SteppedOnABee

Discord:

Will give if need to

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Inappropriate interactions with a minor

What circumstances led to this ban?

I was best friends with an individual who turned out to be 17, rather than the 19 I believed them to be. I was 21 or 22. I didn't pay attention, I didn't look at what was right in front of me. They initiated inappropriate conversations with me, but I was the one who should have known better. This was 3 or 4 years ago at least. I'm older, not an idiot, and absolutely had no intention of doing anything to harm anyone. I attempted to get ahold of staff to give my side back then, in which I was entirely ignored. I'd called lotc home for years and years by then, so I was unwilling to make a public ban appeal and have people I considered close friends see such a thing. I was suffering with pretty bad mental illness at the time, in which I've mostly recovered from and been to therapy.

As an added note - as someone who does not know me, anything about me, it is easy to join here, see this and judge, or witch hunt, or say cruel things. It's easy to be on the internet and see a situation and immediately judge it for its outside. You don't know me, you don't know who I am, or anything about me - so it's possible to see a situation and expect or think the worst. Part of me doesn't blame anyone for that, they will never know the true circumstances that led to what it did. But part of making a rational, informed opinion you believe is correct is trying to actually know the situation well enough to have an opinion on it or hear the person out well enough to form an opinion on it.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I disagree with that I was never, ever allowed to tell my side of things. I never explained what happened, how it led to the situation. In that time, it was "You did this and it was very wrong" ban, because of the topic of the situation - which is an important one - not allowing anyone to see or know that I was very mentally ill at the time, or any other circumstances behind the scenes. I disagree that no admin or moderator would reply to me to more quietly go over what happened. It was a bad thing that happened, and it happened exactly one time.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

It was my home for a long time. I just thought I'd explain what really happened from my side. Lotc is entirely different than what it was from what I'm seeing, with entirely new people. I'd hoped it could be something I could experience again.

Attach other relevant information.

N/a

Edited by SneakyTurtles_

I do not understand why my comment was removed, but I am going to write again. No. We did not need an individual who insists that their inappropriate interactions with a minor were a mistake and then goes on to try to make excuses to downplay the problem "I was mentally ill, but it only happened once.". You sound more persistent on trying to emphasise that you had mental problems and putting the blame on the minor rather than the actual issue itself and showing regret that comes with the potential damages having inappropriate interactions with a minor may have caused. It shouldn't have happened to begin with and it's inexcusable no matter how many times it happens. A Minecraft server is not your home, and you should not be granted a platform to relapse into past behaviour.

Quoting you in a past thread of yours:

Another thing I was told from a specific staff member is that, "The person in question (victim) was willingly involved in such an act." Do tell, in the real world, if a pedophile is found, do you go and blame the children, who are obviously incapable of making such decisions and accept this recklessly without thinking? No. You blame the adult, who should know better.

Posting Guidelines for Moderation

1. The intention with allowing all players to respond to ban appeals is to have a community opinion as to someone returning; however it is expected that all players maintain a higher level of professionalism and do their best to upkeep the quality of the forum.

Deny appeal to all ERPers and those who use minecraft for 'inappropriate interactions' with anyone, minor or otherwise.

I'm not making excuses for myself. My explanation is a bit all over the place, but that doesn't mean at all that my intentions are that way just because you say they are. I'm fully aware of repercussions and effect my actions have had, as well as effects actions that were done to me have had. If I didn't want to apologize and just wanted to make excuses, I wouldn't have come here. 

And furthermore, it was stated that it happened once because I think it should be taken in consideration that I was part of this community for years and years and never had a single issue, ban, warning, or anything besides this. It absolutely is relevant. 

Furthermore, no one is blaming the minor involved whatsoever, deflecting blame, or anything. I'm fine with not being unbanned. I didn't come here to go and make excuses and say untrue things. 

Edited by SneakyTurtles_

Go ahead and read it. It was my stance against pedophilia when the people who were in charge, who no longer are, were doing nothing about it and people I knew were being harmed. As said, I was part of the community back then. That was about an individual who mass erp'd, sexted, and so forth with minors. They had dozens and dozens of accounts of it happening. 

I also spoked to all if not most of those admins afterwards and made peace with them.

Edited by SneakyTurtles_

Denied, please reference the following message

image.thumb.png.ea5b64b5a8a1c4829c0297729a61f576.png