Edict of Education, c. 1897

Optimus420

EDICT OF EDUCATION, c. 1897

eG1dZ8G18gCoP-hSe_Whp-FqU7ognTiyJrZaJhk4t83xFixCAVT1V-zDfVR_3xQComOKEO_y8Sak-kJsvKqCea3cuT6H4xcBoPpYGVEsekrYPOoUw8Iv1D3Lo4FMYEEdqYAp7dY5c2OJ8V2wrkONRp2t8GIYk0uNakRe9tVh7Gc75jU28JjHVYuDCCUZ8w

Issued and confirmed by The Most Honorable, Leopold I of the House of Reuss, Margrave of Velen.

TO OUR ESTEEMED COUNTRYMEN,

Under the Margrave and Grace of GOD, the realm of the Aschenwald, it has come to the attention of the council and peers of Velen, that those dwelling within our lands did not know all children starting from the age of six years are offered free and proper education to further the development of the minds of our youth. This has been the way of our Margraviate for a decade, but it is finally time to put words to paper and make such an official decree of the Margrave.

We do agree with our people and peers that the practice of reserving higher education for the noble estates is backwards and unfair, all members of not just our realm, but those even beyond our borders deserve to earn their place in society with proper and higher forms of education.

CINIS EX SURGITE

3xtHTDwg_FOGUV0I99nmYK3mwpBl8cd-VTgUPPdFEbs7kzEOnxgmOza52OhY4WvYX9quxJOQ1iHVC1QGKF3JFml2EWvIBuHdBC4eOkuQZpRn1pNGYMiPem7lKCHgeXieJKBxAOHa-nUmZXXLqJ9zwra0Xii5yn7jKn55cdVbljWuMNWX2WpLqZ5qvxkrPQ

The Mont Honorable, Leopold Ulrich von Reuss, Margrave of Velen, Count of Cantal, Baron of Mons Velena, Commander of the Household Guard, Patriarch of the House of Reuss, defender of Velenic Peoples

"OH MY GOD! EDUCATION! I DID NOT LEARN HOW TO READ AND WRITE AT EIGHT YEARS OLD! NO F-CKING WAY!" Louis Joseph reacted quite shocked on the new edict!

Heinrik Sarkozic blinks “I thought the children of von Reuss knew how to read and write by age five?” 

Ada Eloise Von Reuss appreciates a written reminder of her education

1 minute ago, Beamon4 said:

Heinrik Sarkozic blinks “I thought the children on von Reuss knew how to read and write by age five?” 

"They do Lord Sarkozic! Our eldest was writing by 4!" Ravenna von Reuss would speak excitedly

Edited by Marshi

1 minute ago, Marshi said:

"They do Lord Sarkozic! Our eldest was writing by 4!" Ravenna von Reuss would speak excitedly

"As is natural, as is natural." Ottomar von Alstreim spoke, being seated in the tavern within Minitz alongside them. 

"Ah yes, ich appreciate zis mein Margrave. Zhe children of Velen shall not have the minds of barbarians!" Fynn would say as as he continued at clearing out the trees within Ebonwood.

Edited by TheWaffleEater2

Cosima read the notice, "Peter, look I think there might be a school for the children! Perhaps besides our tutorage they could benefit from a broader subject matter."