To Spread a Hoarded Art

Orlanth

TO SPREAD A HOARDED ART

[!] Around the world of Almaris, posters were put up city during the night, save for those that always kept their gates closed.

Spoiler

To all of the MASTER-SMITHS of Almaris, and beyond, I – The Great Woodcrafter, have managed to develop and invent a new craft; Ferry-Timber. It took me many years, decades even, of pure unbridled skill and talent to figure out this skill. I journeyed towards it after having gained full control of the natural metals of Almaris, and with a lifetime supply of Thanhium there was nothing stopping me from pursuing this endeavor. I was visited by a Wood Elven Tree-Man, which is a creature woven out of trees and wood – this man offered to me some of his bark from his arms, and with it, he taught me this art amidst a ring of Fae who came to watch us make history. Then, I innovated in it. This is how Ferry-Timber came to be, though the wood elves would butcher its name and refer to it as iron wood, something that the Tree-Man rather told me was a Humanized-Term.

He was very proud of me, and patted me on the back. In this experience, I came to realize that unless Elves have a father figure, they are doomed to hell and failure. The Tree-Man asked me ‘What is your relationship with your father?’ 

To this, I replied; ‘I never had one.’

And yet, he gently smiled and patted me on the back, and stated that his name is MALIN. FATHER OF ALL ELVES.

I was shocked. In awe of the Tree-Man. Malin lives. And we are all Sons of Malin. He told me to spread it (Ferry-Timber), for the art has long been hoarded by the greedy hearts of the Wood Elves who chose trees over their distant and more successful cousins. (Deplorable).

Nonetheless, he soon left for he stated that being around the current elves reduces the testosterone in his body. Not without a final message; ‘Spread this. Spread this craft. You, my Sons, are instruments of my will. And this will be done.’

OViA2nJHdL0dqLFBNeIgMPAiXVEw5W_8qiTaxGmb03YWaIsp9rdQs2jvXvI0e4YY93s76SKBoueMYkCsDhyD2JrVwJYMxAj2w4DDxCSMUGVIROg-Lcc6dQrd6MQbu4FhtXQV7vAGFBhFzWJlY4WgXAvxXEo6TQJ0lg-zpooVtSoq26j8bERfEWgQ_xk55A

[Depiction of the kind stranger/Malin.]

With that, he took his final breath as the last of his testosterone was taken from him. The Father.. – OUR FATHER, MALIN – has finally died. With that, the Tree-man became just a tree. I bid my respect to him, what a man, before leaving. I now do this to help him. TO AID THE MAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO ALL ELVES. MALIN.

K1kjPjCgkMhqLWQQPeMdzl6-GlMuHD3e8OctZtHl1cDxVcSEpn5CFZAXPYY0XxX-n0-1Wadj8LADH2vbcs2dvBlhzSprkkULoHsojoaBslEl-GVHjWveEahMzOAKG0LplP2v_AvFEgMFw2QXdnbvpfgrjH9NO5WJDOqfTpgOwkT98emzmur7XR17FzqKwg

[Depiction of the kind stranger/Malin after he died and became a tree.]

Those who consider themselves worthy of learning the technique of Ferry-Timber, I bid you seek me out and I shall train you in this long hoarded art, that has been forcibly kept behind a gate. No longer. The gate is open, and those of true worth may walk inside and see the knowledge for themselves.

"My student invented a new smithing technique, to say that I'm impressed is an understatement."

The dark man commented, dipping his head in respect.

"May you find some students, and it seems that I've a trip to make.."

"NUB WAE." Connak screamed at the missive, throwing his hands skyward before collapsing to his knees and begging for forgiveness from Malin. Connak had considered Vytrek his father, but had seemingly lost his way.

Éldi, The Traveling Smith read the missive, as his jaw dropped in awe.

"Ah need tu get a 'old of t'is- it wehll be quick." He said before packing his smithing tools into a bag.

The young dwarf then set out on a journey to find traces of this discovery.

Spoiler

Have no idea how much of this is a meme/intentionally just trying to annoy people and how much is legit, so I’d recommend putting your character’s name on there. Because atm there’s nothing to identify him as people would know him and anyone seeking you out would be considered to be metagaming.

25 minutes ago, DragonofTaters said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Have no idea how much of this is a meme/intentionally just trying to annoy people and how much is legit, so I’d recommend putting your character’s name on there. Because atm there’s nothing to identify him as people would know him and anyone seeking you out would be considered to be metagaming.

Spoiler

It says the great woodcrafter. Everyone knows who that is.