Renewal of the Ironguts

Beholder

ueYlfOo.png

11th of The Deep Cold, Year 101 of The Second Age

Spoiler

There comes a time when one must step up and do what they think is right for their people, when they cannot sit idly by and be apathetic to the plight of one's clan. For me, that time is now.

Let it be known to all my kin that I, Briga Irongut, declare myself to be Clan Mother of Clan Irongut from this day forth. For too long we have faded into obscurity, considered one of the lesser clans by our brethren, and all but forgotten by the world. I aim to change that. No longer shall the Ironguts be considered a fading clan. No longer shall our kinsman look to the future with uncertainty. It is time for a change. I will rebuild Clan Irongut anew, and save us from the edge of oblivion. Irongut deserves a nobler fate than fading into the night, and under my leadership I will see it prosper in the light of day once more.

Our clan was renown for the great works and magics we once crafted, and by Yemekar's grace I will reclaim those days once again. The realm will see the glory of our craft and know that Clan Irongut remains at the pinnacle of our field.

Many might call me too young or brash to take up the position of Clan Mother. Many might doubt my prowess. I do not claim to be the best choice, but I am the one who is willing to take action, here and now. It is because of my impatience that I am not content to wait and watch the uncertain future of my clan. I will not stand by a moment longer. I call upon my fellow Ironguts to join me in seeking a better future for our clan, one that sees us standing again next to our kin at the forefront, rather than being forgotten in the background.

"You 'ave mah support, Briga!" Ealisaid cheered.

Dwain sends his support and regards from his hidden sanctuary 

A fat Irongut would read the news as he ate a couple dozen pies. "Huh... ets been a whoile since A've last seen me pops... A 'ope 'e is well..." he would eat a couple dozen more pies before adding. "Per'aps A s'ould present meself before t'is lass. A miss being around me family..."

Grimdal Irongut would send his support, if the news reached his tomb...

"We'll have to renew the old treaties" mused the Lord of all that is Golden amongst his grand home in the deep winter, stirring idly in his chair.

A gentle soul claps for her companion briga upon hearing the news 

A random dark dwarf shrugged “ah mean dis beats lookin fer falk…. ‘ope Dey’re at least well.”

"Truly, this bortu, PINNACLE amongst Ironguts! For it is by HER bravery, and HER TRUE GRIT, was that ladly Fellowship, that BAND of heros able to surpass the darkest of temples, that most ancient Antediluvian challenge. The Labyrinth... Emerging as champions, noticed by Qarkah. May she live eternally! In song and memory! For her name, carved forevermore upon the Stele of Sulianpoli!" Extols the High-Priest of the Temple Complex there in the bronzed citystate, wearing that brazen mask of a terrifying elven ancestor! "May she guide her people well! For I shall bring gifts to her, may she share them amongst those worthy!"

Garedyn The Green laughed with joy. "If teh qualiteh o' yer smithin work es aneh indicator, oi'm sure you'll do great!" He said to his apprentice.

Ursus Grandaxe nods approvingly as the news reached him. 'Vereh gud, vereh gud. Yeh cahn revoitaloise oneh o' teh Oldest Clans 'round, brin' et back frum extinction"

"Fehck yeah, take teh reins n' yank upon teh strin' o' fate, Briga, I suppor' yeh fulleh!"

Charsi would give a thumbs-up to her friend and smithy companion.

[!] There in those dimly lit halls of the Kornazkarumm were a single figure wrapped in robes of brown. In the midst of a study, his grey hands caressed the bindings of a series of books, the sigil of the Clan Irongut beholden upon it. The Remembrancer spoke nothing yet a quiet smile adorned his weary face at the prospect. As the book creaked open at his behest, his silence grew into quiet contemplation for the age to come. Quietly he dipped a quill into the inkwell and began...

So it comes to pass that a new age be upon this fractured realm of we khazamar. A candle kindled aflame by youths passion to see her clan restored unto glory.  Briga Irongut, blood of the First Elder Clan announces her plea to become Clan Mother of the Elder Clan Irongut and her ancestors. Time shall tell if she be a worthy successor to her forebears and the mantle of duty that shall  weigh heavily upon her...