[Map Update | Your View] - 9.0

squakhawk

7 minutes ago, Aesopian said:

I say we all build a giant drill and the next map takes place underground in a big cave

heh

pls bring mining worlds back I miss my audiobooks

I think the main issue with me is that there is no innovation in planning maps— they are all

roughly circular blobs of land with nations sprinkled on top of it. 

Why don’t you play a little with the shapes? Make an ocean run in the middle? Create several oceans? Several island? Make part of the map a floating city? 
There seems to be little imagination used. 

make the map interactive, add Easter eggs around the map, make it so players can play with with and without staff intervention.
Add biomes, cultures in regards to biomes… stories, buildings all over. Make big cities and small Villages— a lot of Almaris is completely unused.

what is important to realise that nation capitals are the main source of RP. Create incentives for nations having a certain activity % in more than one of their tiles. Don’t make roads linear but rather make them go through many a settlement, advertising options where

to RP. 
create a system that promotes RP that is spread around instead or a centralised system. 

economy is a big part, make people RP for their money— remove the damn AH for every signed item, only regular blocks etc. 

make mina’s physical, remove server ran banks and create a plugin for player run banks. 

idk I’m tired but these are some ideas I had 

Oh yeah and as for CT please don’t make it another hypixel lobby— the build is amazing but it’s not lotc. 

tutorial island is for newbies, make it separate from CT but easy to find. Again, allow player interactivity— perhaps a bounty board? A few player run shops that change once a week? 

43 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Obviously.

But taking 3 months after you're done with the base paint really won't help. I can tell you one thing: This will be at least May and LOTC won't even hit 130 players on weekdays by then.

After painting the map, they have to build up the CT probably. After that, they have to discuss with nation leaders about the new map and locations. They have to set things up and give them 2 months or so to build up capitals. Think it's more on when they started to do the map may be the issue that you're having.

My prediction is we'll have the new map, probably in Feburary to as you said sometime in May. Which realistically seems far away but it also isn't at the same time.

1 hour ago, squakhawk said:

Let’s say, not on the map but…above the map

It's been 10 years.

Finally.

49 minutes ago, E__V__O said:

To the idea of hubs I believe you can utilise the same system you have now with some changes.

Keeping the four main hubs, north, east, south and west but have them lead to a different corner of CT. In this corner will have Fast Travel points if needed to the settlements/nations in that area.

This way, it prevents players from capturing tiles round hubs, and able to put players directly to the role-play. 

Couldn’t we just have a smaller, easier to navigate CT design and a traditional FT hub setup instead?

If you need fast travel to get from one end of CT to the other that’s an oversized CT. I think we should just rip off the Axios CT redesign by putting the CT on an island somewhere with boat warps to relevant nations and secondary cart FT hubs.

What do I want from Cloud Temple?

I experienced Atlas and the very beginning of Arcas. In Atlas I really enjoyed the stands that were centered all around, selling various goods. Almaris had a few of those stands but they were centered in a line. Maybe you could have something like that? Arcas had that too, but it was more in a circle with the banker/auction in the middle. Atlas also had a greenhouse which was really neat. Instead of getting flowers from different hubs, it was all in one centered place. I don't know if Arcas had that, but Arcas did have its own wheat field new and old players alike could go to and get wheat for bread or otherwise which was nice when you didn't have a home or suddenly needed food because you ran out or something. Now you just steal from the new player chest (seen it happen before) or buy it off the auction house. Though I mean, the AH only sells bread for like two mina.
Each of those also were integrated into the world. I would like to wish that CT would be integrated into the map like those two, where you could run to your destination, but plans are already made for it being up in the sky it seems. Guess it'll fit it's name for once.. Cloud Temple being amongst the clouds.

I've read through what others have been saying as well but I generally like how you can rp in the CT, it gives it more heart than some lobby waiting for you to go into a respective portal (or tunnel, counting that there's a halfling group nearby now.) Even to rp in the sky, it could be something like the first iteration of Ando Alur and how it was a floating city. You can still rp there and then use the magic teleport (and maybe get motion sickness if your character can't handle that-) to get down and go around to wherever you want to go. I suppose just keep it as a spot where there still can be activity in it, where people can chat and exist. I liked how others were saying a group notice board, where you could put different things to seek out groups. Would help new players begin to find where they like rping and help those without a group currently, find where their character belongs in a sense.
Okay that's all goodnight.

3 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Couldn’t we just have a smaller, easier to navigate CT design and a traditional FT hub setup instead?

If you need fast travel to get from one end of CT to the other that’s an oversized CT. I think we should just rip off the Axios CT redesign by putting the CT on an island somewhere with boat warps to relevant nations and secondary cart FT hubs.

It was more to separate a congestion of hubs in one area and which can be expanded on if needed. 

I'm not asking for a large CT build but one that is thought out and ways for expansion without congestion. Separating the four main hubs to then transport you to another area of the map where you can find the right role-play location you want to go would be more ease of access and directly putting you in RP.

We can come up with a better system though I feel this one would be better then "who has the closest spot to a hub or CT to monopolise rp"

59 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

who's the painter

don't you know?

3 minutes ago, E__V__O said:

It was more to separate a congestion of hubs in one area and which can be expanded on if needed. 

I'm not asking for a large CT build but one that is thought out and ways for expansion without congestion. Separating the four main hubs to then transport you to another area of the map where you can find the right role-play location you want to go would be more ease of access and directly putting you in RP.

We can come up with a better system though I feel this one would be better then "who has the closest spot to a hub or CT to monopolise rp"

I don’t think it needs to specifically be cardinal directions nor do the secondary warp hubs need to be inside of CT. I say we bring back the human docks, elf docks, dwarf docks, etc. from Axios so we don’t have to make CT as big.

Maybe no hubs it's a bad idea since making the nations and the rest of places more accessible, especially for new players should be a priority for all of us. And, if it is already confirmed that there will not be hubs next map I think that fast travel should be a feature of the next map.

P.S: Cool video! @Anore

then you'll be happy :j

:0

56 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I don’t think it needs to specifically be cardinal directions nor do the secondary warp hubs need to be inside of CT. I say we bring back the human docks, elf docks, dwarf docks, etc. from Axios so we don’t have to make CT as big.

I believe the only issue with having racial hubs like that eliminates non race settlements/nations for example if Lubba/Lurin becomes a nation. It is miscellaneous. Where would that go for your dock idea?

Plus how do you then limit FT, by allowing only nations? Or do we allow settlements? 

CT doesn't have to be big to incorporate all the fast travel points.

I will personally find and execute anyone who wants
Hubs
Hubs
Any more hubs
Activity checks
Pastes
Limited creative
No resource pits