Auction House Removal

Llir

Let us price shop items in hundredths of Mina’s (0.01, 0.02, 0.12, etc) so that shops can price individual low-value items better such as blocks, food, etc.

23 minutes ago, dragonwound said:

I still think it should be considered that AH is a great resource for building materials and food. If it comes to a point where these things become more of a grievance than they are an RP incentive (which, lets be honest, most people do not regard mechanical hunger or building blocks as RP enhancers) I don't think it'd hurt to offer some form of restricted AH that only offers those two categories, or at the very least, easier access to building materials since resource gathering on this map is so abhorrent. RP items and books should be totally disjointed imo

agree with this. i think the AH can be a good resource for bulk materials- iron, wood, food, stuff that realistically aren't going to be rp'd out. However, RP items (especially magical/special ones) should always be bought irp. having a magic trader in each town with these rare wares cheapens what could be neat rp.

the best part about this is that people will stop making thousands of pointless "RP items" with screen-blocking descriptions because they think someone might pay 20 minas for it.

sticking an overly verbose world-salad on your stick does not make it special. actual minecraft sticks are more rare and valuable at this point 

Please give us the option to downvote things

4 hours ago, Llir said:

This is after having this requested by the community many times over recent years. 

can u do stuff like this more often

$AH is crashing on market open tmrw.

7 hours ago, HIGH_FIRE said:

Please implement a notice board system where players can put out requests for certain items and materials, offer a payment of any kind, for all to see, it would offer a nice two way street that will be conducive to roleplay and also realistic

Put this up in your own nation/settlement

7 hours ago, Knights5544 said:

I've spoken about this before, but I personally do not believe that Lord of the Craft's economy is currently stable enough to support the idea of removing the auction house. This is going to cripple the global economy as it'll only serve the purpose of limiting the opportunity to generate liquidity and create supply bottlenecks within the economy which will definitely impact the value of the mina. Currently the only instance in which additional money gets injected into the money supply is through voting alone. In prior years there was a very functional and well thought-out plugin which enabled people to become traders and deliver supplies via llamas across the map to NPCs for pocket change, this - in combination with voting - allowed for players to have multiple opportunities to acquire minas, this helped smooth out the economy as it meant that there was another means of increasing the money supply aside from voting. Maintaining liquidity is essential to creating a strong economy, the fact that the only way the money supply is increased is through voting impacts liquidity among other things - limiting the auction house is going to have a similar effect.

Believe it or not but I'm actually a big advocate of things such as removing the auction house, but LOTC in its current state is NOT going to be capable of handling such a removal unless we create more opportunity for players to be able to gain minas/compensate for the lack of liquidity. The removal of the auction house will likely mean that the rich will get richer (due to being able to fall back on taxes) and the poor will get poorer (due to not having a convenient way to sell their goods, nor acquire convenient minas to be able to buy goods from others).

I'm part of the economy team for a separate server, while I'm definitely not the brightest person on that team - nor the most technically minded - I feel like I can confidently say that this is a bad idea.

There is no economy it doesnt exist it isnt real its all a dream

Places should simply put up a trade sign somewhere, where people can put up what items they're offering

- blocks, food, books, whatever

Then people can find them IRP and they can discuss a price/amount etc. Or they can barter! *puts up sign that says: 'I am trading stacks of WOOD for Cream Cheese OR mina contact juan3k'

11 hours ago, Knights5544 said:

I've spoken about this before, but I personally do not believe that Lord of the Craft's economy is currently stable enough to support the idea of removing the auction house. This is going to cripple the global economy as it'll only serve the purpose of limiting the opportunity to generate liquidity and create supply bottlenecks within the economy which will definitely impact the value of the mina. Currently the only instance in which additional money gets injected into the money supply is through voting alone. In prior years there was a very functional and well thought-out plugin which enabled people to become traders and deliver supplies via llamas across the map to NPCs for pocket change, this - in combination with voting - allowed for players to have multiple opportunities to acquire minas, this helped smooth out the economy as it meant that there was another means of increasing the money supply aside from voting. Maintaining liquidity is essential to creating a strong economy, the fact that the only way the money supply is increased is through voting impacts liquidity among other things - limiting the auction house is going to have a similar effect.

Believe it or not but I'm actually a big advocate of things such as removing the auction house, but LOTC in its current state is NOT going to be capable of handling such a removal unless we create more opportunity for players to be able to gain minas/compensate for the lack of liquidity. The removal of the auction house will likely mean that the rich will get richer (due to being able to fall back on taxes) and the poor will get poorer (due to not having a convenient way to sell their goods, nor acquire convenient minas to be able to buy goods from others).

I'm part of the economy team for a separate server, while I'm definitely not the brightest person on that team - nor the most technically minded - I feel like I can confidently say that this is a bad idea.

On top of that;
It's also a matter of timezone. The server is dead during European timezone.

How am I do RP to get my shit, if there's nobody to RP with besides a select few? It's not well thought-through in my opinion and limits the European, Ocenian and Asian players base.

11 hours ago, Knights5544 said:

How is this a meme? What did I say that's factually incorrect? 

Smart people can act dumb and nobody will notice.

Dumb people can act smart and everbody will notice the potential meme material

Man yall had to remove that when I was about to become a T3 Transfigurationist SMH; I wanted to make bank :(

21 minutes ago, exqoisite said:

Man yall had to remove that when I was about to become a T3 Transfigurationist SMH; I wanted to make bank :(

This is a point. Forcing the magic folk to sell stuff not anonymously is a good thing.