1 gorjillion post AMA

Xarkly

It doesn't get much better than 1,000 posts on minecraft roleplay forums.

I figured it would be a little anticlimatic for my 1000th post to probably be some memey shitpost, so I suppose this is a decent way to do something fun with the occassion. From nation leading, to ET, to real-life, feel free to ask whatever, just don't do that one where people are like "opinions of me? :DDD" because that's awkward and weird and I'll send @UnBaed to take your knee-caps.

opinions of me? :DDD

favorite rp moment?

who even are you lol

Most stressful part of being nl?

ps ur my favorite haense nl

If you had anything to leave as a sort of "Legacy Statement", an amount to your most thoughtful reflection on the server, what would it be?

What drives you to keep playing? What drives you to provide more than take (E.x. ET, NL, etc.)

When can I harass unbaed for art?

Where do you see yourself, either on or off the craft, in a year? two years?

Spoiler

Send her. I'm waiting. I'm ready. I've been preparing for YEARS. It's time.

What's your WORST personal moment on lotc?

2 minutes ago, ShannonLeigh said:

IMG_3221.gif

8 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

favorite rp moment?

who even are you lol

https://gyazo.com/961c2dc041cb0c7970e0a0afbeec349b

As for favourite or best RP moments, obviously a lot of factors go into what makes something memorable, from moments that mark a personal achievement, to something you were just happy to share with friends. For me, I think what was probably my favourite moments was wrapping up the Scyfling eventline, since it had had months of build-up and there was always so many moving parts and different events with different sub-plots, so finally wrapping up a story with a decently cohesive ending in a way that people were happy with was definitely super super rewarding.

also you're short

What is in your opinion the most fun you’ve had on the server and then the least fun you’ve had? If you feel comfortable with sharing

Can you please explain the significance about the name "Farty114." 

11 minutes ago, Kornazkarumm said:

Most stressful part of being nl?

ps ur my favorite haense nl

thanks man

I think the most stressful part of NL was dealing with internal issues, which thankfully wasn't very common. I mean mostly OOC issues, where like one person of your community is at loggerheads with another over something only the NL can resolve. For instance, there was a point around the halfway mark of my time when there was an OOC issue about the inheritance of one of the noble houses. I was still learning a lot about how to do NL at the time, and I got caught up in trying to please both sides/reach a compromise when it probably would have been better to just make a decision and stick to it. That was definitely probably one of the most 'stressful' moments looking back, because as NL of a community-centric faction with a lot of veterans and people who've poured blood sweat and tears into the place, it's very hard not to feel an immense pressure to live up to the trust people have placed in you. Ironically, there's just situations where that won't be possible, and that's a tough and stressful reality to grasp.

57 minutes ago, squakhawk said:

If you had anything to leave as a sort of "Legacy Statement", an amount to your most thoughtful reflection on the server, what would it be?

I wrote and rewrote this paragraph maybe three or four times before realising there's a couple of important lessons I'd leave behind.

1. Like pretty much anything in life, the value of this server is making great friends and sharing great moments with them. None of us (hopefully, at least ...) are going to stick around here forever, but what makes this server truly impactful on us are the memories and friendships that will outlive almost anything. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that people genuinely do make incredibly strong friendships here that will probably last a very long time into the future, and that's just really cool. Any time you spend on the server should ultimately be devoted to the memories you'll take with -- because of that, it's important to pick your battles and try to make your time here as amicable as possible. When you're sitting in some VC as a boomer chatting shit, it'll be your friends and the funny/cool/historic moments you experienced together that you'll talk about, not the time you had a falling-out or argument with X about Y.

2. As part of the above, I don't think you can do much of anything - whether with friendships, RP, or Staff - without being patient and empathetic. Our server has a really broad demographic of players, including lots of young teens and people with various real-world problems (chiefly mental health issues) that find comfort and escapism in the server (which is great). As a result, we're not always dealing with rational actors and people who share our experiences and viewpoints, so it's inevitable that disagreements sometimes arise, some justified and others not. Just try remember the range of different people from all walks of life on our server and try see why they think/act the way they do before going off on someone.

