A Selfless Act [PK]

Neviah

A singular night of dread had turned into years of turmoil and survival, filled of fruitless attempts to extricate themselves from the unyielding savagery of Chelka. It had been an afternoon spent hunting, idled further away from the coastlines in survey for deer, and once had had concluded an instant shift to the shores for razor clams. Only when the sun had vanished and moon kissed the sky did she return to the camp, only to pursue her additional duties of cooking dinner for the camp. It was a mundane task that kept her sane, prioritizing her focus on something. She would rather that than dulvage into her own insanity, to swell into the madness of idleness. The evening was strict and haste, eventful only near the end; make clam stew, feed the mother and babe, ensure Theodora and Zestia are, deliver Edmond and John Dee their food away from the main campfire. However, it was only later in the hours did that attempt occur - to murder Solun - a misfired arrow which grazed the cheek. She had been ordered to track the pair, and it was there in the shadow of the trees stood the clad pair. With words of order and a rose crossbow herself, Solun, and Monroe coaxed the attempted killers into revoking their masks. An unknown man and Alucard. Alucard. How much trouble would he cause? She had wanted to kill him there. He sought to explain himself, excuses. He tried to plead for forgiveness, too late. He wanted to face the Hexers, he wouldn't dare. He was a backstabbing fool, she knew. He dragged that dagger across the soft flesh of his neck, coward.

He was unable to face the consequences of his failure, just like Kolette. Just like the few others she had met in her life. He did not deserve that morbid and pitiful end of his life. He deserved worse. 

Rina stares at the letter mumbling a quiet "idiot". turning on her heels she aimlessly walks back into the house  emerging a few moments later with supplies. Wandering over to the small graveyard of her family she took the rocks and made a makeshift grave next to the others. She then sat down and weaved together a  yellow flower crown,  placing it atop the grave after. Looking to the other already made graves she sighs  "you all take good care of him now, he needs a good amount of guidance." her gaze lands on Alucard's make shift grave. "tell em I said Hi kid." her voice waiver and with that she stands trudging into her home.  

Edited by Sunflower

Hera stopped in her tracks, sudden fear and panic filling her chest. She felt the flame that tethered herself to her student extinguish, like a candle in the rain. No. No, it isn't true. 

She raced to Tor'Azdroth, her head full of questions and a chisel held above her heart, ready to chip off another piece. She entered the tower, searching for someone, anyone. . . The note upon the wall told her it was true. She crumpled to her knees, a wrenching sob leaving her body, a hand clutching her heart as that chisel descended with glee upon it. Crack. Another piece off the block. 

"I tried to help you." She cried out to the wind. "I put out a hand, but you wouldn't take it. Why did you have to be so. . . so selfless!" She screamed the last word, her voice echoing through the tower. . . But poor girl, if only she knew what other knowledge awaited her ears. . . 

"WHY COULDN'T I HAVE DIED IN YOUR PLACE?!" 

Masuo of Yamatai sat in the wilderness of this horrid land, having heard what had happened from his comrades. 

He'd sharpen his blade, a frown laid struck across his features. 

"We gave him chance after chance. Hell, gave him a second lease on life." He'd mutter, feeling some twinge of sadness and regret. "Now my only regret is I didn't get to kill him myself." He'd say, packing up and moving on from his temporary seating arrangement. Little did the Oyashiman know, that there would be a letter waiting for him should he ever return. One that may give context.

Dahlia's fingers grace the note which seemed to have reached her fingertips. Her eyes flashing over the paper swiftly, her face remains unchanged in expression, her gaze rather dull. She places the note carefully back down upon the table, "Hrm.."  - Seemingly the only sound to escape her after reading the small note.

The ornate staff, fitted with a ruby-red crystal set aside as the mage sits upon the end of her bed. From the corners of her eyes, the horrors and shadows which flicker in and out of view akin to a flame due to her nature remain. Infront of her, the still figure of Eldrin Valkas. Unmoving, staring Dahlia in her face before contorting and shifting into the form of Alucard, his gaze akin to how Eldrin's had been moments earlier.

Pondering upon thoughts of them both, that which is burrowed deep into her mind does not allow so peacefully; "So What.." A distant voice speaks, mimicking Dahlia's own - But was this her own? "Do not be so weak as to care for one of them," It continues its beratement, Alucard's form being torn by the unseen abomination. 

"Perhaps you should do the same yourself."

It suggests. Dahlia's visage remaining unchanged, for she was used to such suggestions, though her gaze dead as she remains on the thought of the boy, Alucard.

A crimson geist rested back in his home, hands resting behind his spectral heas. Those eyeless sockets of his glared up towards the ceiling, a string of curses flowing out of his broken maw. "Another Uialben dead.. funny. Maybe he'll come back. Maybe he won't." He spoke before falling silent for a little while, slowly deciding to sit up. Irlioz, no, Xavis, grinned a wicked smile. "Try not to let The Wastes eat you up, boy."

The Burnt Eagle, Alexander, frowned as he walked around Celia'nor, tapping his cane against the ground. A long aight escaped the fellow as he looked on towards the pond. "A shame to see him go. No matter.. perhaps I'll see you again one day, old friend. Perhaps I won't."

Quietly the elf sits at his desk. Sorting through all sorts of paper before his eyes land upon the letter. Taking hold of a small knife to cut the envelope open, taking the paper from within and reading through it. A sigh escaping after reading the short bit of text. "Poor child... I did try to help you on the right path. Died way too soon." He mumbles over to none but himself. Blowing out one of the candels in his room after. "Rest well, Alucard."

Within the confines of the newly abandoned Serheim, a woman with brunette hair, icy blue eyes; long ears and pale skin scans over the parchment. Her gloved hands holding tightly to the note; before allowing it to fall to the frozen ground. She would walk towards the edge of the wall, staring out to the waters as the stars reflect their light off of the surface. She would release a lengthy sigh before words emit from her mouth. 

"I had just recently spoken with you.. You were alive and in front of my face. I had considered you a 'friend' and you left me now with one less.. If ever I perish and by some intervention we see each other again in the afterlife... I will do my damnedest to torment you for eternity! You deserve that for leaving me with an unfinished task. Only then can I forgive you.. After eternity is over." 

Shortly thereafter, a horrid shriek is heard near the ruins of Serheim. A witchy howl of torment eternal, suffering and pain in a mixture so deadly; those around to hear, certainly would not wish to stick around.

How does a boy become a man without suffering? Without weeping? 

The question was posed to a poorly dug grave, an elf shuffling his feet in the mossy dirt.

. . .Can you forgive me?