A SISTER'S APOLOGY

sarahbarah

A SISTER’S APOLOGY

ma4EjQW-W8QaDupVmDdI82-Y1VgVWEzXnctsM1aRwMaVvtfLk8YauTnmh_qK5IRpkMVJx_Fs9Lh0aGXmPFUaME70uKDFYaotiKGeY6Tbx2V6XPbw_rw5life9C6O27FNeBc-xkNPiuHvTcDVEU4UVTjUBpuLd8_OmHeVPTTPAXmrhVEwduNy_sb9th09VQ

WITH DUTY COMES HONOR

Issued by the

COUNTESS OF JEROVITZ

On the 2nd day of  Gronna and Droba of 451 E.S.

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV E EDLEVRIK,

With my pilgrimage of self-reflection having come to a conclusion, I feel that now the time is nigh to address the many misconceptions and rumours stirred. Thus, I make this statement:

I have lived an extraordinary life, and admittedly, more privileged than most given the circumstances surrounding my birth. Loyalty and familial duty were instilled in me from a very young age, two traits of which I am ashamed to have found myself unaligned. My behavior as of late has been unbefitting of a woman now titled - for that, I offer both my most sincerest of apologies to the Crown, the people, and most importantly, my Duke and brother. 

It was the Duke of Vidaus who rose me from my station of bastard to a recognised lady of the peerage. In my rashness, I repaid him with such insult as follows; with only the permission granted by a Lok and without the dowry for my hand being paid, I wed the newfound heir of Kortrevich and did not grant my family the opportunity to attend my nuptials, spare for my sister Adelajda vas Ruthern. 

Once my brother heard of my betrayal, he commanded me to stay within the confines of our familial home while he waited for the dowry, and subsequent apology, to be given to him. I was not kidnapped, nor treated as a prisoner, and could freely roam the Duchy as I wished. I now apologise to my sister, Lady Adelajda vas Ruthern, and our leal guardsman, Firr Emeric Radovanic, both of whom I brought harm to during this stay in Vidaus. 

I am ashamed to have behaved so poorly while so unwell, and having struck my sister, then turned my frustration to Firr Emeric as he attempted to intervene on behalf of Lady vas Ruthern. This situation, most unbefitting family, then brought countless concerned guardsmen to Druzstra, where I screamed and cried in a sudden fit of hysteria that came upon me, and so the misconception of my kidnapping came to be. I have always said privately that my brother had never chained me like an animal, and now I do so publicly.

Further discussions and negotiations shall be underway upon a secondary meeting between our two houses. I can only pray for peace and the renewal of kinship between us, and once more apologize for the much distress recent events have wrought upon our hearts.

SIGNED,

The Right Honourable, Viorica Irena Kortrevich 

Countess-Consort of Jerovitz, Viscountess-Consort of Krusev, and Baroness-Consort of Koravia

Wynanya Arvellon, once more perhaps overly invested in the ventures of her favorite valah Talonnii, lights a cigarette and gestures wildly to the missive - complaining to anyone who would listen about the many virtues of Lady Ric'ii, and what fuss is a wedding worth in the Second-Age Century, anyway?

A certain Kortrevich let out a quiet laugh, "Oh Godan - a silence Ren! Have you read this? Pour a new glass!"

"She still betrayed our family." Kazimir var Ruthern grumbles from within the confines of the Drustrza, frowning forlornly at such a predicament. "How could she tarnish our borsas name so readily, and then marry a shiteater who would insult her other borsa at their own betrothal dinner?" a scowl forms upon his lips then, his head shaking.

"Ea can niet forgive her so easily, for what she has done."

Just then, he glances down at his palms. Fleetingly, the memory of almost choking the life out of Matviy Kortrevich crosses through his mind, and he smiles in wistful nostalgia.

Viktoriya Barclay tore small strips from the page. "The best way to keep a prisoner is to make sure they do niet know they're captured, Viorica." She spoke to an empty room, sighing. "Vy are their prisoner, but vy are smarter than this." Tossing the torn page into the flames, she gave a blank stare into the embers. "**** the Rutherns.." Viktoriya, who carried the vas Ruthern name before marriage, hissed into the air. "We've escaped, Vio.. Do niet return to the prison they call Vidaus." 

Deep in the Attenlund swamp, a wounded one eyed figure laughs and drawls.

”And people dare say that what you reap is what you sow, me and you are more alike than ever before, cousin.”

News of her sister’s missive would reach Adelajda vas Ruthern as she finished setting up her new shop and apartment. The woman would obsessively pick at each piece of decor and every display, possibly using her new business as a way to avoid the present issues within her life. As she thought to herself, weighing her different options, the lady would maintain a saddened expression, though would shake her head to rid herself of the pressing words in her mind. She simply did not know what to make of things….

An opinion on other nobility's matters was something Giovanna rarely afford for herself, but this, only brought scowl to her face.

Sparking into question what she would be, should an unspoken Aunt exposed her in place of legitimization. The truth of the matter, the same, currently within a position fueled by her own blood sweet and tears to climb towards. Something she would of been anyway under the guise of a commoner or the truth as a bastard.

Truth of the matter, she'd needed to go knock some sense into her seer friend, Viorica, once more.... While ignoring the urge to punch her brother.