3. The number-one killer of things on this server - from staff to nations - is lethargy and a lack of love. If you don't innovate and exhibit passion in your position, you shouldn't have that position. Whether it's a passion problem or you don't have time, I think people need to be more inclined to pass-off their role if they aren't living up to the potential and the trust placed in them to do a good job. While we have a lot of immediate problems on the server, I think a lack of passion in leadership roles is undoubtedly one of the biggest long-term issues we have.

What drives you to keep playing? What drives you to provide more than take (E.x. ET, NL, etc.)

I don't actually play all that much at the moment. What does keep me around in any capacity, and what's always kept me around before though, is my friendships with people here. Like I said above, it's really touching how some of us make profound connections and relationships over the medium of Minecraft RP (of all things), and I'm no exception. I've made some really, really great friends (mainly in the Haense community), and they're the reason I find myself still hoovering around, even if I'm not always active.

As for providing, I'm not entirely sure, I guess I've just always been a 0 or 100-type of person. I find it difficult to do something without giving it my all or pouring a lot of time and energy into it (which isn't always a good thing), so that goes hand-in-hand with enjoying telling stories and making characters on this server. On top of that, I generally just tended to enjoy things like ET, NL, etc.

When can I harass unbaed for art?

These days she's too busy drawing Ilaria playing guitar hero

Where do you see yourself, either on or off the craft, in a year? two years?

I'm starting to get a bit old (not @JuliusAakerlund-old though), so in a year or two I'd probably prefer to have another creative outlet. If we're talking an ideal world, I'd love to be writing on some kind of professional level at some point in the future. We all have that one dream from childhood of the perfect job we'd like to have, and a writer with a livable salary is mine. Over the next year or so, I'd really love to try my hand at less-traditional fields of writing, too, like video essays and things like DnD campaigns.

That's the creative side of me, though. In the next year or two, I'd probably see myself finishing training to be qualified as a lawyer. One of my big personal issues is that I've always struggled to figure out exactly what I want to do in life (in the short-term) or where to go, so I tend to just play things by ear at my current age, but I can definitely see that being an inevitability.

47 minutes ago, Capt_Chief26 said:

What is in your opinion the most fun you’ve had on the server and then the least fun you’ve had? If you feel comfortable with sharing

I really really love doing DM/event stuff, just feels really rewarding to craft a storyline that people genuinely engage in and to get creative with all sorts of mechanics. Probably one of the best examples of this is one of the naval battles in the Scyfling invasion -- for context, naval battles with more than one ship are extremely difficult to pull off when the ships are moving in different directions and with the player crews doing different things (which had fucked up some of my previous naval events), all on top of the usual event challenges like keeping track of emotes etc. This one, though - I think it's called the Battle of the Shoals - went off pretty well and made for a really fun and rewarding experience, topped off with things like CartographyKing's character having a duel to the death and PKing with one of the Scyfling captains.

As for least fun, I'll refer to a particular moment. I think it was 2016, and I was a pretty young and naive Mod during the Greyspine Rebellion. Rules weren't so fleshed out back in that day, and part of this war we sanctioned the anti-Courland rebels to try coup one of the castles because one of them had keys. There were no coup rules, though, and so I played the situation entirely on the fly and it went horribly. I ultimately had to make a call as to who won the coup when the Courlanders had the rebels (most of whom were my friends) pinned in a throne room that they couldn't access, and I gave victory to the Courlanders. A lot of my friends from the rebel side were upset with me, which is to be expected in the best conflict-of-interest situations, but both sides were displeased by the way it was handled, and rightfully so. To this day, that's probably my least favourite moment on the server, and it weighed on my mind for days afterwards.

47 minutes ago, GMRO said:

Can you please explain the significance about the name "Farty114." 

isn't that Ben's alt

What is your favorite RP you’ve had? 

Do you have a favorite video game? 

Big fan of your recent narrative posts. Where do you find your inspiration?

Should I bring back 2014 style halfling burrows?