[Amendment] Blood Magic

rukio

Previous:

Spoiler

Hemorrhaging - Combative
By reaching out to the throb of genus within others users may tamper with their blood pressure, causing inconsequential bleeds from an assortment of locations.

Mechanics:

Primarily utilized for intimidation, hemorrhaging is the truest form of inhand bloodbending. With this spell blood mages are capable of reaching out to insignificantly tug at and tamper with another’s circulation, causing a myriad of results across a range of tiers. Bleeding subsides after a set amount of emotes but a who character applies pressure to the area, bandages it, or otherwise makes an attempt to clot or cover bleeding areas will shorten the effect down to 1-2 emotes.

Tier 1: Blood mages are capable of starting or stopping a nosebleed on one target, as well as the feeling of one’s heart uncomfortably pounding in their chest up to 2 blocks in front of them. These bled locations must be in the blood mage’s line of sight. Bleeding subsides after 3 emotes unless addressed.

Tier 2: Blood mages are capable of starting or stopping a nosebleed, as well as the feeling of one’s heart uncomfortably pounding in their chest, bleeding from the ears on 2 targets up to 4 blocks in front of them. These bled locations must be in the blood mage’s line of sight. Bleeding subsides after 4 emotes unless addressed.

Tier 3: Blood mages are capable of starting or stopping a nosebleed, as well as the feeling of one’s heart uncomfortably pounding in their chest, bleeding from the ears and tear ducts on 3 targets up to 6 blocks in front of them. These bled locations must be in the blood mage’s line of sight. Bleeding subsides after 4 emotes unless addressed.

Tier 4: Blood mages are capable of starting or stopping a nosebleed, as well as the feeling of one’s heart uncomfortably pounding in their chest, bleeding from the ears, tear ducts and gums on 4 targets up to 8 blocks in all directions around them for which line of sight is not required. Bleeding subsides after 4 emotes unless addressed.

Tier 5: Blood mages are capable of starting or stopping a nosebleed, the feeling of one’s heart uncomfortably pounding in their chest, bleeding from the ears, tear ducts, gums and even coughing up blood on any targets within 8 blocks in all directions around them for which line of sight is not required. Bleeding subsides after 5 emotes unless addressed.

Hemhorraging requires 2 emotes to cast during which time the blood mage must be relatively still (Still able to talk, read, and gesture And at look around) and at lower tiers must keep their target(s) within their line of sight. Given the same amount of emotes, a blood mage can overcome and protect themselves from hemorrhaging utilized by another blood mage of the same tier or lower. 

Red Lines:
-Hemorrhaging can be cast at any time, regardless of combat, but can have no impact on it. It is a primarily aesthetic ability. Whilst blood lost from any type of bleed can be as aesthetically gruesome and as copious as the victim decides, nosebleeds, bleeding ears, eyes, gums and coughed up blood as a result of hemorrhaging will not physically harm victims past very functionally negligible blood loss and feelings of discomfort. Further, induced effects such as raised heart rates will have no impact on body functions, nosebleeds will have no impact on breathing or smelling, bleeding ears will have no impact on hearing and bleeding eyes will have no impact on sight and bleeding gums will have no impact on breathing, speech or taste. Blood coughed up will have no impact on breathing and can at most interrupt speech. Hemorrhaging does not interrupt spell casting or otherwise cause real harm.
-Blood spent with hemorrhaging is inert and has no impact on the amount of genus a person has, and similarly cannot be utilized for its value in genus. 
-Hemorrhaging only functions on genus-having blood, though does not act as a genus-detecting radar. When cast on their area at higher tiers (as opposed to on individuals, up to the blood mage’s discretion), those who are out of the blood mage’s line of sight will be considered as affected by accident and the blood mage is not supernaturally alerted to their presence. Further, hemorrhaging attempts on creatures without genus would simply fail. 

Purposed change:

Removal of the spell

Alternatively:

Proposed change:

Changes in redlines

Or

Function shift from Combative to non-combative 

Redline being removed/needing adjusting:

-Hemorrhaging can be cast at any time, regardless of combat, but can have no impact on it. It is a primarily aesthetic ability. Whilst blood lost from any type of bleed can be as aesthetically gruesome and as copious as the victim decides, nosebleeds, bleeding ears, eyes, gums and coughed up blood as a result of hemorrhaging will not physically harm victims past very functionally negligible blood loss and feelings of discomfort.

Redline additions proposed

(pick and choose what you like ST):

-Unable to be cast if the blood mage has been wounded significantly (i.e. bleeding more than hemorrhaging itself would cause: An open wound, a blow to the head, so on, so forth.

-Hemorrhaging is a primarily aesthetic ability. Blood lost as a result of hemorrhaging will not physically harm victims past very functional negligible blood loss and feelings of discomfort. 

1 hour ago, rukio said:

Purposed change:

Removal of the spell

This is so powerful that I'm unable to do anything but upvote.

I don't care if it's right or wrong, right now, her balls far dwarf anyones on ST

Why bother even doing this to a ability that basically does nothing lmao

Personally, I think it would be cool to make the ability stronger. . . 

Hemorrhaging is a great ability that's one of the more commonly used spells for Blood Mages. To remove it would be foolish and be a hit to the blood magic community. It has no actual harm to people, people can not get hurt because of it. -1

1 hour ago, rukio said:

-Unable to be cast if the blood mage has been wounded significantly (i.e. bleeding more than hemorrhaging itself would cause: An open wound, a blow to the head, so on, so forth.

Like, if this was implemented but also gave the ability some more power. 

Might be op tho, so idk

1 hour ago, rukio said:

Hemorrhaging - Combative
By reaching out to the throb of genus within others users may tamper with their blood pressure, causing inconsequential bleeds from an assortment of locations.

Reading the spell description here can leads the mind to believe the ability is more powerful than at least from what people in the comments specify.

If it wasn't for that I would support the amendment change as you're clarifying it a bit more than what is written at least, nor toning down the ability strength.

Honestly, yeah, remove the spell. It's just used to cast it on people during events while being totally hidden to just troll and disrupt events. "haha, i will go to this court session and make everyone's eyes bleed. My tell? oh it's breathing out through my nose a bit harder than normal."

Blood mages deserve nothing but being called pvp on if they do this

5 minutes ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

Honestly, yeah, remove the spell. It's just used to cast it on people during events while being totally hidden to just troll and disrupt events. "haha, i will go to this court session and make everyone's eyes bleed. My tell? oh it's breathing out through my nose a bit harder than normal."

Blood mages deserve nothing but being called pvp on if they do this

This can be said for any magic. They all have stupid ways to use them, but outright removal of the spell doesn't really change that in this case. With this same spell, you can have dramatic moments of intimidation or even well planned subterfuge and framing, among other things.

7 minutes ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

To be fair... That's pretty funny.