[✗] Alchemy Lore Addition: The Blood Test

exogens

Lore Addition: Alchemy Potion

The Genus Blood Test

—————————————————————

Origin and Research Study:

Spoiler

In the year 1890. The Surgeon-General and Scholar Master of the Commonwealth of Petra, Emir d’Abbassia was pondering with himself within the clinic as then he got the idea of a unique, life-changing potion. The potion itself would be able to solve most of the conflicts within noble families, the church, and other inheritance issues. It would also be used to reveal the biggest question marks of people, especially bastards, like Emir who always questioned, “who is my father?” . The Scholar Master then ordered his students to go herb fetching and blood researching within the labs of the commonwealth.  Him and his students worked tirelessly, getting samples of blood within people across different races as a test. The research approximately took over 15 years of constant experiments and trials to see if the potion was legitimate and accurate. The students and scholars included were: Esther die Eriksdottir, Nicoletta Halcourt, and other members of the Scholars Guild. 

VyENCSMgCV_NvaMLXo8wrNf7YMfgubXcK9Wk4fxfqUvl9_5KiZEgoLNyYPSqLaiHZIIke2EJhWA1fCeRVB_ZqOGc0cvxajJtgenF8V13h7EP982rwNZ-Qqu6duF4gvqrLP1Zi_bb_KNQQbAURcyBwLT8umVK6hxG95g1KLcLjI6kbsBWMcelXc04uuWYIg

Emir Researching on the Blood Samples

The blood samples and tests were taken from Humans, Dwarves, Elves and Ologs across all nations in all types of sub-races. 

At first, the Scholar Master studied books and researched books of the law of blood. He discovered there was indeed a part of the blood which was known as the ‘Genus’ which had a special property between all descendants' bloods, along with unknown properties of blood which relates to inheritance of the physical attributes of every living organism. He found out, through books and constant research that uncovered secrets of the science of blood, as he knows there is something special in the blood, but it is unknown for the naked eye, for example:

Spoiler

(OOC KNOWLEDGE:)  that Genus’ can only be retained from fresh blood that has been recently extracted by only a day. It has also been discovered that Genus’ within primarily all races, minus High Elves and other exceptions as voidal mages contain 3 amounts of genus. Each unit is found within approximately a pint of blood.

It was also a hypothesis that the blood itself, or the genus itself contains attributes which can be related as a percentage equation of relation between individuals. Usually the higher the percentage is, the closer the person is related to you with similar attributes. 

Emir then wanted to find an easy way which the potion can express the percentages in a manner which everyone can understand and easily grasp as a result. By that, he decided to look for a special liquid or solution that was transparent in color, with no special attributes. He then decided that the base of the potion would be White Vinegar, and the reason for such was due to its acidic properties that may help with dissolving any small impurities, or anything irrelevant to the genus or the useless, attributeless parts of the blood. Keeping both of them, as either of them would contain the parts needed for the physical relations. 

Following the base, the signs that were possibly needed with their explanations were mentioned too. Purity is used to remove any unwanted properties of blood and vinegar, however this is the only sign that is optional in order to increase the chances of success. Balance is used in order to take out the exact same number of genus and blood itself into an equal number in order to help with measuring the best results without a shift on any side. Connection is used to merge between the two different blood types with their energy in order to become one as a solution with the white vinegar. Order sign is used to make the merging process of the blood more organized and systematic, while finally Clarity is used in order to produce the color itself. Once these signs are added to the base, one must gently steer the potion with a stainless steel rod in order to have the properties form. 

The amount of Vinegar that must be placed within the Cauldron must equal to 3 pints, and the blood from each participant must equal to at least a pint, totaling around 5 pints. The blood pints must be poured within the cauldron as a final step and stirred in a fast manner in order to have the color diffusion form quickly. 

After being stirred, one must take a bottle and scoop the solution within the cauldron and shake it vigorously in order for the color to form clearly.

The Results can form as follows, depending on the two blood types being merged.

• Red: Forms when the two subjects are Twins, that's the highest percentage one could get. (95%+)

• Orange-Red: When two subjects are either parent-child. Directly coming from the same lineage. Percentage would be (90%+)

• Orange: When subjects are siblings. (85%+)

• Yellow: Subjects are either cousins or uncle-nephew: (75%+)

• Lime: subjects are Grandparent-Grandchild. (70%+)

• Green: subjects are Great-Uncle/Aunt & Great nephew (65%+)

• Aqua: subjects are second cousins

• Blue: subjects are third cousins

• Magenta: subjects are very distantly related, that's the only color that will form if there is anything else.

• Purple: subjects have no relation at all, except for the first couple.

Any blood without the Genus, the blood energy, would not work. This goes out to animals, and other beings. The extraction method of the symbols would be Aether, as blood is believed to have some ‘magical’ properties.

Emir has made test subjects across all races, primarily Petra, Balian and Celianor.

