The Absent Margrave

Tourning

OCQXJNDkHFa95Il6YJzag4kmO0RUV6YVcXyqeLhpqZ6q7BZOwAFuA0wHh06S0LWWWkZ8lvqSF1PSmafE4kNroHjI5mBppMjDH1R98jaAPmco3kZZQEFG5lCUGF71H2EfRyOga0dGtQnWTz4uLjAQqiIZ77d0AlDcVNm_dxly8oSV9IDkf8XSBNV47fxhXA

VnmAi1ymAm5QBU0U8BAoLSjvHoyI6WrjmZ9GKwRDA1ubxl1nevU3ZlMXZN_-pkZl2O1PBzOvQLLCXnlKVWBf1v2NjaaQx9vwxafaCfklZl-dOE1coNtRMGx0AKbAHhjpcuvIBQ_j-MmtI-Y4-f_kQ4OaIcKEIJV2iiVz3GpexTI9aZQJezly0hWsxx3lXw
Penned by Walentyna Stasia Jazloviecki, 11th of the Amber Cold, 1897

House Jazloviecki has been one of turbulence and turmoil as of the last decade, facing many hardships from many different foes and internal sources alike. Unfortunately for all of us remaining, we have yet another to tally, concerning the sudden disappearance of Borys IV, the now former Jazloviecki Patriarch, and heir apparent of the House. We, as the remaining members of the house, cannot overstate our grief and confusion for Borys, who was a proud and upstanding boy who had great things envisioned for our house, and to have these opportunities so spontaneously stripped from all of us is nothing but heartbreaking. As the succession line falls, I, Walentyna Stasia Jazloviecki, shall be the new Matriarch of House Jazloviecki, but with my continued illness causing me to be unable to effectively take responsibility for our family, Lady Bianka Ophelia Jazloviecki will take the reins over our House for the foreseeable future. From this point onward, we may only attempt to look past this tragedy, and focus on the future for our house and look for greener pastures in our stint in Petra, and anywhere else time may take us. 

SIGNED,

House Matriarch Walentyna Stasia Jazloviecki

Lady Bianka Ophelia Jazloviecki

A certain man would read the missive, a frown dawned upon his lips as he read about the state of the house. A shiver would crawl up his spine as he ran an index finger and thumb down the length of his nose, cursing quietly to himself.

Jan Jazloviecki smiled as he read the document "Perhaps this is the price we pay for all the sins of our House? Maybe from now on it will only be better?" He said to himself, trying to keep the positive attitude before letting out a sigh at the memory of Borys "And you my dearest brother? I hope we will meet again in the garden of the Lord." After that the Bastard of Grodno folded the missive in half and went for a walk around the nearby lake

There were no words that left the lips of a dark-haired woman. Simply, she grimaced; scrunching the letter in her gloved hand as if it were thorns. Despite her attempts to let it go from her mind for the rest of the day, the thought of the house's state made her restless. In the end, she retired to her bed and sat upon it - a particular portrait across her room staring right back at her.

Makoto Iekami frowned upon reading not only on the state of the House but also upon hearing of Walentyna's condition. Of course, his faith in the children of his dearest friends remained unwavering as he was certain they would be able to pull through their current predicament no matter how grim things seemed. "I ought to pay the children a visit, the least I can do is support them as much as I can through these trying times." He handed the missive over to Mayumi and Elysia to read for themselves.

The young Bianka could no longer stand idly for as she had shoes to fill. "I shall honour this House. Please give me strength Father and Mother." She whispered to herself, glaring up to the Seven Skies while the note laid crumpled in her lap.