Firelands Report

Dyl

Firelands Report

w9vNAzqEOMx83pS6w_vmwBpak5SW5xwdb9iNMjwlco14RqUdgJnHPHFgouqou4spnWcRv-Zj06hrJNNOkjaDJhF1s1DE_9hU1HGey-0zJIKuA07yTFAv28FxkkopQ7p3vcf3zZ_jtUibezHzKglKDmnGRLEDkRvA2Gt9SIQabVg7GFv3fs1ePmR_g0Fdyg

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

As per His Majesty’s request, I, Ser Vladimir Hothand, led a group of seven to the Firelands in an effort to locate the nest of Cloudbreaker. Its lair is well hidden within the Firelands, so well that mapping the route to the nest is impractical. The only way to reach Cloudbreaker’s lair is through the use of guides from the Almarian Society of Bounties and Beasts, but they will not provide any assistance other than that. 

The area where Cloudbreaker resides is covered in ash, more so than the rest of the Firelands. Here the ash impacts vision, and those without protective coverings will find the ash near blinding. When we arrived, we were quick to locate a horse with no rider, we can only assume its rider perished. After a bit of time we came upon a trail of lava leading into a cave, it is advised to wear heat protective clothing, normal armor is too hot and will hinder movement, but it is possible to progress without the use of heat protective equipment.

As stated before, we were not the first to come upon Cloudbreaker’s lair. A party before us met a grim fate, while no bodies were found, swords, crossbows, and shields littered the ground. We can only assume they perished or panicked with fear. Deeper within the cavern, we found a pile of melted gold, but we dare not touch it. Nearby the giant remains of what we assume to be a meal of Cloudbreaker, for all that remained were the bones. We traversed deeper into the cavern, and came upon an opening, here is where we assume Cloudbreaker resides

Here, those without athin treated equipment cannot even enter, for the heat is too much to bear. I alone entered the room, I was not leaving until I had seen or felt the beast myself. The ash here completely hinders vision, I advise coming up with a way to retain visibility while in the room, lest we will be wandering blind. Giant chains hung from the cavern's ceiling, whatever chained Cloudbreaker up must have been even greater than the beast itself. I slowly made my way through the room, keeping my eyes on what little surroundings I could observe when I heard the sound of movement. I concluded it must be Cloudbreaker in the room, for whatever was in the room was massive, its steps creating audible sound and felt vibrations. 

With all this evidence, it was decided we’d make our way back to the surface. The entrance we came in was too small for a massive being like Cloudbreaker to make its way through. We scaled the mountain, finding a large opening near the peak. We neglected to go in, so it is unconfirmed if the opening leads to the same chamber, further expeditions will be required to confirm this.

Ser Vladimir ‘Hothand’