Death Did Not Do Them Part

Tk4522

1204835681_2022-11-21_20_42.28(1).thumb.jpg.57f9c52ffd7f427683140f840120d1d4.jpg

Ezra wandered around the old house that they managed to keep. She loved how it still looked almost new, Not yet being very old herself... 115. But she reminisced about their adventures and looked at all their pictures. Of themselves, and their children from being born all the way up to their current ages now. She remembered getting married to Brawly, whom used to be spritely and healthy. But now... He spent most of his time sick, and in bed. She thought about their children, those who chose to stay and those who left to go on their own adventures. But she realized that she knew that they knew something was up and they all returned home one last time. She chuckled, knowing that she couldn't have lived a better life then she had. Being surrounded by family, and friends just being happy to have those people around her. Ezra sighed, smiling at their children before lying down beside Brawly and grasping at his hand gently.

"Rulg lat futh dihz amayzin' lyfe, agh gibbin' mi ahl deze kubz."

Brawly smiled weakly as Ezra joined him on his death bed. His eyes regained a slight bit of their former luster as he beheld the face of the one he held dear above all else. The old man wrapped his fingers around Ezra’s hand as he forced words from his mouth. 

“Tiz lyfe wuld hav’ bheen emptee wit aut lat bhy mi zide. Indeed, et wuz… Mi waited futh lat… Zince da dey lat left, Mi long’d tuu heur latz voyze azh lazt tik. Dayt hope kept mi gwoen. Every tik Mi fought futh da ugz, mi unlee gurk wuz keepin’ lat ang aur kubz zayfe ang zequre” 

Brawly lifted his opposite hand to gingerly rub against Ezra’s cheek . His breaths became ragged and inconsistent, marking a rapid deterioration in the man’s physical state. The hand gently lowered to its former position, resting at the man’s side. 

“Et wuz wurth et… Every mouth, every year, every decade… Lat am ztill az beautiful az da dey wi met"

And after this was said, She noticed her children gather around the bed. All sad expressions, some crying some not. She knew that they knew it was time for Ezra and Brawly to go. Yerro, had stepped up first.

"Dew nub wurri momo, popo Mi whyll ztehy wiv bouf(both) latz...."

Yerro nodded sadly, he fought back the tears and the immense sadness threatening to break through at any moment. Settling himself down beside the bed, close enough to both Brawly and Ezra trying to give them as much support as he could. Zahira, second beside Yerro was up next to say something.

"Momo, Popo etz ahl ukee..."

Zahira stammered, her voice starting to break.

"Whee ahre ahl heere futh latz..."

Zahira shed a tear, backing up to support Callum and Sola. Soon Soren, stepped up and walked over.

"Mi ahm numb readeh futh latz tew goh..."

The young goblin hunched himself over and started to really break down. He was afraid, and sad he wasn't sure what life had next for him after losing his adopted parents. Sola and Callum, both still slightly younger then the rest, had no idea what to say. They just cried for their siblings and their parents, clinging onto their oldest sister Zahira for what seemed to be dear life... The last to step out from the gathering was Emony. The shaman removed her white steel mask revealing to clear tracks where tears were streaming down her face. Emony kneeled to take her father’s opposing hand and gripped it tingly. 

“Mom, Dad, Thank you. You both were truly the greatest parents I could have asked for. The love you had for each other and for me and the rest of your children was boundless. It is truly extraordinary how much you sacrificed to keep it and us alive.” 

Emony wipes her face with her arm as she tries to force a compassionate smile through her pain. She stands, taking a staff from her back. The goblin taps its end against the floor as she clears her throat. 

“Kor, durub mat-ob, baduzg ogh za mbursh-ûr.” 
(Kor, ruler of death, show this couple the way.)
“Naan ikhal khûr kraat-ul, gaakh ulu shakrop sha”
 (Though forces may pull them away, let it be that they stay together.)

Soon Ezra took her last breath, eyes turning toward the window signaling that her soul had now left her body and went off outside. Her beautiful ruby red eyes, remained open. And her hand continued to hold Brawly's... 

[!] Ezra found herself within a lightless void. She beheld the vast expanse of nothingness with a cold indifference, for all her scenes had become foreign to her. Trying to move any part of her body brought no feedback. This had a single exception, a sense of warmth seemed to emanate from her left hand. 

Even in death, Brawly would be by her side, grasping her hand with the same firm, yet gentle grip he had always had

[!] Before them, a thin tendril of light became visible, its light providing a slight amount of comfort to the couple. Ezra once again felt the embrace of her life mate as he hoisted her up into his arms. The two followed the shimmering radiance that seemed to call to them. Before them flashed moments from their life together. The moment they first met, their first date… With each passing moment, the darkness was dispelled, leaving only an ethereal white.

[!] Before the pair lay a field of ankle height green grass with a singular tree not far from where he stood. Brawly began to move towards it, slowly and cautiously. Each step yielded no sensation to him. The man’s grip tightened upon Ezra, as if within his mind he held the fear of losing her. They were able to see a wake of trampled grass behind them where Brawly’s now shoeless feet had indented. Brawly eventually reached the lone tree and took shelter beneath its branches. The shade they provided was a light, muddled, black, far different from the void they had exited not moments before. It was unoppressive and welcoming.

Tree.thumb.jpg.aca13298278d80fbc6fe7e13d50200b7.jpg

[!] Brawly set Ezra down with shaking hands, gently lowering her to the shade covered, grassy carpet that lay beneath the great tree. The man leaned his back against the wooded trunk of the arboreal behemoth, gradually lowering himself to a seated position, beneath its branches. His gaze turned once again to Ezra

“You won’t leave me again… will you?” 

