Admin Update - Safety

itdontmatta

Gonna be a debby downer and say, regardless of what you do this does nothing to truly protect victims. Protecting them from pedos/groomer should mean appropriate involvement with law enforcement and im being geniune in that statement. I have a groomer who im not comfortable coming out with and it's been 5 years. I refuse to speak on it because i truly fear for my safety. A ban does nothing but prevent them from going onto one mcrp server out of the hundreds of others, they still committed an actual crime and can continue to do so elsewhere. Lotc shouldn't care if they could get into legal trouble, theyre already in it by not reporting actual child exploitation... if the person has groomed a minor, persued multiple minors for that fact then take the initiative to get the proper authorities involved. Theyre fucked up individuals and they don't deserve 1. A platform 2. To feel safe enough to venture elsewhere under the presumption that no one knows the shit they did. 

As a victim of child exploitation, sexual extortion from the early ages of 9. I will be as vocal as I can about this matter to ensure that no one has to endure what I had to endure. I can agree that victims should be made to feel safe, but how can you protect them from their own monsters when they can just make alt accounts for example ComicD going on an alt to peruse their same victim. Figure out a solution, figure out what you as a team - as a company can do to report these people to actual authorities. 

I want lotc to stop using the excuse that "we could get into legal trouble" as some sort of thin veil to hide behind. You have the evidence, You have the proof these adults perused minors. Label them what they are. 

On 4/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, Setsuko_ said:

11 hours ago, Summerisdumb said:

Gonna be a debby downer and say, regardless of what you do this does nothing to truly protect victims. Protecting them from pedos/groomer should mean appropriate involvement with law enforcement and im being geniune in that statement. I have a groomer who im not comfortable coming out with and it's been 5 years. I refuse to speak on it because i truly fear for my safety. A ban does nothing but prevent them from going onto one mcrp server out of the hundreds of others, they still committed an actual crime and can continue to do so elsewhere. Lotc shouldn't care if they could get into legal trouble, theyre already in it by not reporting actual child exploitation... if the person has groomed a minor, persued multiple minors for that fact then take the initiative to get the proper authorities involved. Theyre fucked up individuals and they don't deserve 1. A platform 2. To feel safe enough to venture elsewhere under the presumption that no one knows the shit they did. 

As a victim of child exploitation, sexual extortion from the early ages of 9. I will be as vocal as I can about this matter to ensure that no one has to endure what I had to endure. I can agree that victims should be made to feel safe, but how can you protect them from their own monsters when they can just make alt accounts for example ComicD going on an alt to peruse their same victim. Figure out a solution, figure out what you as a team - as a company can do to report these people to actual authorities. 

I want lotc to stop using the excuse that "we could get into legal trouble" as some sort of thin veil to hide behind. You have the evidence, You have the proof these adults perused minors. Label them what they are. 

I very much agree with this, too many times have such people just been banned and able to walk away

(Also...I have no clue why I can't get rid of the other random quote)

Edited by wolfersquad2004

On 11/7/2022 at 3:20 AM, Summerisdumb said:

Let me expose them to their family and ruin their life for you hmu im scarier