[✗] The Nephilim Amendment + Addition

ronin_champloo

13 minutes ago, PXY said:

This was probably my weakest area since I really didn't know what to do with Corrupted Nephilim. If you've any tips and ideas, I'd be happy to do it along with removing the redline that bars them from other enrapturements. I think you know my discord ? -- if not, let me know and I'll send it to you; I'm the one with the city PFP.

Thank you for responding, I'll send some ideas your way here soon!

1 hour ago, PXY said:

Snip

Suppose it's the perfect time to address the lack of weaknesses in the original piece then with this re-write. Adding new abilities and buffing other ones calls for some negatives in the opposite direction I think instead of just changing one weakness. I gave a lot of constructive feedback about how I felt it could be achieved. I have never been a fan of the only mundane counter to things being locked behind a rare lore material, or being the softest metal which is completely ineffective against plate clad enemies.

Spoons lore makes me happy.

Spoons reworks make me happy.

Spoons guiding Nephilim into the next chapter... Pure Joy.

As a member of this community, this post is beautiful.

(PS. Players who'd drop their CA's to keep sexual organs shouldn't be in the Azdrazi community anyway. Get fucked vermin.)

2 hours ago, LatzMomo said:

Suppose it's the perfect time to address the lack of weaknesses in the original piece then with this re-write. 

The current lore piece has plenty of weaknesses. One of the weakest CAs, really, in current lore. 

8 hours ago, LatzMomo said:

Suppose it's the perfect time to address the lack of weaknesses in the original piece then with this re-write. Adding new abilities and buffing other ones calls for some negatives in the opposite direction I think instead of just changing one weakness. I gave a lot of constructive feedback about how I felt it could be achieved. I have never been a fan of the only mundane counter to things being locked behind a rare lore material, or being the softest metal which is completely ineffective against plate clad enemies.

Azdrazi are by far the weakest CA right now, I hope you do know that. All their previous abilities could be blocked by wearing armor, having an Athin cloak or even just a shield to ward away fire. All the while having rather fatal weaknesses to some stuff if they're ever caught lacking ?

Also, have you ever heard of this vital weakness to most CAs? It's not locked behind a rare lore material, nor is it a magic. . . 

15thC Munition Crossbow - lashed - Tod's Workshop

16 hours ago, LatzMomo said:

I also have worries about buffing polymorph as I have seen this abused many times, even with external sources of disguising by the Azdrazi community.

as a member of the LT and one of the foremost leaders of the community, can I ask that you lend me these cases of abuse ? 

Got a couple things to point out.

1st) Why not allow for Nephilim scales and flame to come in a greater array of colors? Just a petty gripe of mine, but I always found it interesting how the appearance of a being can tell more about its persona, so allowing for more free form aesthetic customization imo could be nice for those characters.

2nd) Isn't the whole losing all sexual organs thing weird af? Sure, when transformed into draconic form it makes sense, but while disguised? Ehh

If it's a female nephilim, would they become entirely flat-chested when polymorphed into descendent form?

Because if so, that'd be a rather simple way to spot a Nephilim (if this was discovered). It could also lead to degenerate forms of 'testing', as if looking for heraldry tattoos across a character's body wasn't awkward enough to RP.

To me it feels like an over the top solution, when a simpler one would work better and give room for weird thoughts/discussion.

Just make it so Nephilim do not feel any sexual desire whatsoever, finding it disgusting instead. 

3rd) Cindered Shadow is pretty much shit for all I can tell: an ability that would lead an azdrazi to lose a fight rather easily, instead of helping much at all.

The giant shadow hand can tank 3 hits but... 1  hit taken = 1 turn WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO FIGHT.

So literally, one could throw 3 rocks at this hand (3 hits) and the Nephilim would be stunned and unable to fight back for 3 emotes, allowing them to EASILY be killed.

This makes it even worse given this is supposed to be the melee azdrazi subtype. 

1 Turn without being able to fight at all is more than enough to kill someone by stabbing them or striking their heads.

Sure, no real damage is sustained, only the pain gets through (if I understood it right) but still... being stunned and unable to fight is the worst that could happen in a fight. 

And it seems any "hit" would be able to stun the drazi out of the fight for 1 emote.

So honestly, why the **** use this ability? It's a death sentence. Just wear armor or/and use a shield, there's no point to this but screwing yourself over.

