A Selfless Act [PK]

Neviah

As one of the few that witnessed the occurrence of Alucard's death he spent the night grieviing within his room. Throwing items across, destroying everything in his sight in a fiery rage as he did this. "Why? Why? Why? I was going to save you, but you f*cking took that from me!"  he shouted out into the walls of the castle he resided within.

After calming himself the creature sat alone in the corner of his room weeping, before him destruction and wrath.

"...Oh."

She can't believe it; the words don't register. Her vision begins to blur.

"Huh."

kill myself. kill myself. kill myself. The letters twist and contort until they aren't letters, just meaningless ink on a page. kill myself. Those aren't words. Those little squiggly lines? Nonsense. She can feel her heartbeat in her throat.

Alucard, gone? She'd just talked to him. He hadn't shown any signs of distress. He was just Alucard, and Alucard got into trouble, sometimes, but surely nothing bad. Surely nothing fatal. Surely not. kill myself

She lets out a shaky laugh. Her fingers are sweaty. They can't grip the parchment anymore; it slips to the ground. She closes her eyes, presses her hands to her closed eyelids, and there the words are, their afterimage branded on the inside of her skull. kill myself.

"No. NO."

Spoiler

A 'Thill was inconsolable at the death of his beloved brother. "Foolish little brother..." A sharpened object would soon find itself dragged across the flesh above his ribs after fleeing Celia'nor and the chaos that had transpired, the violence enacted in his grief. "I tried so hard to free you." He'd whisper bitterly as the world went grey, then dark. A cage. Imprisoned. His own private hell, to relive every mistake again and again.

There was no respite in the wastes of souls. There weren't moments of peace. What few the poor, wandering souls could garner, revolved around flashes to their past memories - brief moments of joy that, compared to the ones of wandering agony, seemed little and far off in between them. The mystic's soul had wandered, and wandered, and wandered for what felt like eternity, yet had only been a few years. But even then, in the depths of these wastes, in the height of the mystic's death - he felt the presence. The only thing, the only person, the only sensation that truly brought happiness, light and ease to his life. 

"I didn't expect you here so soon."

Pain struck his being. He was here. He had joined him. They were both here. How? When? Why? Who? The mystic would find out that even as a wandering soul, he could still feel the pang of loss... but he had him here, now. Why did he feel such pain, if his mayilu was returning to him? He felt not his own pain - but the pain of others. Others who sought his death. Others who sought his complete and utter devastation - but others who, in the loss they faced, shared the same pain he did on the day he decided to leave the mortal plane.

"I can finally tell you this again..."

And despite being just two more in an eternal soulstream, to be judged by the Aengudaemonic forces that controlled existence - they felt different. They were connected. A shared story that wouldn't erase itself so easily. Death wouldn't part them. No. It'd bring them together. Such a morbid realisation, that fell upon the wandering soul of that lively 'ame. But he could tell him again;

"... I love you, Alucard."

Shards of ceramics cover the Celia'nor tavern, a seething ghost standing in the second floor window. There was so much they didn't know- they had just been looking for him.. The ghost grasps something in their hand, hurling it at the square with as much force as they could muster until the item shatters upon the stone. A gift- though not like he would need it anymore. 

Spoiler

Y'all mfs making me SOB at these comments.

For a long time did she stare at the note from the safety of her home, reading it over, and over again, trying to delude themselves into something resembling hope that this was in fact a coded message. That there was some secret embedded into the note that would make it clear to her what Alucard's true intention was.

"No, no, no, no, no..."

Her brow furrowed deeper and deeper in concentration, until at last she realised that no matter how she read it, in whatever order, forwards or backwards, backwards or forwards or up and down, down and up, no matter how she tried, there was no message to be gleaned. That there was no hope. And it broke her.

She trembled violently as tears began to pour and wailing quite unlike herself came in abundance. She had felt the pain of loss before, but never had she felt, nor expected to feel, the loss of the one person she considered her son. She called out to the very heavens themselves, begging and screaming empty words  of "It can be fixed""It's not too late", "We can help you", "You can still turn back", "We can make it all go away",

Unfulfillable promises and reassurances continued to rush from her lips as flashes of her boy came forth from her memories and tortured her so in their fondness. She had watched him grow from a baby, to a boy, to a man, and now, she would have to witness his funeral. Her wails began to slow to a pitiful sob, for she had rapidly ran her vocal cords ragged.

"This isn't how it is supposed to be.Had she only known what would happen, she'd have not let him go in those final few hours.

Spoiler

No letter.

Dame Viktoriya beadily stared at the servant that'd told her, and asked them to repeat what they'd said again as though she didn't believe it.

"I vas going to risk my LIFE by going into Kivdrona for him. Into Karkosa, to save his ass. He really had nothing to say?" hissed that woman as she veered her head back to spit on the ground. Her fists bunched and shook until her knuckles whitened, on the verge of tears as she muttered, "Wote'er. This isn't te' first time this has happened. Ne'er get attached to no Nephilim, boy." 

And with that, she went back to her academy to spend a few more restless nights sulking on her own.

“What the fuck!” The Elderly Chef Hogo exclaims to himself in distraught, his voice echoing off of the many trees nearby. For the man lost a travel companion whom he considered a friend. After calming down slightly, the man proceeded to pick up his things and started walking, realizing that now he was all alone in Karkosa and was subjected to travel by his lonesome yet again. 

stare-christian-bale.mp4

The note combusted in between the fingers of the An-Gho. 

"Woe unto the living - with their sight so short, and their hearts so filled. For all you tried to save the World little Alucard, you could not help it. In the end, you could only weep." 

A man with a face of expressionless bronze and gold, would look down at the center of the letter, his hidden oculars scanning the missive carefully. He read over them, every single word and sentence, over and over. "Thank you for raising me", it was a simple sentence, yet one the former Prophet was shocked to see. "This. . .This isn't how it's supposed to go" There was a hidden sadness behind that visage of his, the man took a seat upon the edge of that ship. He recounted the first time meeting the Herald, how he had taught him lessons in fighting and life alike. He recounted his teachings he had given, the advice on the Way of the Fifth. Yet one thing was clear and certain, one thing that truly saddened that Adunian. The Mali had died far younger then he should have, and that alone was a tragedy in of itself. Such thoughts, would leave the adunian into a depression, for would this be the only Mali'aheral that he outlived? 

The elfess was wondering about the grove like normal when she was brought to the attention of Alucard's death, she sighed softly "another person gone...I may not have known him well but..its a shame to hear another is gone" she then continued on with her day 

Upon the note arriving, Basha was simply carving a piece of dark wood. A task she found comfort in despite the many small cuts along her fingers she had gained. There was only a discernible look of sorrow upon her face as she read the otherwise simple message. To how many she would lose, she could not discern, but it still broke her heart nonetheless. "I remember...when you were just a boy...may you find rest Alucard, and I'm sorry we could not share one last talk..." With that said, she continued her carving- only one tear shed for a boy she saw grow up far too fast- and fall far too soon.

Although she received no note, a long lost sister let out a scream like never before. A million thoughts raced through her mind as her beloved brother was pronounced dead:

She had never gotten to say sorry.

She had never gotten to say goodbye.

She had failed as his big sister.

But most importantly:

Juniper would never forget the moment she lost her fifth and final sibling, and became an only child.