The Bloody Fox’s Log Volume 2

Willstertheking2

The Bloody Fox’s Log Volume 2

104 of the Second Age

Gruesome Medieval Images That Rekindle Our Fascination With Death 

It has been long overdue that I publish another log. The people of Almaris are due an explanation for all the travesty in the world today and I seek to bring about an element of that explanation. I am no great individual with no gods who have blessed me and no taint to possess me. But Sonnos has taught me how to be cunning and Morea has taught me to be brave. I have been at the venture of fighting what lurks in the dark for nearly my entire adult life. Never have I seen a place so filled with taint and corruption as the Principality of Celia’nor.

I returned to Celia’nor after many years of exile to find a place that seemed to be following in the ways that we had set about when we founded the city. A place of peace and unity for those ostracized by The Silver State and the societies of Almaris that cast them out. As I settled there I found myself increasingly noticing the peculiarities with strange visitors in late hours to the castle and the use of violence against those undeserving. I explored the city and found obelisks beneath many homes, rooms filled with blood and gore from Aspects know what beasts. I found people of ill intent consorting with the nobility in every place I looked.

I found myself no longer content in the waiting of the Princess to see the error of her ways for inaction leaves her no better than an instrument of violence, the same as a blade on the hip of cruelty. 

In a social at Starpool I could no longer stand aside and allow the evil that had festered to continue its walking in the sunlight. I felt the need to shove it back into the shadows it had come from. I crossed the ballroom floor and attempted to embed my dagger into the neck of a nephilim that sought to speak his foul tongue among the crowd. Then the Princess herself intervened, she threw her arm in the way of my blade and my thanium dagger laid a cut upon her arm. Simply examine her to know the truth of my words. Her inaction towards the corruption festering in her city now turned into a horrid defense of it. Her actions are inexcusable.

Then at this moment a BSK Soldier and an Olog who had been pursuing this nephilim sprung forth to aid me. Brave individuals both, for we were surrounded by those who only sought to protect the beast’s ability to spew his corruption upon the world. Both were mercilessly cut down by a horde of Nephilim and Celia’norian mali despite their attempts to ease the crowd that had been so recklessly whipped up by Abdiel and Zodd. 

I just managed to escape as the Valah and Olog held them off for me to beseech the people of Almaris.

I beg of the kind hearted and fair people of Celia’nor and of all of Almaris, do not allow taint to stain your cities. Fight against it in all of its forms.

Signed,

unknown.png

[!] A public letter would be sent to all corners of Almaris. Below the letter would be a list attached:

Abdiel - A Cursed Being of Red Skin

Zodd - A follower of Azdromoth with a forge in Celia’nor

Coalskinned Azdrazi with Scales and Horns, Red Eyes - A Nephilim of Azdromoth who frequents Celia’nor

A disgraced mali’ame Prince would shake his head upon reading the missive. “I fought for a state that adopted the one thing I swore to destroy.. maybe I truly am a monster.”

Upon reading such a missive, the young druidess simple laid the parchment down with a short, content sigh  "Well, I shall seek him out to speak of this. I may also pay a visit to an old llir."

"Vallein." mused the golden voice of a red-robed figure crowned with long-reaching horns. It tasted the name, and then spoke a prayer. For what, and for who - who are you to know ? 

A certain Nephilim noticed the missive, reading its details and contents with a watchful eye - Did he scan the page, before offering a well-thought-out response that will explain the endeavor 

"The claims you make are blinded perhaps it is because of that light which blinds you, you claim I am 'corruption' and a taint, yet you don't know of my origins nor did you care to learn or debate on such, instead you attempted an assassination? In a place of peace - Little man, and elf. Dare I assume that you'd suggest that my fire is 'taint and corruption' yet it is the purest form of life, you claim me and mine people as 'darkspawn' yet you know nothing of my culture, nothing of my birthright, it's near pathetic to see a blind man make judgment over something that he does not understand in the slightest speck. The Nephilim uphold purity and that ancient pact which is to secure the safety of the descendants. You have never met my father, never felt his warmth - so speak not on us and our purpose, you who fears fire as much as he who fears the dark."

Edited by kindEmperor

23 minutes ago, kindEmperor said:

A certain Nephilim noticed the missive, reading its details and contents with a watchful eye - Did he scan the page, before offering a well-thought-out response that will explain the endeavor 

"The claims you make are blinded perhaps it is because of that light which blinds you, you claim I am 'corruption' and a taint, yet you don't know of my origins nor did you care to learn or debate on such, instead you attempted an assassination? In a place of peace - Little man, and elf. Dare I assume that you'd suggest that my fire is 'taint and corruption' yet it is the purest form of life, you claim me and mine people as 'darkspawn' yet you know nothing of my culture, nothing of my birthright, it's near pathetic to see a blind man make judgment over something that he does not understand in the slightest speck. The Nephilim uphold purity and that ancient pact which is to secure the safety of the descendants. You have never met my father, never felt his warmth - so speak not on us and our purpose, you who fears fire as much as he who fears the dark.

Ser Lucien makes the facial expression, "🤓"

A construct of voidal flame, member of the Brotherhood, takes note of the missive.

“It appears we see the same then, Vallien. Thus we are correct on our assumptions that Celia’nor allows darkspawn within it’s walls. Unfortunate.”

"Only scum allow azdrazi to walk in their streets. Perhaps a revolution should happen in celia'nor. Perhaps the paladins should tear it's walls down and raze it to rubble like they should've when it became a hive for evil" a vengeful ame said as he drank tea in his home. Far different from the savage he and his kind had been painted as by celia'nor.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

A disgraced mali’ame Prince would shake his head upon reading the missive. “I fought for a state that adopted the one thing I swore to destroy.. maybe I truly am a monster.”

Jarad would place a hand on the shoulder of his friend "Come now, we don't know what will happen till they happen, this is not your fault"

"Hrm, I hope this individual can send the Church a nice list of Azdrazi and Heralds..." Cardinal Viktor ponders, stroking his ever-greying beard

The old Maheral sighed upon reading a copy of the missive, shaking his head lightly. "We literally told the world half a century ago, before the nation was even founded." He would show it to Valazaer [ @_Sheylo_ ]

Valazaer Calith, the Okarir'maehr, taps his chin with a small hum from deep within the Silver State. He scoffs, "Do they ever wonder why they were driven out in the first place?" He sets the missive down and shrugs at the Maheral. "Ignorance never learns." [ @Samler]

A stern and jovial high elven hoplite stood beaming the suns brilliant smile over the high walls

"Long has our polis been at war with the serpents, and long have we stood, spears thrust forth, to take Glory from the vine, and shield ready to aid those pure from the clutches of the dragons! Ay'Larihei, may serpent'ata be scourned, and may their TRULY PURE and PATRIOTIC raise to follow the example!"

A long off call from a different citystate repeats "To-ga! To-ga! To-ga!" in defiance!

A Mali'aheral of long absence read the missive, grey eyes scanning the content with interest. "What has happened back home?" the Viradiraar wondered, pursing her lips in distaste.