He questioned, reaching his right hand out to her. Upon his face was a look of unease as he sat waiting for her response. 

Ezra remained silent for a moment. She moved to his side, leaning against him as she so often did while the two were younger.

“Ob korze Mi won’t.”

Found upon Brawly's desk were a stack of letters addressed to various persons 

Dear Borok:

Spoiler

Throughout these years, you have been my greatest ally. You served your positions of Targoth and Rex with distinction and honor. Your leadership was second to none and you were there for the people of the Ugz in both victory and defeat. It was my honor to serve under your command in defense of my home and family. I reveled in the victories we shared and mourned the brothers we lost. With my final breath, I offer you this final salute.

LONG LIVE THE HORDE

Additionally, any plans meant to extend my life should instead be shifted to my daughter, Emony. She will be able to utilize it far better than I ever could.  

-Brawly Scath  

Dear Madoc:

Spoiler

Wargoth of Lur and dominus of the Ugz, thank you for your dear friendship and stewardship of my daughter, Emony. You accepted me into the Lur clan, headed my final request, and held stalwart by my side when I needed it. I hope you continue to mentor Emony, lead her down the path of light and shelter her from the temptations of darkness.

-Brawly Scath

Dear Bumba:

Spoiler

Goth Akaal-ob, thank you for accepting my daughter into your ranks. She needs strong allies she can rely on in the battle against the dark spawn. You have the unique accolade of both my and Emony’s explicit and unquestioning trust. It is my hope that you and your clan are able to bring about a new era, one free of the scourge of darkness.

-Brawly Scath

Dear Rex

Spoiler

Though I may lack the knowledge of your name, I hope you will heed what I have to say. The position of rex is one that demands an apex of responsibility. It requires one to be a shining symbol of honor, strength, and the ability to lead the volatile masses of the horde. I hope that you possess these qualities and with them, lead the Iron Horde to a new golden age. To aid in this, to you and the treasury I leave the content of my coffers. A sum that totals 2,000 mina. They will be delivered to you via one of my confidantes. May it serve you and the horde well.

-Brawly Scath.

Dear Gusiam and Lenora Jusima:

Spoiler

Although our relationship has had many highs and lows over the years, both of you have been my dearest friends. Gusiam, you provided me with advice when I requested, overlooking my transgressions as you did. You came to my side when I requested your aid and created a masterpiece of a weapon that I was proud to call my own.

Lenora, you were there for both me and my daughter. You always made me feel welcome, although on many occasions, I did not deserve such treatment. Above all else, you were like a second mother to Emony when she was at her most vulnerable. For this, I am eternally grateful.

-Brawly Scath

Dear Peralien:

Spoiler

Both I and Ser Mellow are no more. Revel in the fact that you are now the soul member of the Order of The Jackalope. You alone survived this new era. I hope you continue to tell the story of Rozina as there are many that deserve to be remembered.

-Brawly Scath 

[ooc]

Credits: 

Spoiler

This post was a joint effort between myself and angel129bu. She wrote for her persona, Ezra, as well as Yerro, Zahira, Sorren, Callum, and Sola. I wrote for my two personas, Emony and Brawly in addition to the ending portion as indicated by [!] and the personal letters. 

Thank you for reading, I know it was long as hell, but it is what these two personas deserved. 

Peralien, in eventual time, would get the note in her home. Truly does it take for a note to travel from Krugmar, across the Sutican (or Savoyard) Sea, and to Lurin.

When Peralien would open the letter, she would not even be surprised, nor show any real emotion of sadness. It was unfortunate of course for his passing, but this was not a surprise or unexpected. He truly was a old man and a shell of who he was decades ago, during Rozania.

"Truly a shame, but one that is not unexpected. One day, there shall be a Nowy-Rozania, one that will not be taken advantage of, by neither Sedanians or those from Redclyf. But a true independent state. And when that day comes, you will be written down as one of the last few who did not cower in fear, or flee. Who even in an old and crippled state did not lose hope."

She would close and fold the letter up and apply a wax-seal of a Jackalope to it, forever marking it down. And writing one thing with her pen on it, 'Scath, Death, Almaris'. Before then putting it in a box. She knows that the end of Almaris is near, and has already started to prepare by gathering her belongings and things of sentiment, this will be one of her sentimental things, even though Almaris will likely not shatter until another 3 Elven Months.

Somewhere on his travels, a bird would drop the letter in front of Madoc, as the shaman picked it up and proceeded to read its contents. While reading them, a fond smile would appear on his face for a brief moment, before he looked up to the sky as the following words escaped the Uruks maw: "May latz rezt well brudda. Agh nub worry, mi will keep azh watchful eye over Emony, to make zhure zhi followz da light, inztead of da dark." With that, the shaman would pocket the letter, and continue walking off into the distance, as he followed the road heading back to San'Velku, as he remembered the items that he had to pass over to Emony.

Once Lenora got her letter, she paused a moment, mostly in shock from the news. "I.. I Seem to have forgotten he wasn't of mail blood.. How long as it been?" and gave a sorrow-filled chuckle. "May you find peace in Stargush’Stroh my friend. I'll keep an eye on those still here to the best of my ability. Especially Emony" she spoke to the parchment as if Brawly was face to face with her

The Kukaal of Akaal reads the notice, his claws digging into its pages "I saw you as one of the urukim" he inhales a breath "While I wonder whether we could have done more to extend your life, I am sure that you now reside with our ancestors in the Stargush. As for Emony, your daughter is one of the greatest among our kind, one that I find incredible potential in. May you rest peacefully old friend" With that, the hobgoblin returns to his work in the Feasting Pit.