renatus or oren?

itdontmatta

poll title  

195 members have voted

1. 1. renatus or oren

• renatus
    • oren

I’ve lost hair follicles in service to my buds Defy, Charlemagne, and Mogroka. 

Going to vote Renatus because the most recent iteration of oren had way too many tos bans.

ermmm neither I was a bandit 🤓

Excitedly has my family

This is a cry for help

Ave Renatus

Johannian Oren was the golden age of Human RP and it has yet to truly recover since the downfall of that era. It was a time in which vassal RP was encouraged and distinct; the crownlands fostered RP for would-be Game of Thrones bureaucrats. It was the era of Felsen and Johannesburg. There was a niche for everyone (inb4 muh Courland) if they wished to put in the time. There was quality intrigue and the stories from the era are still told today. Ultimately, paranoia brought the Empire down as distrust between its biggest players became irreconcilable. The most damnable lesson learned from the Johannian era was that one could effectively destroy Humanity by using global alliances.

Renatus, despite being a war powerhouse and having Mog as a fantastic NL, left a legacy of PTSD for most Human RPers that weren't in the Renatian circle.  I've noticed that the remnant Human factions have since adopted measures to significantly reduce the influence of any single warlord. Oren shifted from vassal loving warriors to tea RPers who lived in a single city. In order to get anywhere in the new Oren, you had to partake in the new rigid system - vassal risk was not worth it. PVPers and ambitious war guilds were frowned upon, and ultimately feared. Renatus was also the ultimate doom of House Horen's prestige as characters were pawned left and right to those who would bid. 

Johannian Oren > Empire of Man/Renatus > Petrine Oren >>> Mardon Oren

it’s the hot thing now to hate on Petrine Oren, and I don’t disagree with all the criticisms, but it should be noted that there’s a reason why pretty much every other human nation rn has adopted a lot of the Novellen model (weak vassals, strong crown authority, OOC oversight of what other people do, RP focus on government bureaucratic institutions, passive foreign diplomacy, etc), but on the reverse don’t seem to totally understand what made the Petrine Empire so popular and a really good hub of RP, especially in its early days. It’s effective and right now I think only maybe Aaun is changing it up significantly 

differentiating between the two is peak zoomer 

renatus was originally west oren with hanseti being east oren (fr, it was literally an east-west germany larp). the two originally had a confederacy of oren type thing before internal strife broke it, and tried to conquer each other numerous times until mogroka (yes zoomies, the same one) succeeded and reformed oren. renatus was never meant to replace oren in the same way west germany was never meant to replace germany.

renatus was then the main heartlander title of the orenian emperor for years, only becoming an independent state when oren collapsed and actively fighting to reunify it each time

even on mog's second renatus run, he reunited mankind and formed the empire of man as soon as he could, which was effectively just oren rebranded (oren literally means humanity), probably because ppl had PTSD from the mardon swamp oren.

the majority of people who fetishise renatus weren't even there for it

idk i played in renatus for like two months then it died, but I liked their armor skins more, so renatus.

body.png

THERE IS ONLY THE PALEBEAST. THERE IS ONLY THE PALEBEAST. THERE IS ONLY THE PALEBEAST. THERE IS ONLY THE PALEBEAST.