Story Team Update - Fall

squakhawk

Good Stuff. I love the idea of the more personal focused alchemy. It is a lot more interesting for rp then the themed posts which have become prevalent.

Also thanks for the cameo.

1 hour ago, Qizu said:

you have 56 team members already. . . o_O

12 of those are active 

2 hours ago, squakhawk said:

Mages are affected by these changes too. Alchemy potions now become inert and unusable until two emotes past the disconnection/cessation of magic from the user.

It wasn't exactly specified, what about magic specific alchemy? Eg- dark alchemy for necromancers.

If there is a spell active and youre inside of it (not the mage), eg- whirlwind from air evocation, can you activate a alchemy potion?

What of pets, if a pet has a potion, can it be activated? If the pet was a summon? 

How would enchantments work with alchemy?

I love it when staff lets their community know whats goin on in the team. Keep up the good work!

I love you all! <3

Confused, blasting potion's new description says 2, announcement says 1. 

Also Evo had great questions about the magical implications.

3 hours ago, Samler said:

Confused, blasting potion's new description says 2, announcement says 1. 

Also Evo had great questions about the magical implications.

3 emotes to throw
draw prime throw

2 hours ago, Lord_of_losers said:

3 emotes to throw
draw prime throw

Think he means before a blast pot explodes

I meant time after priming. The lore page and announcement says 2 different things regarding time between priming -> explosion.

Announcement says if not used after 1 emote, explodes in your hand.
Lore page says if not used after 2 emotes, explodes on you.

17 hours ago, E__V__O said:

It wasn't exactly specified, what about magic specific alchemy? Eg- dark alchemy for necromancers.

If there is a spell active and youre inside of it (not the mage), eg- whirlwind from air evocation, can you activate a alchemy potion?

What of pets, if a pet has a potion, can it be activated? If the pet was a summon? 

How would enchantments work with alchemy?

3 hours ago, Samler said:

I meant time after priming. The lore page and announcement says 2 different things regarding time between priming -> explosion.

Announcement says if not used after 1 emote, explodes in your hand.
Lore page says if not used after 2 emotes, explodes on you.

Clarified the blasting potion timer

As well, Black Alchemy isn't necessarily magic, its just the lifeforce base reagent from which they draw a lot of their effects.

The magic limit is auto-alchemist, it's only if the holder/wielder is connecting to a magic or an enchantment. Summons/creations would be inherently magical by default, and would count obviously as an active spell/enchantment.

22 hours ago, squakhawk said:

soon(2122.png)

This is a risky saying Squak.... Risky indeed.

Where is my magic plugin soonTM...?

3 hours ago, squakhawk said:

The magic limit is auto-alchemist, it's only if the holder/wielder is connecting to a magic or an enchantment. Summons/creations would be inherently magical by default, and would count obviously as an active spell/enchantment.

Focusing on this,

1) You cannot use enchantments/magic while actively using alchemy.

- I assume you cannot prepare multiple alchemy potions at the same time? ,

- Would an alchemy potion counts as a major action similar to enchantments/casting? As in the beholder while priming/readying a potion have limited moved an actions to represent it?
eg- Unable to attack/strike/block or move X amount of blocks while focusing?

2) Summons/creations would be inherently magical by default, and would count obviously as an active spell/enchantment.

- If you have a 'druid' who is communing with an animal, does this count as magical since communion doesn't have any 'cast times' and passive by default? 

When a Druid reaches Tier 5, Communion becomes a passive ability which does not require concentration and effort to maintain it is insignificant.

- If you have a golem/atronach/alchemy man/smoggers, ext would they be able to activate or carry an activated alchemy potion?

- If you have two people, one is a conjurationist who summons a cow. The second person not connected, placed an activated potion on said cow. Is this possible?

- Is an Olog now unable to carry alchemist potions as they wouldn't understand how to activate them?