whyapac

Minecraft IGN(s):

whyapac

Discord:

Mustard#9917

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

"Hacked client, contact Moderation Administrator Rilath#0001 for more information".

What circumstances led to this ban?

Essentially, I was inside of the Lectorate HQ (Temple Fortress of Saint Felder’s Rock) with my lector friends while talking with them on Discord. At that time, I had newly downloaded a client that had the feature of being able to climb walls. I thought I "needed" this feature because one of the lectors had taken my front door permissions as a joke and I had to use the climbing feature to access the temple through the roof access which was unlocked. This client had other features like being able to reach through walls. As a joke, I was reaching through a wall and spamming a lever that triggered a redstone contraption in the basement of the temple which was very noisy and had all the brother Lectors wondering how it was happening. I must have been being spectated because I was banned moments after. From what I've been told, it was another Lector that had reported me to the admins. I don't fault him for it and I'm actually a little glad he did it. It taught me a lesson.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with the ban. I was using a hacked client, which is a bannable offense. There's no doubt about it. I deserved what I got regardless of how innocent I was in my intentions.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

Today marks exactly 100 days since I've been banned, and there hasn't been a day yet where I haven't wanted to log onto LOTC but have been unable to because of the ban. On two occasions I tried to reach out to Rilath via Discord and ask if I can appeal sooner but I didn't receive any response. I assume he has been busy. When I got banned, I was heavily involved in Church of Canon roleplay and I had just been newly-appointed as Bishop of Sedan after leaving the lectorate. Things were starting to get extremely good for me and I wasted it all by being idiotic and downloading a client and doing something I shouldn't have. In my time being banned, I've spoken with some of the hierarchy of the Church of Canon and they have been gracious enough to offer me another role in the Church if I were to become unbanned and return. I believe they all know that I'm very sorry for what I've done and that I just want to roleplay.

Attach other relevant information.

When I got banned on 08/06/2022, Rilath said I could appeal on 12/10/2022. I'd like to come back earlier if possible. I think enough time has passed (100 days) to serve as a sufficient punishment for my actions and I hope this appeal stands to prove precisely how sorry I am. I really regret what I did and I don't make any excuses for it. I could guarantee that on my return that I would keep my nose clean and not cause any headaches for anyone. I'm just wanting to become re-involved in church roleplay again.

Edited by whyapac

A wonderfully harmless fellow who just wants to do church rp. Let him back in...

- Whyapac, this is addressed to you. Don't say or allude to any no no words, at least until March.

people deserve second chances i hope whyapac can show that he's redeemed :)

Whyapac is a good guy. Played with him on multiple games and he truly is a wholesome fellow. Let him back in!