My Stance

Shmeepicus

A4Eb-mmkV2UlzDPt7OAmDjq4gCtDIsvgoHklPL8lg-bn-R4BAD0znaAUbmL6xqczCxlenRk6JS6JN4jmRZGayascgfuKYA7iZfgmZjf4Akyc-rtrg-xCtHHO_Kwizas6w-4lk4xPuXWRaianer4jFs5geu3HfXYYgAeXp9EZ4Wz00c6SS08fOQgNCAUkfg

On My Own Stance

11th of the Sun’s Smile, 29 B.A.

i-320SDzpzof-NerzH8G8Pa9FEOrbf6d5VYxvnt-ZPXaiMXw2_Cb9wiX5N0DqHEC9C2frGJpZ-ZvUvrAcWAskmNR4sCnNCNRXnpR-yBNAWZ3GS3zS7l2EOFM1Kl3xA3qvKnELldibBfzGDXEbb2n34czXE7kB5aQI66tJe7u4xodS--C0dgIUU5d0WLM2w

A4Eb-mmkV2UlzDPt7OAmDjq4gCtDIsvgoHklPL8lg-bn-R4BAD0znaAUbmL6xqczCxlenRk6JS6JN4jmRZGayascgfuKYA7iZfgmZjf4Akyc-rtrg-xCtHHO_Kwizas6w-4lk4xPuXWRaianer4jFs5geu3HfXYYgAeXp9EZ4Wz00c6SS08fOQgNCAUkfg

The following is the contents of a letter sent to me,

“My fellow Prince Alexandros,

I must write to you with great unfortunity, for my hand has been played. For the sake of my realm’s nascent sovereignty, I must proceed forth with the expulsion of the treacherous Acreans. This, however, puts us on the path to oblivion, for your father is to wage war on my realm should I continue to maintain its national integrity.

But why is this? Were we not brothers in arms during the sundering of the Empire? Was it not the loyalists who first rallied with the Alstions to save the Imperial way of life? Were our efforts in the establishment of your realm unsatisfactory to your father? He seeks to value cheap political gains over the friendship we once held firmly.

I implore you, Alexandros, stay your father’s arms, no matter what it takes - we musn’t allow ourselves to shed each other’s blood. We are better as eternal friends, than enemies.”

I shall make my bit short, as copying the letter has already tired my hand. We are better, Prince Alstion, as friends. I do not believe that humanity should be so quick to bleed one another- yet it was indeed you who failed to sign the treaty at the Congress of Atrus- not the Lord Vilain of Acre. We too were a signatory- in a vain attempt to prevent further bloodshed. We humans have experienced much too many wars in the last near century and my Father wished to try and prevent it, along with King Karl III. I stand by the decisions of my Father, King John of Balian- and will continue to stand by our signed treaties after he has been welcomed into the Seven Skies above and my own reign begins. 

Our Kingdom- myself included, will always stand by the decisions made by the Crown. It is for that reason that I send back to you this letter- as well as delivering it to all other Canonist Sovereigns and Lords, ultimately refusing to attempt to subvert my own Father’s reign and undermine his position. 

Spoiler

unknown.png

Signed,

His Royal Highness, Prince Alexandros Casimir, Count of Monteres

Ledicort smiles and nods at the missive, the fruition of an earlier conversation come to pass "very good to see"

Cassius makes note of the crown prince's letter, stashing a copy of it in his bookshelf. "A wise prince know that unity in one's country is important. A divided realm is a weak realm."

"What is this letter meant to mean? Just a king begging for peace, with no word of malice. Only the blind and the insane would viciously latch onto this as, uh, I don't know, whatever they think would help their insane causes," Stanimar wonders to himself. confusedly, being confused, because he was confused, in a confused manner.

IMG_3680.png

Charlie makes this face when he realizes his friend was forced to bend to the whims of his increasingly aging father who can no longer see friends from foe.

Prior Penance was called up from the ossuary under the priory as the latest package of missives had been picked up from Valfleur. He rifled through the usual drivel before finding a notice from the prince of Balian. Most curious, he thought as he read through it. 

"Postulant, you see now a continuance of circumstances that show my issues with Balian. For they continue this charade that the prince of Aaun left the Congress instead of signing the treaty. You know what happened, of course. The rulers of Balian, Haense, and Petra left to make up the treaty themselves, leaving both the Acrean and Aaunian leaders behind."

He sighed. "Now, does this particular event concern us in any way? No, of course not. The politics of the temporal are outside our caring. But we must remember that honesty is a virtue, and our dealings in Balian in the future must take this dishonesty into account."

The new Archduke of Petra nods in approval at his brother’s words upon reading the missive.

“Well done, brother. An honorable act befitting of a future ruler. I hope you visit soon.”

"My honest reaction to Novellen madness and propaganda. It almost seems like they yearn for a return to the heartlands. Perhaps trying to put the King in a bad light is one of their tactics, what is next? A schism like good old Philly III? The Novellen dynasty has well - somewhat lost its so-called glories. It is however hypocritical to criticize the King now as he is someone that you elected. The population of Balian (except my kin) can certainly make good court jesters." Louis Joseph stated.

Spoiler

My honest reaction

King George V

The Countess of Aquilae arched a blonde brow at the news. Balian attempting to prevent war, and meanwhile their Crown Prince is being birded with letters of these kind. The woman leant back against her chair, needle and thread settling upon her lap a moment as she took it in before a grin quirked. It was just like the Prince to publish the letter for the public to see. Hard for those to try anything if all involved are aware.

"I have always been and still are a great advocate of peace amongst men, just as in this case. However, above all, I have sworn an oath to the King and I will keep it, even if it is against what I believe that should be done right now." murmured Lord Galbraith to his cousin Marcus upon reading the missive issued by the Crown Prince of Balian.