A HUNGRY PRINCE

outcook

Wind whistles over the hillside, telling of a coming storm, and the chill is cutting as a knife — but Sedan stretched below the Krüger family and their horses is a broad bowl of white and gold, with just the distant hint of a wet and mild season. The lake behind it reflects the sheet of sky, the sun set but the amber light lingering on the bowed horizon.

The silence between them grows charged, thunderstruck. The sort of silence they are prone to more and more. The youngest among them casts an uneasy gaze over the Lord and Lady of the house.

Spoiler

The Patriot would open a wardrobe that contained a blade, wiping the dust off his father's old longsword as he prepared to do his duty.

Louis Owyn Haverlock looks at the missive with utter bewilderment "I am fairly certain that I am my Father's blood, there is absolutely nothing to disprove it. As for my apparent 'plot' to take my Nephew's titles, I spoke to my Brother about potentially transferring the title in order to jump-start the creation of my new family. After Peter denied my request, I left in peace and made no further attempt to subvert my Nephew's claim to his titles. As for becoming a vassal of Aaun, I am a free man capable of making my own decisions. Leaving Sedan does not put anybody in harm's way, and trying to force me to stay is ludicrous as I am no prisoner nor bound by any oath after resigning from the Goats of Sedan. Violence or betrayal was never my intention especially for my own Kin." Louis sighed as he rose from his bedside, preparing to travel.

Cardinal Viktor once again resumes bashing his head against his desk "Oh really now. This is as ridiculous and petty as the last time... but I must wonder, WHY does the King of Aaun keep getting himself into these pickles?!"

"It's like them.. d'Azor bunch, or whatever. Everyone has some strange urge to bring their internal family disputes to the big stage so everyone else might also waste their lives and time dealing with their trivial squabbles."

As she reads the missive, the Dowager Princess of Sedan almost chokes on her wine. “Louis is adopted? But he looks exactly like his father and brother!! And they prioritize family? That’s hilarious. Louis it appears we need to talk again!”

A man withdraws a dusty scabbard, and a worn compound bow from his ancestor's chest. He readies himself to do his part.

Aloisia forms her mouth into an 'o' shape, put on her travelling cloak and sharpened her blade before making the trip to Sedan.

"Frankly this is just getting absurd now." Ser Uther comments, choosing not to elaborate further.

Jarad would read the missive within his family home before saying to his Heir @ScarletFrisket "This is just a bad excuse to war Aaun, again. Let's all be honest here, this is a dispute between the prince's family and has nothing to do with Aaun."

The King Alexander I read over the missive. "This seems to be a matter related to family- not Kingdoms.. besides, I've had my fair share of peace deals and summits to satisfy me for the next number of years."

The Dowager Princess Amicia de Joannes, a lost face to Sedan as she took herself into seclusion ever since the death of her husband many years ago, was staring out the window of her bedroom when a servant arrived with her breakfast and a missive. She silently asked for the servant to set the plate on the small coffee table and as the servant left, she finally turned towards the coffee table and spotted the missive. As she read over it, her face paled even more than it already was. "Oh Frederick..." Amicia whispered into the thin air as a first tear left her eyes. "How I wish you were here... Our boys need you."

A few hours later, Amicia de Joannes left her bedroom for the first time in forever.