[✓] [Creature Lore] Spideer

6 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

Aren't these a contradiction?

This smaller of the two subspecies is able to be taken as a pet, as its harmless. the larger of the two cannot be tamed nor taken as a pet, since it's violent.

If it's not stated clear enough I'll edit it

i want to hunt spideer. +1

spideer 

give us the cute things!

Why are people saying this is cute, sure the images provided but a 8 legged scary deer does not seem cute to me. +1

WUT A HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

On 12/3/2022 at 2:29 AM, ReveredOwl said:

Aren't these a contradiction?

Abduction

Hey there! I really love the idea of this creature, and think it is definitely worth exploring. I also have a few questions.

Are the webs of the Spideer maximus harvestable in any way? Do they have any use post encounter? Similarly what ideas would you have for useful/unique items/reagents that could be harvested from a spideer at the end of an event?

Given their voidal relations, how do objects/beings that react to the presence of voidal energies interact with these creatures? Would they be "detectable" as a void related presence if inspected in various ways? Would any void opposed factions also find them an offense to their senses?

Thank you for making this, and possibly answering these random questions.

3 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

Are the webs of the Spideer maximus harvestable in any way? Do they have any use post encounter? Similarly what ideas would you have for useful/unique items/reagents that could be harvested from a spideer at the end of an event?

I'm mostly unfamiliar with Alchemical reagents, items, etc, but I've had ideas of adding alchemical aspects to the creature's i've been writing- as of now the webs have no use.

3 hours ago, Mannamannaa said:

Given their voidal relations, how do objects/beings that react to the presence of voidal energies interact with these creatures? Would they be "detectable" as a void related presence if inspected in various ways? Would any void opposed factions also find them an offense to their senses?

These little hellish dudes would definitely be able to be a sort of 'sign' of voidal related presences, but I do not think objects/beings that react to voidal energies would have any real affect. Void opposed factions can make their own choice on whether or not they find these guys to be offensive to them, besides having something like faint relations to the void.

And ask away! I'm planning on writing more, so I'd love critique's/ideas.

Spoiler

I love this lore so much, and if you wanted to you could even tie it to even more deep lore. with the infamous grandma spider. piss off all the deep lore druids. with the unspoken one.  https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/191508-aengudaemonica-nemiisae-grandmother-spider/  

On 12/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, GrowingIvy said:

I'm mostly unfamiliar with Alchemical reagents, items, etc, but I've had ideas of adding alchemical aspects to the creature's i've been writing- as of now the webs have no use.

These little hellish dudes would definitely be able to be a sort of 'sign' of voidal related presences, but I do not think objects/beings that react to voidal energies would have any real affect. Void opposed factions can make their own choice on whether or not they find these guys to be offensive to them, besides having something like faint relations to the void.

And ask away! I'm planning on writing more, so I'd love critique's/ideas.

Oh, ok! No need to include alchemy signs or anything (as those could raise the regulations needed for these guys/gals). One idea I could think of is them being a source for unique textiles/producing silk? (for flavor, it need not have any unique abilities compared to regular clothing past aesthetic or rarity)

Maybe they require feeding with some specific resource (or mana-rich vegetation) to make the silk harvestable?

I just love adding little unique elements to ideas like these, feel free to take what you like or not change a thing!