———————————————————————————————————————

Genus Blood Test

Brief Description:  This potion is one of the very few potions around that is not used to be consumed nor used for impact like blast potions. This potion is a polychromatic, which is used to identify the genetics of two users and produce a result with a color depending on the amount of genes similar to the user. The potion would give out a stinging smell of vinegar mixed with iron. Once the potion is made, two different blood types would mix together in order to give out a color. It is used mainly by the church in order to find out about bastard children or by people who are curious to know if someone is related to them.

Recipe:

Base - White Vinegar

(OPTIONAL) Purity x1

Balance x2

Connection x3

Order x2

Clarity x3

Aether x2

Creation: Take 2 liters (Two Bottles) of White vinegar and place it on the cauldron in order to heat up abit. Once heated up, place all the signs within the same order as instructed above and stir it gently until it becomes dissolved within the white vinegar. Finally, pour a pint of blood from each subject and scoop the solution up within the bottle after a few minutes. Once done, close the lid and shake the bottle vigorously in order to produce a color, which shows the results. 

Effects: Effects take place after shaking the bottle. The results of the color given depend on the relation, the effects go as follows:

• Red: Forms when the two subjects are Twins, that's the highest percentage one could get. (95%+)

• Orange-Red: When two subjects are either parent-child. Directly coming from the same lineage. Percentage would be (90%+)

• Orange: When subjects are siblings. (85%+)

• Yellow: Subjects are either cousins or uncle-nephew: (75%+)

• Lime: subjects are Grandparent-Grandchild. (70%+)

• Green: subjects are Great-Uncle/Aunt & Great nephew (65%+)

• Aqua: subjects are second cousins

• Blue: subjects are third cousins

• Magenta: subjects are very distantly related, that's the only color that will form if there is anything else.

• Purple: subjects have no relation at all, except for the first couple.

Spoiler

REDLINES: 

Blood must be extracted before 3 OOC hours for it to work.

The blood test works on spooks just fine, despite it being well-known in the lore that they have a different blood.

Nobody, but blood-mages know how exactly Genus’ work. Thus all detailed mentions of it are only OOC Knowledge, however it is known that the blood has ‘hidden properties’

Blood Extraction must be pure in order for it to work. Using rusty, or dirty surfaces to extract the blood will not make the thing work. However, this can be solved with the Purity sign. Rolling below 5 in the blood extraction makes it impure.

Within extracting the blood, the patient must experience the initial symptoms of blood loss. This includes rapid breathing, fatigue, sweating and unease for 2 narrative days. 

Extracting blood from dead people will not have the potion work.

Potion must be taught in-character for it to be used.

T2 - UNCOMMON

Spoiler

OOC NOTICE:

Make sure to read BLOOD MAGIC Guide

Make sure to use family echo to your specific race in order to help you get accurate results. 

The purpose of this lore is to enhance roleplay experiences and to add a lore specified for genetics and also to help mainly the church and players who are seeking for drama roleplay or better roleplay experiences +  These roleplay scenarios wont take place until it is sure that this lore is accepted by the ST, however once accepted, all these roleplay interactions were made to F2B.

Edited by exqoisite

This needs to be tested on and between every human noble alive. +1

+1, I wanna have weird theatre shows that are like jeremy kyle or what americans call the maury show

+1

Go into Haense and offer free blood tests to nobles

It's nicely written but I'm pretty sure ancestory is tied to soul stuff in the lawr 🤓

+1, I think this would be fun asf to roleplay but make it common knowledge so I can do a "ARE YOU THE FATHER" gameshow

To all my homies, I will promise you all that if gets accepted, Ill make an event every month in each nation called "The Emir Show" Featuring the biggest scandals

1 hour ago, exqoisite said:

Blood must be extracted before an OOC day for it to work.

Make it just like other blood things, blood with genus only remains fresh for 3 OOC hours

1 minute ago, MeteorDragon said:

Make it just like other blood things, blood with genus only remains fresh for 3 OOC hours

Thanks, I didnt notice that typo. It was meant to be one narrative day <3

I was planning to do something like this without approved lore so when I do, don't think I'm copying you

image.png.bad30902e3008e518af3c7fae8dec643.png

8 minutes ago, Goon said:

I was planning to do something like this without approved lore so when I do, don't think I'm copying you

image.png.bad30902e3008e518af3c7fae8dec643.png

Feel free to do whatever you love, my friend. Looking forward to see it :D

Firstly, there is nothing in the recipe that would utilize change within your potion. Potions can't magically change color based on genus (they still need dye for the boogie-bomb aesthetic potions i'm pretty sure). The color indicator just isn't accurate to alchemy lore. It sounds like the colors are simply based off the pH indicator for acids and bases. Saturation might be a better indicator. 

I don't understand why you chose Aether sign which is typically used for spook potions as far as I know. How do the two potions *know* when they are related? 

My biggest issue is that this will get meta'd so hard. It shouldn't detect anything past grandparents or nephews/nieces well. I think it'd be too OP to see anything more than 1st cousins. Medicinal Lore has specific lore locks and we can't even cut a lung to relieve pressure or collapsed lungs without killing the patient. The same is said for drawing blood from a patient and I hope it is done with the proper steps and training. 

Otherwise, cool lore. Can't believe we finally have "DNA"... which makes it feel too modern.