What could be done is:

a) have this ability be more offensive and therefore capable of grappling/grabbing and punching instead of being a makeshift shield only (it's a giant freaking hand, symbolizing 'draconic strength' afterall).

In this case, it'd simply dissipate after delivering or sustaining 3 hits, leading the Nephilim into a state of fatigue for 1-2-3 emotes wherein they can't attack, only defend themselves.

Of course, the size and strength level of the gigantic hand would have to be established.

After all, it's a bit awkward imo to say this gigantic hand can only shield/protect and not attack, as logically... how come not?

Would it be similar to  'Draconic Remembrance'? Yes, but they already are.

The way I see it though, the latter is more like a fist shaped explosive fire construct; whereas the former here as I propose it, would be more like an actual flying hand, providing more utility and defense in exchange for less offense (it can hit as hard as the other hand spell, but without the flames or the explosion, and without any AoE).

b) The other alternative would be to remove the self-stun effect of the shadow when it isn't coating the Nephilim's body (for this would be a lesser defensive stance).

When the shadow wreathes them like armor, it could indeed tank the damage, but not the pain: they'd feel the hit as it comes normally (perhaps still delaying the pain), but the damage would be halved.

Should an uruk strike a nephilim with the shadow coating them, the nephilim would suffer the damage as if a human had struck them instead; yet the pain would be the same (be it immediate or delayed a few emotes).

Overall, the worst part of this ability as written now is how regardless of the physical defenses the nephilim might have on (armor, shield, etc), hitting the shadow with anything (no matter the force, no matter how hard) would effectively stun them for multiple emotes. As it stands, it's imo something wiser never ever used.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:00 AM, PXY said:

Azdrazi are by far the weakest CA right now, I hope you do know that. All their previous abilities could be blocked by wearing armor, having an Athin cloak or even just a shield to ward away fire. All the while having rather fatal weaknesses to some stuff if they're ever caught lacking ?

Also, have you ever heard of this vital weakness to most CAs? It's not locked behind a rare lore material, nor is it a magic. . . 

15thC Munition Crossbow - lashed - Tod's Workshop

That's not a weakness for Azdrazi, that's a weakness for everyone. Everyone getting shot by an arbalest or a crossbow is going to get hurt but not everyone who gets hurt by it has all of the extra upsides that an Azdrazi is going to have. Does this somehow hurt Azdrazi more then a normal descendant? I must be missing something.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, Jentos said:

as a member of the LT and one of the foremost leaders of the community, can I ask that you lend me these cases of abuse ? 

Sure.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:52 PM, PXY said:

- Polymorphing is not a way of "disguising" oneself. It is intended to be a way for Nephilim to pass as a regular descendant, rather than try and fit into different kinds of societies, groups, and RP ecosystems. 

As far as I'm aware wasn't this already a redline that has been ignored by almost every azdrazi, such as those who worked their way into nations nobility?

2 hours ago, ReveredOwl said:

As far as I'm aware wasn't this already a redline that has been ignored by almost every azdrazi, such as those who worked their way into nations nobility?

there are no azdrazi living in your walls 

15 hours ago, Althea_ said:

snip

Just woke up so I'll answer the questions for you.

1 - Only Red or Black as it's historically been that, other colours would be indicative of other Dragaar/Drakaar and a Darasvira situation is something that I really don't want to approach.

2 - This is something that was requested, though I can see why some would find it wary. I'll make an edit to it, and I'm sure that the whole 'body checking' RP shouldn't be allowed on the server anyways if it proceeds to a FTB.

3 - I'm probably just going to remove the self-stun portion of it, while adding in that the attack has to be substantial and cannot be minor like a pebble being thrown at you. Cheers for catching that!

On 10/31/2022 at 5:39 PM, satinkira said:

if you ftb with an azdrazi CA you shouldn't have the CA. simple as, chaps

if you pk you should pk and not reverse it. simple as, chaps

On 11/2/2022 at 11:30 PM, Althea_ said:

1st) Why not allow for Nephilim scales and flame to come in a greater array of colors? Just a petty gripe of mine, but I always found it interesting how the appearance of a being can tell more about its persona, so allowing for more free form aesthetic customization imo could be nice for those characters.

There is Azdrazi deep lore on why purple dragons should never exist again. You know of this my friend.

8 hours ago, _Sug said:

There is Azdrazi deep lore on why purple dragons should never exist again. You know of this my friend.

Legit no idea what you on about. Curious tho.