Auction House Removal

Llir

3 minutes ago, Borin said:

This is a point. Forcing the magic folk to sell stuff not anonymously is a good thing.

Well yeah, but the removing the whole auction house was complete overkill in my opinion.

Sorry, but "buying wood rp" just isn't fun. It just isn't, I'm sorry. And running around trying to get wood, cobblestone...

It's just another prime example how we de-minecraftise LOTC and reduce it to just Text-Based Roleplay with nothing else to do.

Lotc used to be a lot more then just that...

Roleplay on LOTC could be so much more.

55 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Well yeah, but the removing the whole auction house was complete overkill in my opinion.

Sorry, but "buying wood rp" just isn't fun. It just isn't, I'm sorry. And running around trying to get wood, cobblestone...

It's just another prime example how we de-minecraftise LOTC and reduce it to just Text-Based Roleplay with nothing else to do.

I think this could be easily sorted next map with the return of resource pits.

lol, they think that it'll lead to more rp when in reality, they'll just discuss it over discord, /handoff, /pay and walk away with minimal rp for the unimportant things

and I doubt the 'important' things will get much more rp

Seems the server is only going one way.

dqo9zH_v_ehKETuDpAV04GS0hgo0thu-_s4VJfnYNPtV2vHuhH4DjCcmSUYVwziSVcRoIZspLN8Fc-PoxNL0JXIqmspSiBF0_sWxNCPT3TikmE7HOyucz0i2MybmeqCWML0igSejHswPkq4yi5CTEdyRB2o24n264YCRer7EwbgSYrAErT1AIxq39O00gw

13 hours ago, satinkira said:

This is why it's a test. If it doesn't work well, I've no doubt that the admins will put it back

You are far too trusting of incompetent staff members. They never should've removed the auction house in the first place without first stabilizing the economy. Years ago there used to be an economy team which was able to provide educated (I assume) guidance regarding these sorts of matters, obviously we don't have the economy team anymore. LOTC's economy was in an absolute state of turmoil prior to the removal of the auction house, this is simply the nail in the coffin. 

13 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

I whole heartedly agree, this is ridiculous. With each passing year LOTC seems more and more hollow and void of content. I know everybody always says this, but I feel like the direction that LOTC is going in is not going to be sustainable. There are so many issues which never get addressed. I understand that the staff team works for free and that we shouldn't expect them to be able to move mountains, but LOTC seems so neglected nowadays.

15 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

This is a social experiment test. When the data has come in and feedback provided we will optimize the system to potentially limit the AH from selling Lore Based items so food/building mats can still be sold. Although this is up to the community.

On 11/17/2022 at 3:38 PM, NotEvilAtAll said:

Let us price shop items in hundredths of Mina’s (0.01, 0.02, 0.12, etc) so that shops can price individual low-value items better such as blocks, food, etc.

literally implement this and i will have no quarrel with the removal of the auction house

On 11/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, HIGH_FIRE said:

Please implement a notice board system where players can put out requests for certain items and materials, offer a payment of any kind, for all to see, it would offer a nice two way street that will be conducive to roleplay and also realistic

RP signs on your local town!

On 11/17/2022 at 3:47 PM, AnimeWolf0080 said:

Cries in no longer being able to get cool items or food for new plays on the AH.

Food donation chest at CT? 👀

On 11/17/2022 at 4:38 PM, NotEvilAtAll said:

Let us price shop items in hundredths of Mina’s (0.01, 0.02, 0.12, etc) so that shops can price individual low-value items better such as blocks, food, etc.

Unfortunately the currency and shop plugins are two of our oldest and would require a very large refactor to support tenths of Minas, though definitely something we'll keep in mind for future revisions. 

On 11/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, ItemVendor said:

can u do stuff like this more often

😅

17 minutes ago, Llir said:

Unfortunately the currency and shop plugins are two of our oldest and would require a very large refactor to support tenths of Minas, though definitely something we'll keep in mind for future revisions. 

Either that or purposefully inflate minas such that your typical block costs significantly more than .1 minas per so it’s easier to price things in shops at .1 price intervals.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:37 AM, NotEvilAtAll said:

Either that or purposefully inflate minas such that your typical block costs significantly more than .1 minas per so it’s easier to price things in shops at .1 price intervals.

This, 100%