The Daily Lubba - The 13th of the Sun's Smile

Apotolofo

The Daily LUBBA

Love is in the air. . .

The Daily Lubba is proud to announce a new addition to the Lurin event calendar. . . 

The Search for The Lubba’s Love!

. . . A search for the true love of this season’s Lubba, the Silver Lubba himself; Mika Anarion! 

There will be games, festivals, galas, competitions, and more throughout the search, so whether you are watching or taking part it is sure to be the spectacle of a lifetime. 

Those interested in partaking in the search as a potential love, please send us a reply via bird, or pin a note beneath the news board. 

To apply, you must be at least 70 years old, biologically female, and elven in order to fit our Lubba’s preferred qualities in a partner.

Though all are invited to attend and partake, the committee of this event would like to extend an invitation to the following; Renae Athri'onn, Lhoris Izalith, Penelope ‘Penny’ Clover,  and Dame Viktoriya.

A bit about the man. . . 

Mika Anarion enjoys hunting down spooks, fighting in most conflicts, and teaching. A caring individual, Mika’s first priority is always Lurin and his family, doing whatever he can for them. To quote the man himself, “quality time is everything.”

This segment was brought to you by Scrisa Anarion. 

The Law keepers of Lurin

With Lurin growing rapidly, numerous threats have made their way behind the city walls - cruel individuals that torture and slaughter common folk, thieves that wish to strip everyone of their belongings, practitioners of twisted arts, and the vile offsprings of the dark. It becomes clearer by the day the importance of our city’s military.

Maintaining peace is just one of the many duties our guards take on, for they must train not only the body but the mind, too. A sharp mind is required to deal with criminals, even more so when dealing with darkspawn. And yet, this is only a taste of what the Centurions do. 

They work tirelessly to keep our people safe, putting their own lives at risk for the greater good. The state recognizes the importance of our guard, and so no matter the rank, they are rewarded for their service. The most common being payment in mina, handed out mali-weekly. 

All an aspiring Centurion must do is seek out an Officer or captain. Upon proving themselves true to the cause, they shall receive their uniform. Then, the training towards greatness begins. 

The Silver Ladybug
WyBTHIz-iE0owjRRYMkPppMl7noMJAbThn344tZU9h2OONsQCI6X6eqGG19kEAooix1sdPPX1ck2GUVmW9bPFCilW0iAkbK3Sd7B5A1X5Mt5ql-9uCKdUt8gRGJ05rrW1bWQXP7zCzintt64MmOQJYCKu8V6E4VrW3a5UtARGHCwPLuvoVoBX1TGyA

The academy, the guards, the workforce - these are just some of the divisions within Lurin, each of them having something in common. People.

No matter the area of expertise, no mortal is able to work relentlessly. Labor in any form- whether of the mind, or muscle - will lead to exhaustion. And thus, a comfortable place to assist with such is formed. A tavern, a known source of activity and comfort. Ours stands just near the gates, stocked with drinks and food for all! 

Of course, a tavern isn’t just a place to gorge on food, it’s also a place for fun. The livid events hosted there must tug the weary folk out from their misery, and our tavern is sure to do just that. Some of such events include fun games, friendly competitions, nights of free drinks, storytelling, and more!

But alas, woe has befallen our tavern, The Silver Ladybug, for the previous owner has retired from leadership. Due to such, many new tavern keepers have been hired. Furthermore, the mantle of tavern owner is open for a promising individual to take up! If you are interested in working in or leading The Silver Ladybug, reach out to Scribe! (or Mika)

We hope to see you there!

Are you gay? Take this quiz to find out!

Scrisa here again. A concerning amount of people, of which I will not call out names, have been questioning their sexuality in my presence, a few even going as far and asking me ‘how to gay.’ In light of such incidents, I, a lesbian, have put together a small questionare to solve the age-long question that is, Am I gay? Enjoy. 

(don’t take this seriously, it's mostly jokes) 

1. Are you gay? 

1. I’m not gay! I’m straight! I’m 100% straight! 

2. Absolutely, this is just for fun.

3. Probably not. 

4. That’s why I’m taking this quiz.

2. Opinion on math. 

1. My brain rejects it.

2. I’m too gay for it.

3. It's alright I guess. 

4. Depends honestly. 

3. How often do you say the word ‘slay’?

1. I strictly avoid using that word. 

2. Literally all the time. Slay. 

3. I usually don’t, unless as a joke.

4. I must add this to my vocabulary. 

4. Pick a color. 

1. Lilac.

2. Is yes an answer? 

3. Blue 

4.  Hmm. . . green? 

1. How fast is your usual walking speed?

1. Very fast 

2. Depends if I’ve had my coffee

3. Medium

4. Pretty fast. My friends lag behind me

2. Opinion on cowboy hats and boots. 

1. Love them, 100%. Stylish as hell 

2. . . . Ew

3. Eh. A little tacky 

4. Not my thing. 

If you answered mostly 1, how’s that internalized homophobia going? 

