SUBMISSION

seannie

FlrDY7gPG_faUR-vmCgImJvjwTGmoQJiqPmT-orMsvOTncSwzqVBUDFIT_tsWdBtCEaXRa760SoxDWMrnL3BwOzY_aTdecjb2xUbqjhEyGvZ-3jPR93sOlvwhwZMMCGQiUF7P37TqmElddGLQS5_7Ahhuzi7XY7hFJb90gM6JXoM-HU7nSF1sb2dKQ

PIETY AND PENANCE 

TO HIS HOLINESS, PONTIAN IV

Our Kingdom of Aaun remains war-torn, spiraling once more into a new generation of strife. The once prosperous heartlands of Humanity forever scarred and changed. It has been in this environment that I have been accepting all of those pledging their arms to our cause, one specifically, Gawain Wick, or otherwise known as Siegmund Wick.

In my quickened naivety, I made no further inspections of its character, instead utilizing its uncanny ability to reshape ruins into shape - which should have been a first telling factor in any potential suspicions. Its true self remained hidden, it seems, by way of heavy clothing and armor, as well as incense to dispel his presumed stench. Who am I to deny assistance, when offered in trying times? For it seems even the Barony of Acre, who claims us to be inhibitors of evil, employs the dark forces themselves with full knowledge of such - as evident of its defense of de Vilain bridge a month ago. 

Further, we do reject the claims of the Baron de Vilain, that this undead Wick was that of the Nauzicans, no matter what may have been found, or planted, on its rotting corpse. A guard it was at time, but not of my familial Brigade, for we Nauzicans hold no measures of identification under my reign.

It has become, with the retirement of the Lectorate, and the exodus of clergy from that of the Heartland, that the Kingdom of Aaun lays bare to wiles of the undead, who prey on the discordance and death inflicted upon our land. Thus leading to their infiltration to this day.

Hence, I do prostrate myself to the will of the Holy Mother Church, and most desirably request the intervention of the holy inquisitors to ensure able testing of my population to root out the darkspawn of Iblees  - for it is the Prophet Owyn that the Kingdom of Aaun emulates, for Aaun was once His Kingdom, which he purified of apostasy.

In this failure to properly maintain the purity of my realm, I do most humbly request penance by whatever means, so that I may cleanse myself of my failings, and become a stronger man capable of warding away such despicable abominations.

Let the Flame of Owyn burn away the corruption plaguing our land.

“The Aengul dipped the horn into the waters of the Grotto of Gamesh and poured them onto Horen’s brow.

And the Aengul said ‘Here, I cleanse you. And you join GOD’s servants.’”

Gospel 3:35-36

Castle Brandhof, Grafschaft of Minitz,

12th of Horen's Calling, 1896 IST

IN NOMINEI DEI,

Charles Alstion

@Balthasar

Orelia the Scholar was lost in thought, sat quietly in the home she and her future husband had been given in Minitz. A deep sigh left her lips, her hand wiping against her brow to purge sweat that wasn't there. She had warned him. Everything, she had predicted. The war, the price he would pay, even the rise of evil in his host. As she sat, she pondered. . . Why hadn't he listened? Back when he could have prevented any of the strife that had been sown. . .