio mutters to himself. 

Aurik Bishop wonders how the ears of the church were so clear and open to the ill-actions of his uncle, true or not... and yet deaf to the many people who Cassio has brought to the light of Godan's teachings.

"zhey do have a point." Aurik shrugged "mein onkle vas nien saint" -+- "but lies und murder are niet zhe solution to his faults..."

The recruit who watched the execution, Emilia Rhodon scoffed. 

"You will hear no forgiveness towards a homosexual from me. He is glad GOD himself did not smite him before they found out of his other deeds."