The Theruz School of Spiritualism and Shamanic Magicks

Barbog

The Theruz School of Spiritual Arts and Shamanic Magicks

Opens Its Doors!

Today, on the 19th of Sun’s Smile, 100 SA, the Theruz School has officially begun open enrollment and the start of the year’s curriculum for the magically-inclined of Almaris! 

Formed out of an ambition to be the first central hub of spiritual education and proper, efficient teaching of shamans, the School has expanded its repertoire of magical knowledge to include lessons from our beloved Housmages and Bardmancers around the world, with current plans to invite Druii seeking apprentices, Alchemists willing to share their knowledge, and contacts within several lesser-known Paladin sects in an endeavor to better the world through the combined efforts of nonvoidal magicks.

Founded and currently headmastered by the Barbog’Yar, he holds the School’s ceremonial title of Shomo Superior, inspired by the acts of grand-teacher Murdok’Lak, slayer of Aenguls. Barbog’Yar “Lurker-Mover” has stated on record that he shall forbid any discrimination towards other sects of nonvoidal magick, in order to foster a collaborative community of well-intentioned and well-learned individuals.

Such was also his choice in location; for Barbog, long-time Honorary Halfling of Honeyhill, has set the School’s campus in the beloved Halfling village. Barbog believes that the hospitality and joyous nature of the locals will inspire similar feelings in his students, and will foster relations between descendent races who are marginalized in many existing fields of magic.

He wishes to make it clear that this will not solely be a place for shamans and spiritualists alone; while he and his lessons will be targeted for for those interested in Spiritualist beliefs and Shamanic culture, other teachers and visiting lecturers will be from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.

Any who are interested in expanding their knowledge on multicultural studies, or learning more about the various proper magicks of the world, are encouraged to visit and attend at their leisure.

Current lesson plans include tutoring for Housemages and Culimancers, studies on spiritualism and shamanic culture through a Witch-Doctor's lens, general anti-void practices and philosophy, the foundations and modern interpretations of Haruspexy, and occasional guided trips to friendly nations and settlements aligned with the School's cause.

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

“Wisdom is born of a strong mind. It is more practical than philosophy, and goes beyond mere knowledge. It is the ability for right living, common sense, wit, resolution of life’s problems, and success beyond material gain. Think for yourself, but heed the words of those more experienced with the respect and consideration due them. Learn from life, and apply your learning in a way that means something.”

-The Contemplations of Malog, V1

—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—x—

OOC Information:

Spoiler

Open admissions to the School, located at the far end of  Bywater, the Halfling Settlement- check the path by the docks! Any interested in lessons about spiritualism or the culture of nonvoidal magics can come to attend public lessons (for general knowledge purposes- these will not be “MA-granting” lessons), but further accommodations can be made for students who show a genuine drive in furthering the cultural side of magic.

For questions and concerns, you can either contact myself OOCly on the forums, on discord at bog#8928, or send a letter-in game to IGN: barbog and Character Name: Barbog’Yar.

Edited by Barbog
new location

“T’is foinalleh open! Na’er though’ oi’d see t’a day” says Mimosa Applefoot, digging out her old application

1 minute ago, Borin said:
  Hide contents

WOOOOOO GO BARBOG

Spoiler

cant help being based and doing quirky things to try to give CPR to my waning will to rp

An Old, Aged Shaman sits before the shrine of a giant never yielding eye. Muttering small insanities in praise of the deity. Motsham Al-Uk'Yar was not only the lead Shaman of the Moot but also Barbog'Yar's teacher and therefor cordially informed on the opening of this school 

"Worthinezz agh grukkage bruddah Bog, lat wuuhld du hozh tu nub allohw globûrz gitz tu leehrn ouhr kraft"

24 minutes ago, Barbog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cant help being based and doing quirky things to try to give CPR to my waning will to rp

Spoiler

I just simply don't RP unless something happens that I'm interested in. Otherwise I either don't log on or log on to hunt for and write books :) Or when I'm forced to try help babysit humanity

One man in red would have the missive in hand as he finished reading it and looked towards the sea and the ferry that often carried him to and fro. "Seems there's another place of note to visit."

A burned haruspex looks over the missive with mixed curiosity.

"Barbog am gone, agh yet seeks to foster Spiritualism ihn shara lands. Bring forth t' Spirits, Barbog."