If you answered mostly 2, you’re very gay but you already knew that.

If you answered mostly 3, you’re most likely straight, or aromantic/asexual.

If you answered mostly 4, you’re most likely on the spectrum. Welcome to the cult that is being gay. 

If you answered a mix of all, then you’re probably bisexual.

Don’t be a dumbass and get mad over a stupid quiz in a newspaper. If this makes you angry, you probably answered all 1s. This is just for fun, don’t be dramatic. Don’t rain on our gay parade. 

This segment was brought to you by Scrisa Anarion. 

_eSiCHrvfFUF1-4Jb8BDs5rVyBZbMDzUwb186RMDSgqsc3U__-omJW6Y0cOvzlP11VYWWYGgtehRhGQL6LjWsGbVbhdArock3CE82ivDmT2te7Lr-eeu5PcaNoVgDsZBCgJFnT1RZs_6xi0ghZr4If6P8Z_bB-GYzFUWhN76CxtTJ52CnEtDNVSzqw

A VILLAIN VANQUISHED. . . Or just misunderstood?ZDSEoQs8uOuc0oAZxnG1qsaBmr3ivpsH8M4AAotiul2XEurEUJIV8d-IHuc6OE-H5YGupNUG1jauxGkBFFIs0Gvbow_FUya35vI5AHJGeF5IHKZlTnmiD0Qs_rtzBlHe7lR3H1fixKLtiEO7Rcn3587-BQuyL_z2eqp3hiN0IKr2E1aak53_9WVY_Q

Recent events have brought to light the dark secrets behind a certain Csayhn’s false visage. A dark magic user, a villain. . . and beloved partner of Alucard Anarion, the adopted son of Mika Anarion himself? We at the Croaking decided to dive deeper into this story. 

An anonymous informant tells a story that isn’t so black and white after all. 

According to our crow, Csayhn fell victim to suicide as a result of mass persecution upon the accusation of being a dark mage. Despite having submitted to multiple darkspawn tests, Rina D’Avre and Mika Anarion, alongside the atronachs of Lurin, hunted the man down until he was driven to suicide. 

But where did these accusations come from anyway? 

After all, every rumor stems from some semblance of truth. The crow 

tells us that Csayhn had in fact been victim to a darkspawn attack, which fueled the accusations and false- hoods laid upon the poor man. And still the plot thickens, as others tell a very different tale. One individual testifies witnessing Rina D’Avre’s neck be near slit open by Csayhn,

and another bears witness to the dark arts performed by the man.  

Though the many accounts come together for a very confusing timeline, the croaking offers condolences to all affected by the man’s death. Whether he was a good man, a bad one, or

somewhere in between- Crows will mourn for their friends. Let us know your thoughts on the matter!

Anything else we should know?

Is there anything you believe should be covered in the next release?

Whether it be a confession, piece of gossip, or upcoming event, just let us know and we’ll consider putting it in the next release.  

Until next time, 

unknown.png  

2 minutes ago, Aech said:

Rina D’Avre and Mika Anarion, alongside the atronachs of Lurin, hunted the man down until he was driven to suicide. 

Mika Anarion nods in approval for there may be no darkspawn left alive within his realm, though clarified "Rina was not involved in the hunting process, it ended too quick."

Viktoriya crouches over the paper, circling the answers she agrees with with a gradually more mortified expression.

"YAM GAY!?!"

33 minutes ago, Aech said:

Rina D’Avre and Mika Anarion, alongside the atronachs of Lurin, hunted the man down until he was driven to suicide.

Alucard let out an exhausted sigh as his droopy eyes darted back and forth the missive “And they wonder why I am ignoring them.” He grumbled to himself as the missive was discarded across his room. 

A certain 'Princess Peacock' who aided the Candy Cult in the Candy Crusade wondered if the Daily Lubba will include them in their next piece!

2 hours ago, TreeSmoothie said:

Viktoriya crouches over the paper, circling the answers she agrees with with a gradually more mortified expression.

"YAM GAY!?!"

At the same time, Apollyon Snowell revealed herself from a dark corner, then called out. “Hello, Gay… yam dad.

The wife of the Lubba stared silently at the words across the page, lips quivering. She sucked in a sharp breath purely in distraught, chest heaving with anguish. She folded the parchment up into a small square, stuffing it in her pocket.

12 hours ago, Apollonous said:

At the same time, Apollyon Snowell revealed herself from a dark corner, then called out. “Hello, Gay… yam dad.

Viktoriya began to foam at the mouth and writhed around on the ground like a dead fish.