Path of Delusions: Part 1

ArmouredSkelly

All it takes is one push to cause a chain reaction…

It’s been a week of sleepless nights for Ash Paleheart

The same dream… 

Darkness and mist…

A single pale light…

Seemingly so far…

Ash sits in front of her bedroom mirror in Haense, staring back at her with a tired and worn complexion is her reflection. Her eyes occasionally trick her, seeing things that aren’t there, like the disappointed face of her late father, Alexander Paleheart, just at the edge of her field of view. Or just the set of pale steel armour her father once wore, stalking her from the corner of her eye.

The same dream again…

Darkness and mist…

A single pale light…

Closer each time…

“It’s been weeks since I even had any good sleep,” Ash huffs as she finishes the remaining vodka in the bottle, then scratches her right arm near the elbow with one of many patches of dry skin.

The same dream again…

Darkness and mist are clearing…

A beacon of pale light…

I can see it now…

Ash Paleheart laughs to herself as she stands before her fathers old set of armour, a smile on her face, her eyes devoid of liveliness. “What is vy wish oh Pale Lord…” Her voice is hollow and monotone as she falls silent, listening to the quietness of the inactive forge around her. Her smile would widen along with her eyes, “I see, I see it now. I will spread the good word of the Pale Lord then.” she nods to the unmoving set of armour before turning to leave, all while with a large smile on her face, nearly reaching ear to ear.

‘But not before a celebratory drink and nap at the tavern...’  she thinks as she subconsciously scratches one of the many patches of scab on her body.

To be continued…

Spoiler

[OOC] This has been my first post here on this character, thank you to those whom participated in this road to insanity and back, currently at the halfway point. I'll be making a follow up post soon once the insanity "ends". :D

Tuzic's cheery face droops into a frown "Ah knew sommin' was wrong mah friend..."